displaying posts 1 to 2 of 2

Author Subject: Idle and throttle response issue
Pascoe

Post #1
I have finally got the 6 back together and actually running, but the engine has developed an intermittent wobble at idle...

It is only intermittent though, and will sometimes idle perfectly balanced ,and not move at all, other times it shakes a good inch back and forth. It doesn't sound like a misfire, and the revs don't change... Any ideas?

Also, connecting the manifold to the exhaust section has proved to be a pain in the ar$e, removed and reseated three times, and it still blows slightly. It has a new gasket, but still doesn't seem to seal... Anyone else had this problem?

Finally, my throttle response is abysmal. There is a huge delay from when I open the throttle, to when the revs actually pick up. When they do pick up, they are juddery and hesitant... Could this be a result of the lamda sensor messing up the mixture, as a result of the exhaust blowing and giving incorrect readings?

Any help would be appreciated!
Posted 22nd Feb 2012 at 13:32
woody.

Senior User

Post #2
1st question must be either mount related or the actual mount cradle has cracked. The throttle response might be down to the TPS or ICV being faulty or indeed the lambda. If you sign up for membership the FAQ section has a good guide and data for all the sensors and what they should be reading under different conditions.
Posted 22nd Feb 2012 at 20:07