displaying posts 51 to 75 of 685

Pages (28): first .. 2 [3] 4 .. last

Author Subject: FAO Forum Haters
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #51
The only way to clear this mess up is to make EVERYONE pay and also have some new Admin. Yes

If everyone was made to pay then the financial contribution would be greater and therefore membership fees could be lowered as now everyone is paying something. So for example if everyone was paying, Gold could cost £5 instead of £10 and Silver could be £2.50 instead of £5. That way everybody would be able to post in the relevant sections, there would be less mess, less moaning and people would have paid less for the priviledge. Everyone's a winner!

Also, with new Admin staff who are active on a daily basis, there would be no need for auto-thread locking as if a thread needed addressing the staff would be able to deal with it there and then. Smile

What do you all think of that idea?

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 16th Feb 2012 at 12:21
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #52
I think it doesn't matter until Ash does something about it. But anything is better than the current disaster.

Membership expiring soon, get in contact on our new little forum project.
Posted 16th Feb 2012 at 12:24
dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #53
To add to that Stan. Do away with the tiers and have one level of membership, at a reduced rate.

Then everyone really is an 'equal'.

• Senior Test Automation Engineer for the 306GTi6 Owners Club Forum Wizard

• Posted 16th Feb 2012 at 12:24
    jim01uk

Seasoned Pro

Post #54
    4 legs good, 2 legs bad.
    Posted 16th Feb 2012 at 12:27
    roland rat

Yeeeah Rat fans!

Post #55
    stan_306gti6 wrote:
    The only way to clear this mess up is to make EVERYONE pay and also have some new Admin. Yes

If everyone was made to pay then the financial contribution would be greater and therefore membership fees could be lowered as now everyone is paying something. So for example if everyone was paying, Gold could cost £5 instead of £10 and Silver could be £2.50 instead of £5. That way everybody would be able to post in the relevant sections, there would be less mess, less moaning and people would have paid less for the priviledge. Everyone's a winner!

Also, with new Admin staff who are active on a daily basis, there would be no need for auto-thread locking as if a thread needed addressing the staff would be able to deal with it there and then. Smile

Cracking idea which will sadly fall on deaf ears

RIP 306gti6.com Sad
    Posted 16th Feb 2012 at 12:28
    jsoulman

Seasoned Pro

Post #56
    stan_306gti6 wrote:

I see where you're coming from and it makes sence, but It will be impossible to make everyone pay. I think it's admin that's needed and for them to move posts to the right section and delete questions asked in general that are about brakes etc. If this happens then people will have no other choice to pay instead of moaning that their question wasn't answered. Basically this is what the masses have been saying since the pay scheme was introduced.
    Posted 16th Feb 2012 at 12:30
    simonjames

Seasoned Pro

Post #57
    stan_306gti6 wrote:

+1
    But with just 1 flat rate membership that everyone pays, no membership no access

All South Wales Members Click Here
    Team Supercharged Black RALLYE ™ (Click Here for Build Project)
    MY EBAY ITEMS

Posted 16th Feb 2012 at 12:42
    stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #58
    As Simon says, I was thinking more along the lines of no payment, no access.
    If you are signing up, payment will have to be made before you can post. If you are already a member, your ability to post will be stopped until payment is made.

A lot of forums take this stance with membership. It seems the fairest way to do it in the circumstances. After reading the other posts, I agree membership payment should be a flat rate for everyone, what a good idea. Smile

Maybe this idea should be put forward to Ash as a proposal for reviving the site to its former glory?

Peugeot 306 GTi-6
    2000 (X), Moonstone Love
    Posted 16th Feb 2012 at 12:59
    jsoulman

Seasoned Pro

Post #59
    What but all those who have already paid though? If its a cheaper flat rate, is everyone who has payed already gonna get reinbursed?
    Posted 16th Feb 2012 at 13:03
    billyboy99

Seasoned Pro

Post #60
    stan, if nothing changes and things are as they stand...will you be renewing your membership come renewal time?
    Posted 16th Feb 2012 at 13:06
    dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #61
    jsoulman wrote:
    What but all those who have already paid though? If its a cheaper flat rate, is everyone who has payed already gonna get reinbursed?

Wait until September, or refund the difference to people who have paid since could be an option.

To be fair. I think if you were turn the payment option off today, it would be at least a year until anything happened anyway.

Or start 30gti6rallyeOC.com tomorrow and have it right from the off.

