displaying posts 1 to 3 of 3

Author Subject: central locking not working remotely
jimmyhackers

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
i recently bought an xsi. the central locking works but not remotely. according to the previous owner the boot lock froze solid in that snowy weather a month ago and after that the remote part hasnt been working. but as i said it still centrally locks with the key in the drivers door. common sense tells me the recievers up the skitz.

i changed the battery in the key fob just in case. but am still unable to get it working. for a few reasons
where is the reciever? it used to be in the roof just below the ariel for the infra red key fob. i couldnt see it up there, am i being blind?
does the remote part have its own fuse seperate to the locking circuit?if so which one is it?
do i need to reset/syncronise the key with the car?

other than those specifics any help would be appreciated

the world is changed by people in sheds
Posted 7th Mar 2012 at 01:33
barnettjd77

Regular

Post #2
jimmyhackers wrote:
i recently bought an xsi. the central locking works but not remotely. according to the previous owner the boot lock froze solid in that snowy weather a month ago and after that the remote part hasnt been working. but as i said it still centrally locks with the key in the drivers door. common sense tells me the recievers up the skitz.

i changed the battery in the key fob just in case. but am still unable to get it working. for a few reasons
where is the reciever? it used to be in the roof just below the ariel for the infra red key fob. i couldnt see it up there, am i being blind?
does the remote part have its own fuse seperate to the locking circuit?if so which one is it?
do i need to reset/syncronise the key with the car?

other than those specifics any help would be appreciated

i have the same problem now! have you sorted yet? anything you done?

A red rallye in progress!
Posted 5th Apr 2012 at 18:26
Moonstone6

Regular

Post #3
and me does anyone know how to programme the fob to the car i have ther radio wave setup nit the infa red one ??? battery has been peplaced and central locking works off the key but not off the fob Dunno Dunno
Posted 25th Apr 2012 at 10:51