displaying posts 1 to 7 of 7

Author Subject: slippage
grumpychef

The Rib Man

Post #1
i think my clutch is on it's way out as it is starting to slip a little in higher gears! are the clutches on these cars adjustable or is it a case of replacement? the biting point is right at the top of pedal travel and only have to rest my foot on it for it to start going? if it is adjustable i might get a bit more out of it?

Formally team BLAZE now Team bianca recuperating from multiple organ failure nicely!
items replaced so far, clutch, cambelt etc, radiator, exhaust, most of front running gear, wish bones, drop links, ball joints, track rod ends, bearings, brakes, calipers, discs, and pads, brake lines, front springs, brake balance compensator thingy, hand brake cable, throttle cable (twice), coil pack, door handle, windscreen, wipers, head lamps several sensors and bulbs Dry .rear beam new throttle cable, new battery. .......... yeah man, team money pit! but shes still rollin!

Posted 4th Feb 2012 at 10:58
rikky 🦔

Post #2
it'll need replacing. i replaced my cable itself when it snapped, and i thought that'd help a little bit, but that's just gone back to being slippy anyway, so it's definitely the clutch. juddering like mad

mine has been on its way out since about april 2010 and i've done another 20k miles in it since then LOL

it'll definitely need doing soon though

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 4th Feb 2012 at 11:10
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #3
Clutch and cable I'm afraid mate....but it will feel soooo much better once its done. Yes

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 4th Feb 2012 at 11:23
grumpychef

The Rib Man

Post #4
stan_306gti6 wrote:
Clutch and cable I'm afraid mate....but it will feel soooo much better once its done. Yes

As i thought! thanks it's only just started to slip so i'll see how it goes i can see my wallet being raped soon as it's due a cambelt change soon too; may as well do both at the same time and aux pully too oh well Sad

I have always maintained that this car has never pulled as well as my old blaze did, maybe a new clutch will help along with this! mrs grumpy asked me if at was worth it? i just said not really but i could spend out on a new car and still have problems to fix so better the devil you know!

Formally team BLAZE now Team bianca recuperating from multiple organ failure nicely!
items replaced so far, clutch, cambelt etc, radiator, exhaust, most of front running gear, wish bones, drop links, ball joints, track rod ends, bearings, brakes, calipers, discs, and pads, brake lines, front springs, brake balance compensator thingy, hand brake cable, throttle cable (twice), coil pack, door handle, windscreen, wipers, head lamps several sensors and bulbs Dry .rear beam new throttle cable, new battery. .......... yeah man, team money pit! but shes still rollin!

Posted 4th Feb 2012 at 11:48
judge dead

Regular

Post #5
mine was the same as this and the clutch pressure plate had 4 bent down fingers wich was causeing mine as actual friction plate wasnt to bad but i replaced both anyway Smile gl if you do tho i found guide on forum here helpfull doin mines untill you get to remove the pin then you need a good few hours to do that
Posted 4th Feb 2012 at 11:57
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #6
They are not that hard to do, and you will save a lot of money by doing it yourself if you can.

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 4th Feb 2012 at 12:23
honestly3k

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
I did 80K on my original clutch, wasnt slipping but i wanted the feel of a nice new smooth lighter clutch pedal and with a couple of shiney additions had it done.

Done 20k on the new one and its still pretty light, you'll be glad you had it done Yes

''Oh, it does handle like a golf!'' Why drive a Golf....when you can drive a GTi-6?
Posted 4th Feb 2012 at 13:02