Author Subject: FAO Forum Haters
jsoulman

Seasoned Pro

Post #26
yippeekayay wrote:
jsoulman wrote:
yippeekayay wrote:
I strongly disagree...

Care to elaborate or was this you getting in the worlds most obvious joke before someone else?
you build them i will knock em down. But usually i make a quip and you knock them down... Arent you supposed to be out stalking women with thug?

No he has no game at all it's shameful. LOL
Posted 16th Feb 2012 at 01:09
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #27
heidi6 wrote:
I think there should be more forum meets.

There did used to be things like this. I organised the Pug Run for many years and also we had things like the Christmas get together back in 2004. Yes

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 16th Feb 2012 at 07:05
aaron6

Seasoned Pro

Post #28
stan_306gti6 wrote:
heidi6 wrote:
I think there should be more forum meets.

There did used to be things like this. I organised the Pug Run for many years and also we had things like the Christmas get together back in 2004. Yes
The kent group is still very active. We always try to involve the local newbies as I think the locals enhance the ownership of the car. Just takes people with a bit of get up and go to organise the meets which myself and mattyrallye have started doing. Most months we go out for a drive and something to eat and meet every wednesday. This is a good forum, its just people being too tight to pay and not being proactive thats the problem. Smile

See the sheer power and might of the lesser known burrowing owl.

Posted 16th Feb 2012 at 07:13
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #29
Another part of the problem in my opinion, is that some people seem to forget what this place is supposed to be used for.

This is a car forum, specifically for discussing the 306 GTi-6/Rallye. If you wish to discuss this make/model of car then this is the place. If whilst your here, you think there is something else which would be of benefit to other members to discuss you can post it in "Off Topic".

What this place isn't however, is a social networking site. It is not Facebook, it is not a place to generally talk a load of sh*te.
If you feel like going on the internet telling all your mates what you've been doing, what your current situation is, what the girlfriends up to and generally a chunk of uninteresting information not relevant to anyone else or Peugeot related, then please go to Facebook

If however it's 306 GTi-6/Rallye related then pay the membership, and post in the correct section. If we all followed this line of thought, then the forum would be very easy to navigate round, find the answers you need, no bit*hing and moaning and all would live happily ever after!

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 16th Feb 2012 at 07:14
aaron6

Seasoned Pro

Post #30
I have not got a problem with the talk of other cars, but it should be kept in the correct section. Off topic. My main qualm is beligerant nature of late. Its unnessesary.

Posted 16th Feb 2012 at 07:34
jim01uk

Seasoned Pro

Post #31
heidi6 wrote:
To all those that moan about the Forum being shit, why don't you stop moaning and do something about it?

People offer to be admin, people offer up suggestions on how to make things better. Nothing gets done.

It's still the helpful place it was before the change, and it's also still full of the same immature bullshit that probably around 75% of the members hang about for!

Nothing wrong with the forum, its the same as it has been for the last 7 years I've been here. Yes
Posted 16th Feb 2012 at 07:48
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #32
heidi6 wrote:
To all those that moan about the Forum being shit, why don't you stop moaning and do something about it?

Because what are people to do? We've tried, so many times. Part of the reason new people are ripped is because people resent the fact that they've paid, and are then told specifically not to answer technical questions in non-technical forums. This means every post becomes "pay up like we did, you pikey", people don't bother as all they've so far seen it hate, so no new people really come along. Take out that aspect, I can guarantee you no-one on here dislikes people purely because they're new.

If no-one had to pay then new people could post questions in the right sections, no-one would resent them and they'd go back to getting good technical answers. The problem is that as time goes on more and more key people leave, and there's never going to be any reason for them to come back.

I'm a web developer myself, I've had many email conversations with Ash over the years when the forum was being moved and such and if he turned round and said look, I can't really be arsed with this any more - I'd happily (at the moment, as I have a reasonable amount of free time) get involved on the technical side. I'd vote for people like Stan to be admins over and over until I was blue in the face, people would go to meets and it'd be awesome.

Yes, a site costs money to host. Something like this, maybe a couple of hundred quid a year would do it. Domain names are about £15 for two years and even an SSL certificate so peoples passwords aren't sent around in plain text are about £60. So say you didn't charge, but said look - each year we need £X in donations, or the site stops running. I'd happily chuck some money at it. I'm sure others would. I cannot remember how many times people have been all ready to take their car to a garage and spend £80 an hour on a mechanic just for someone on here to say woah - this is a simple fix, you can do this yourself; I bet you could get some of those people to donate a tenner after something like that.

The only I disagree with so far is that this isn't a social networking site - I'd have no problem (and would actually encourage) people to post up fun threads, advice threads and such - but in the right sections (i.e. Offtopic). No-one's going to keep coming back to this site just to see if someone's got a dodgy power steering pump they need advice on, but I know I keep coming back for the stupid and fun things people say, and while I'm here I'll answer any technical questions I can.

However as has been mentioned I've said all this a million times and it makes no difference to anything because Ash doesn't care, but doesn't want to let it go. I can kinda see his point, but the loving parent gives up their kid for adoption before it starves to death.

Membership expiring soon, get in contact on our new little forum project.
Posted 16th Feb 2012 at 08:09
billyboy99

Seasoned Pro

Post #33
oh my bad i was looking for https://www.306gti6.com, i think i've somehow managed to stumble on https://www.hearditallbefore.co.uk/yawn/letsallgetoverit.html
Posted 16th Feb 2012 at 09:24
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #34
And we'll keep going over it again until Ash gives a satisfactory response.

