displaying posts 26 to 40 of 40

Pages (2): 1 [2]

Author Subject: Quick question about HID kits
ballardpaul

Seasoned Pro

Post #26
To be honest, high cars with hid's as standard still dazzle other drivers.

Phase 2 Blaze GTi 6 (Standard) Sold
Phase 3 Supercharged China GTi 6 (249.8 BHP) Sold
Phase 3 Supercharged Diablo GTi 6 (443 BHP)Sold
Nissan 350Z (300 BHP)
Posted 19th Feb 2012 at 14:48
ballardpaul

Seasoned Pro

Post #27
coskev wrote:
ballardpaul wrote:
I don't think he could use them if the h4 bulbs he needs are dual beam as they need another power source that goes to the battery? Just a guess though?

Pretty sure H4 HID's use a slider set-up to alter from low to hi-beam,so only one power feedThumbs up

If the high beam was separate you would get a short delay in the high beam working,as HID's don't give full instant light.Wink

My mates who fitted them to his fiesta st had one more power source than mine.

But yes it was some form of slider set up.

Phase 2 Blaze GTi 6 (Standard) Sold
Phase 3 Supercharged China GTi 6 (249.8 BHP) Sold
Phase 3 Supercharged Diablo GTi 6 (443 BHP)Sold
Nissan 350Z (300 BHP)
Posted 19th Feb 2012 at 14:49
grumpychef

The Rib Man

Post #28
mattgti6phase2 wrote:
jim01uk wrote:
mattgti6phase2 wrote:
tompaltridge wrote:
mattgti6phase2 wrote:
Yes they are illegal, who cares! Roll eyes

Er, the MOT tester later this year, and every single year hereafter? The police when they stop you? LOL

Not your problem though is it?

So we should just stand by and allow crime to be willfully committed? We'd end up a lawless society if we did.

I believe people should just worry about what they are doing an f*ck everyone else tbh.

Prime example speaking on your phone whilst driving as we all know is illegal, And i have seen people giving people abuse for it.

What does it actually have to do with anyone else?? Let them get on with it. I have 10k h7r HIDS so sue me Police

that's why they are illegal and that's why everybodys' insurance premiums are through the roof because there are too many peolple with that sort of attitude!

It becomes everybodys' problem! i have a problem with being blinded all the bloody time' so it is my problem too!
the "I'm alright i can see where i'm going sod you lot" attitude really f**ks me off!

Formally team BLAZE now Team bianca recuperating from multiple organ failure nicely!
items replaced so far, clutch, cambelt etc, radiator, exhaust, most of front running gear, wish bones, drop links, ball joints, track rod ends, bearings, brakes, calipers, discs, and pads, brake lines, front springs, brake balance compensator thingy, hand brake cable, throttle cable (twice), coil pack, door handle, windscreen, wipers, head lamps several sensors and bulbs Dry .rear beam new throttle cable, new battery. .......... yeah man, team money pit! but shes still rollin!

Posted 19th Feb 2012 at 18:50
cress87

Seasoned Pro

Post #29
mattgti6phase2 wrote:
Prime example speaking on your phone whilst driving as we all know is illegal, And i have seen people giving people abuse for it.

What does it actually have to do with anyone else?? Let them get on with it. I have 10k h7r HIDS so sue me Police

You sound like a f*cking prick. I've nearly been knocked off my motorbike by some c*nt using their phone whilst driving - that's what it has to do with me. The fact that they are a danger is enough reason not to "Let them get on with it". Roll eyes

HIDs might be less of a safety issue than phones but they're still annoying when pikeys retrofit them to old hatchbacks.

Ph3 China blue GTi-6 330Ci///M Sport & NC23 CBR400RR Cool

You feed beefburgers to swans. Yes

I may have been speeding Mr Policeman but [a] I live for the 306 and [b] did you see that dog? omfg
Posted 19th Feb 2012 at 19:04
thugpuggin

Seasoned Pro

Post #30
Man he's a fail. Couldv'e done the world a favour...

