displaying posts 1 to 4 of 4

Author Subject: door switch
wayne-o-mac_123

Junior User

Post #1
hi,

any one help me sort out the drivers door switch, it doesn't seem to activate the interior light however, it does still make the sound if you leave the main lights on and open the door... so surely the switch isn't faulty?
will it be a case of chasing the wire up into the interior light unit?
Posted 10th Feb 2012 at 20:05
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #2
Sounds like part of the car-to-door wiring loom is broken, leaving the light alarm activation working, but the interior light part not receiving the correct voltage due to a break in the wires.

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 13th Feb 2012 at 18:44
wayne-o-mac_123

Junior User

Post #3
cheers for that because there is 2 terminals on the rear of the switch i thought 1 of the wires must have dropped off but couldn't see it anywhere inside,

so is the best plan off action to unscrew the main door connector and give it a good clean up on all the contacts? failing that is it a hard job to replace the whole section of wire incase it's broken down anywhere?
Posted 14th Feb 2012 at 20:19
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #4
You can buy the door loom separate I think, believe it to be around £70. But yes, essentially what you need to is to find the wiring that comes from the car and then find the same wiring in the door and make sure it has continuity. You will probably find one of the wires doesn't have it and thats the one thats broken. Yes

I would do this before buying anything, as you may find it is a cheap and easy repair rather than replacing the entire loom.

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 15th Feb 2012 at 11:09