Posted 16th Feb 2012 at 09:45
aaron6

Seasoned Pro

Post #35
Indeed. Smile

Posted 16th Feb 2012 at 09:57
roland rat

Yeeeah Rat fans!

Post #36
Biggest problem is membership IMO

Either all pay or no pay,SIMPLES!

Plus theres various different amounts of membership,a flat fee would be easier and then if people didnt want to pay they can jog on.
Posted 16th Feb 2012 at 10:16
dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #37
RE the social networking comment, I agree with Owain's point above.

Lots of people check up daily to see what new banter is about, and while skimming over the new posts, may notice a simple technical question they can answer very quickly that will save someone time/expense.

The fault with that is that non paying members can't actually reply with the simple answers. I occasionally PM people advice, but when you rarely get a thanks it makes you think is it worth the effort and strain on the inbox if you do actually get a reply.

I'l say it again, I won't pay as I won't benefit from doing so. If in future I thought that a donation would actually be going in a club fund to make a difference and not in a pocket, then I would make one.

Where's the competitions?

• Senior Test Automation Engineer for the 306GTi6 Owners Club Forum Wizard

• Posted 16th Feb 2012 at 10:20
    billyboy99

Seasoned Pro

Post #38
    roland rat wrote:

Either all pay or no pay,SIMPLES!

well its not really SIMPLES is it...b'cos this is essentially where the whole problem lies.

the fact that people have paid, then realised they DIDNT have to pay like the few of us wise ones that have 'beaten the system', they feel like such idiots for doing so, then asked for refunds, and now when the smart ones post something, the paid up members who feel stiched up start reporting threads and complaining about wrong sections just to get their monies worth.

you get paid members who are still cool and dont really care and get on it, but then you get the ones who start waving their big membership dicks.

/snore
    Posted 16th Feb 2012 at 10:27
    owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #39
    Sign me up.

Posted 16th Feb 2012 at 10:37
    roland rat

Yeeeah Rat fans!

Post #40
    billyboy99 wrote:

the fact that people have paid, then realised they DIDNT have to pay like the few of us wise ones that have 'beaten the system', they feel like such idiots for doing so, then asked for refunds, and now when the smart ones post something, the paid up members who feel stiched up start reporting threads and complaining about wrong sections just to get their monies worth.
    /snore

Well if theres dedicated sections to post stuff in why wouldn't we moan that you've posted in General/Off topic?It makes the forum untidy.

And yes you can be p*ssy that we closed your thread down

POWER TO THE PAYERS!Cool
    Posted 16th Feb 2012 at 10:41
    buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #41
    0 abuse reports wtf

andrew315rawson@live.co.uk
    Moonstone phase 7 gti6
    My Project thread: http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=119992&page=1
    Posted 16th Feb 2012 at 10:45
    owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #42
    buzzbrightyear wrote:
    0 abuse reports wtf

You had to say it, didn't you? If only we had some moderators. Oh no wait, everyone's a moderator as they can lock threads. Oh wait, that's f*cking retarded.

Posted 16th Feb 2012 at 10:46
    billyboy99

Seasoned Pro

Post #43
    How many arseholes does it take to ruin a thread?

Posted 16th Feb 2012 at 10:49
    millic333

Seasoned Pro

Post #44

totally agree with Owain's point re. social networking. I sold my 6 a few years ago, i can't offer much on the technical side but i do come on here to look through interesting posts. Comedy/Off Topic being just two sections. IMO its what makes the forum, the technical stuff has been there for years and will remain, knowledge is retained in members who have stayed around. But a bit of humour posting sometimes really tickles me when i am having a boring day at work.

As for Meets, these used to happen all the time. Just post one up or search out locals near you.

sharland wrote:
    Your life is like an action movie. And I want in.

CARL.
    Posted 16th Feb 2012 at 10:56
    dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #45
    millic333 wrote:

the technical stuff has been there for years and will remain, knowledge is retained in members who have stayed around.

Well, it is archived/ auto deleted after a certain time of inactivity from what I heard LOL

• Posted 16th Feb 2012 at 11:03
    owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #46
    dangti6 wrote:
    Well, it is archived/ auto deleted after a certain time of inactivity from what I heard LOL

You know what, this is probably the most retarded thing on here. Someone new posts in General, gets told to pay and post in Technical, just to be told to search. Meanwhile, all the useful old posts in the technical sections are slowly being deleted and no-one's posting any new ones.

Seriously, ffs.

Posted 16th Feb 2012 at 11:05
    buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #47
    dangti6 wrote:
    millic333 wrote:

the technical stuff has been there for years and will remain, knowledge is retained in members who have stayed around.

All that will be left soon is loads of threads about how the forum is now.

andrew315rawson@live.co.uk
    Moonstone phase 7 gti6
    My Project thread: http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=119992&page=1
    Posted 16th Feb 2012 at 11:07
    roland rat

Yeeeah Rat fans!

Post #48
    buzzbrightyear wrote:
    0 abuse reports wtf

Reason is that its a decent topic which has a serious tone to it for a change.
    Posted 16th Feb 2012 at 11:10
    dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #49
    buzzbrightyear wrote:
    dangti6 wrote:
    millic333 wrote:

All that will be left soon is loads of threads about how the forum is now.

Yes.

Will be similar to the Minutes of a Women's Institute meeting.

• Posted 16th Feb 2012 at 11:18
    russbez

Seasoned Pro

Post #50
    This thread makes me sad

I for one prob won't renew my membership as things stand Sad

We have all discussed it before Sad nothing seems to change.

TEAM HIGH BOOST SUPERCHARGED RALLYE

My Rallye project thread
    Posted 16th Feb 2012 at 11:31

Pages (28): 1 [2] 3 .. last