• Posted 16th Feb 2012 at 13:07
    jord294

Seasoned Pro

Post #62
    jsoulman wrote:

or, those that have paid higher fee, don't pay until needed

i for one don't mind paying a membership fee. but where's my tax disc holder ? LOL

FRESHLY RE-FURBISHED GTI BEAMS
    FITTING AND LOWERING AVAILABLE.
    ALL AXLES BUILT USING GENUINE PEUGEOT PARTS

IF I'M NOT HERE, IT ONLY MEANS ONE THING.... I'M SOMEWHERE ELSE!
    Posted 16th Feb 2012 at 13:08
    stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #63
    jsoulman wrote:

It's a valid point and one which need working out to make it fair for everybody. I have simply suggested it, it would take some time to work out the best method of executing it. LOL

Peugeot 306 GTi-6
    2000 (X), Moonstone Love
    Posted 16th Feb 2012 at 13:12
    owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #64
    dangti6 wrote:

You know what, this would be so easy to do - I bet you could have it written, up and running before Ash next logs on. It only takes a week or so to write a forum from scratch (you really don't want an off-the-shelf one). It's an option, but it'd be a shame it had to go that far - this site has so much historical data and info that it would be a crime to have to start again just because Ash can't be bothered to log in every now and again.

In saying that it's being literally deleted day-by-day, so that's happening anyway.

Posted 16th Feb 2012 at 13:14
    stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #65
    billyboy99 wrote:
    stan, if nothing changes and things are as they stand...will you be renewing your membership come renewal time?

I would like to think that by the time renewal is due these issues are resolved and no longer exist. Yes

However, if that is not the case then yes, I would still renew. The reason for this is not simply that I like "waving my big membership dick", but purely because I have been part of this great community for over 8 years now and believe it still has plenty to offer providing we all continue to work in the same direction. That includes ALL the members and the Admin team and the owner.

This I believe can be acheived. Yes

Peugeot 306 GTi-6
    2000 (X), Moonstone Love
    Posted 16th Feb 2012 at 13:17
    owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #66
    stan_306gti6 wrote:
    That includes ALL the members and the Admin team and the new owner.

FTFY

Posted 16th Feb 2012 at 13:18
    aaron6

Seasoned Pro

Post #67
    billyboy99 wrote:
    Im sure he will and so will I. Yes things need to be addressed but if there is no sign of support why bother. Its a good site so its easily worth the £10 I paid.

See the sheer power and might of the lesser known burrowing owl.

Posted 16th Feb 2012 at 13:19
    simonjames

Seasoned Pro

Post #68
    jsoulman wrote:

Those who supported the the site when the new 1 came live and paid right away gets next 2 years FREE

MY EBAY ITEMS

Posted 16th Feb 2012 at 13:19
    billyboy99

Seasoned Pro

Post #69
    hate to say it...but stan for admin...the man has principles..!
    Posted 16th Feb 2012 at 13:23
    dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #70
    owain wrote:
    dangti6 wrote:

You know what, this would be so easy to do - I bet you could have it written, up and running before Ash next logs on. It only takes a week or so to write a forum from scratch (you really don't want an off-the-shelf one).

You bet I could have it written? LOL

I did the highest level of IT I could have in college using just HTML for web work and since then haven't done more on a PC than install a printer. And that's only if you have the install CD.

You could have it done in no time though, you have just put yourself forward. Send me some designs by the end of next week and lets see if we can have it ready for the launch on the 1st of March.

• Posted 16th Feb 2012 at 13:24
    stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #71
    Ok, here's an idea.

Remember its only an idea, its not my decision. Smile

£5 flat rate from now on, so whenever your membership runs out you need to pay £5 to continue to post. Any new member who joins now will have to pay £5 to join. If you are already a member who paid £10 this year, your next years membership is free as you will have then effectively paid £5 per year.

Those people who are joined now but not paid members will have to pay their £5 now to be able to continue to post.

What do we all think? Unsure

Peugeot 306 GTi-6
    2000 (X), Moonstone Love
    Posted 16th Feb 2012 at 13:26
    simonjames

Seasoned Pro

Posted 16th Feb 2012 at 13:29
    stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #73
    billyboy99 wrote:
    hate to say it...but stan for admin...the man has principles..!

Thankyou, I like to think my views represent the viewpoint of the forum in a positive manner. Smile

Peugeot 306 GTi-6
    2000 (X), Moonstone Love
    Posted 16th Feb 2012 at 13:30
    simonjames

Seasoned Pro

Post #74
    stan_306gti6 wrote:
    Ok, here's an idea.

Remember its only an idea, its not my decision. Smile

£5 flat rate from now on, so whenever your membership runs out you need to pay £5 to continue to post. Any new member who joins now will have to pay £5 to join. If you are already a member who paid £10 this year, your next years membership is free as you will have then effectively paid £5 per year.

Those people who are joined now but not paid members will have to pay their £5 now to be able to continue to post.

What do we all think? Unsure

Yes

maybe also have a newbies section so members can register and post in (to be welcomed) before paying up for membership ??

MY EBAY ITEMS

Posted 16th Feb 2012 at 13:31
    dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #75
    simonjames wrote:

Me and Owain don't hang about.

• Posted 16th Feb 2012 at 13:32

Pages (28): first .. 2 [3] 4 .. last