displaying posts 26 to 37 of 37

Pages (2): 1 [2]

Author Subject: Replacing rear quarter panel.
pugheaven

Seasoned Pro

Post #26
It's the dent that's above the filler cap that you won't be able to beat out as u can't get behind it, some kind of sucker might do it, then you still have the respray costs!
Posted 5th Feb 2012 at 12:37
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #27
Before you break it I would definitely suggest getting a decent panelbeater to look at it (maybe someone on here knows of someone). That way you will have a definite basis on which to make a decision on whether to break it or fix it.

People are breaking these cars at the drop of a hat these days (as someone on here joked once "breaking GTI-6, ashtray full" ) , and there won't be many left soon. The financial viability question is an interesting one - break a car because it costs too much to fix relative to the value, then cheerfully spend many times that on getting another car which will depreciate hugely in any case.

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 5th Feb 2012 at 16:58
jimmyrallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #28
Even if insurance company writes it of that looks a cat c with the rear floor panel all bent/pushed up ,, think you will get more money being broken ,, how much do you want for it as it is

"Police arrested two kids yesterday, one was drinking battery acid, the other was eating fireworks. They charged one and let the other one off."
Posted 5th Feb 2012 at 17:06
willejs

Post #29
im going to find a decent panel beater tomorrow and ask them to take a look at it. Im just going to ask them to fix the boot and quarter panel. i can do the rest. if thats around or below £400, im going to keep it and spend £200 on the rest. i dont want to scrap it if i can help it. Sad

Anyone got any ideas on the rough price to get the quarter panel beaten and inner boot fixed?
Posted 5th Feb 2012 at 17:06
jimmyrallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #30
Prob looking at £700-900 as it looks and sounds like my mates passat that he crashed he had it all pulled ect

"Police arrested two kids yesterday, one was drinking battery acid, the other was eating fireworks. They charged one and let the other one off."
Posted 5th Feb 2012 at 17:09
arigti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #31
Good luck with it chap Thumbs up

I Live for the 306 Ninja

TEAM CHERRY PINK RALLYE
2008 BMW ///M 320d
Posted 6th Feb 2012 at 00:05
gilesy

Seasoned Pro

Post #32
I don't think decent panel beater and £400 go together sadly.

But good luck
Posted 6th Feb 2012 at 00:06
roland rat

Yeeeah Rat fans!

Post #33
thats f*cked end of
Posted 6th Feb 2012 at 00:11
willejs

Post #34
Thanks Roland.

I took it to a panel beater i know and he said it would cost £700 to put on a new rear quarter panel and properly sort boot floor. he was confident it could be done, but said it probably wasnt worth it, and to break it because id easily get a grand for the bits on it. I havent got time to break it. So once i have heard from the insurance, if they dont pay out (which they probably arnt going to)... im going to sell it as it is.
I drove it there, and it was fine, apart from when going over a bump the rear wheel that got hit rubs on a part of the body. apart from that its fine. You could drive it away (not sure how legally though).

PM me if your interested. Im looking for around £600 ono.
Posted 6th Feb 2012 at 15:22
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #35
no chance its worth that much I'm afraid, picked up and broken straighter ones for under £500 with ash and adam, and that was 18 months ago.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 6th Feb 2012 at 15:36
roland rat

Yeeeah Rat fans!

Post #36
welshpug! wrote:
no chance its worth that much I'm afraid, picked up and broken straighter ones for under £500 with ash and adam, and that was 18 months ago.

^^ This.sadly mate im just telling it like it is so no need to get p*ssy Wink

If you want to replace it with another mint rallye i have one for sale and would take yours in part ex cos im a nice guy Thumbs up
Posted 6th Feb 2012 at 15:38
daver6

Seasoned Pro

Post #37
Surely you can use the spot-weld - slide hammer method to pull the outers back to some sort of shape?

P38 the rest Wink Thumbs up

Red Rallye - Rolling "restoration"

Wishbone Polybushes available
Posted 6th Feb 2012 at 20:10

Pages (2): 1 [2]