Black X Reg PIII.VGTi 6 A4212 pt 1 A4212 pt 2 Searching the streets of Bristol for 1.36p/day.

Joint Kent Leader

Posted 19th Feb 2012 at 19:08
cress87

Seasoned Pro

Post #31
thugpuggin wrote:
Man he's a fail. Couldv'e done the world a favour...

Flip

I may have been speeding Mr Policeman but [a] I live for the 306 and [b] did you see that dog? omfg
Posted 19th Feb 2012 at 19:10
mattgti6phase2

Seasoned Pro

Post #32
Laugh my ass off how's that for attitude? MUG!

Team Nile 6 Superman
Team: 40.2 MPG Smile
5 x a 306 owner!
currently abusing type r's in a town near you ™ Wink
I truely live for the 306 ®
Build date: 29th October 1997 Wednesday's car
midweek madness Tee hee
Posted 19th Feb 2012 at 19:14
jim01uk

Seasoned Pro

Post #33
Tired

Tired

Tired

Zzz
Posted 19th Feb 2012 at 19:17
tcrallye

Regular

Post #34
I agree with everyone else. It's not your problem until somebody you know/you die because of someone driving a car that isn't road worthy or because they're not paying attention, driving whilst on a phone, etc. It's all the same. You say to just get on with it, I'd like to see you get on with it if you lost a relative because of something like this. Laws are made for a reason but your clearly too stupid to see this.
Posted 19th Feb 2012 at 19:22
cress87

Seasoned Pro

Post #35
mattgti6phase2 wrote:
Laugh my ass off how's that for attitude? MUG!

Confused Sorry?

Posted 19th Feb 2012 at 19:30
mattgti6phase2

Seasoned Pro

Post #36
Regardless can you do anything about it on an individual level? No.

A very good friend of mine died from a motor bike accident due to a drunk driver nothing i can do about it is there? Let's look at it like this I saw somebody on their mobile whilst driving and the guy in front of me decided to over take so he was level with the mobile phone user, At this point he was waving his arms about etc. I'm assuming he was telling the person to get off the phone.

Now in my eyes thats f*cking out of orderly dangerous and what has it got to do with him! f*ck all!

Team Nile 6 Superman
5 x a 306 owner!
midweek madness Tee hee
Posted 19th Feb 2012 at 19:32
tcrallye

Regular

Post #37
I'm not saying you should be out and about hunting down phone users. I'm just saying that If everyone had the attitude you have and just said well what can I, a single person do. then we'd get nowhere. I'm sorry to hear you lost a friend due to a drink driver, but surely due to this you must care and not just tink if they drink drive it's their problem, not mine. It's the same principle surely?
Posted 19th Feb 2012 at 19:36
mattgti6phase2

Seasoned Pro

Post #38
Tbh I respect the way you conduct yourself unlike others. The fact remains though that we are not here to enforce the law that's what the plod are for. I don't have a bad attitude I'm just a realist.

These motorists that go out of there way to have a go at people are dangerous. I have overtaken on a clear road before with a national speed limit in force, the guy in front was doing 35ish i indicated out and as i was coming past he swerved towards me. What business is that of his to do something like that?

Team Nile 6 Superman
5 x a 306 owner!
midweek madness Tee hee
Posted 19th Feb 2012 at 19:50
tcrallye

Regular

Post #39
I agree we are not here to enforce it and also it could be more dangerous to try to, I'm not denying that at all. I think you just hit a nerve when saying it's not your problem, let them get on with it. It most certainly is a problem and it affects everyone. I agree with you that said person shouldn't have swerved towards you however he was probably on the phone and trying to change gear at the same time! LOL

Anyway, I think this has run it's course.
Posted 19th Feb 2012 at 20:04
mattgti6phase2

Seasoned Pro

Post #40
tcrallye wrote:
that said person shouldn't have swerved towards you however he was probably on the phone and trying to change gear at the same time! LOL

Laugh my ass off

Team Nile 6 Superman
5 x a 306 owner!
midweek madness Tee hee
Posted 19th Feb 2012 at 20:10

Pages (2): 1 [2]