displaying posts 1 to 14 of 14

Author Subject: dead this morning
grumpychef

The Rib Man

Post #1
OK. not sure if this is the right section thought maybe engines but it is electrical!
This morning i found a dead car ... the battery was totaly dead and had to call out the recovery guys for a home start. the battery is charging ok as he checked it with his meter, but i was puzzled as to why it had drained over the w/e i know it was cold but the car is usually very reliable when it comes to starting! nothing had been "accidentally" left on that i could see. Now every time i start the car the lights start flashing??????? what's that all about? i plan to leave the battery on trickle over night but why are the lights flashing when i turn on the ignition now? can anyone shed any light on this (pardon the pun). i assume it is something to do with the alarm but just can't work it out this has never happened before even after having the battery off!

Formally team BLAZE now Team bianca recuperating from multiple organ failure nicely!
items replaced so far, clutch, cambelt etc, radiator, exhaust, most of front running gear, wish bones, drop links, ball joints, track rod ends, bearings, brakes, calipers, discs, and pads, brake lines, front springs, brake balance compensator thingy, hand brake cable, throttle cable (twice), coil pack, door handle, windscreen, wipers, head lamps several sensors and bulbs Dry .rear beam new throttle cable, new battery. .......... yeah man, team money pit! but shes still rollin!

Posted 30th Jan 2012 at 16:11
anth

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
How old is in the battery you have in there?
Posted 30th Jan 2012 at 16:23
grumpychef

The Rib Man

Post #3
the battery is a few years old now perhaps 6 years old not sure but why are the lights flashing whenever i turn on th ignition the car is starting fine now it has had a run! but the damned lights and indicators flashing thirty times every time i want to drive off is annoying!

Formally team BLAZE now Team bianca recuperating from multiple organ failure nicely!
items replaced so far, clutch, cambelt etc, radiator, exhaust, most of front running gear, wish bones, drop links, ball joints, track rod ends, bearings, brakes, calipers, discs, and pads, brake lines, front springs, brake balance compensator thingy, hand brake cable, throttle cable (twice), coil pack, door handle, windscreen, wipers, head lamps several sensors and bulbs Dry .rear beam new throttle cable, new battery. .......... yeah man, team money pit! but shes still rollin!

Posted 30th Jan 2012 at 17:19
mrdeey

Regular

Post #4
did something similar on my phase 1 when i took the battery off , once i reset the ecu , business as usual

now new booted , boosted and flying again!
Posted 30th Jan 2012 at 17:58
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #5
that'll be the alarm going off Thumbs up

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 30th Jan 2012 at 18:02
grumpychef

The Rib Man

Post #6
mrdeey wrote:
did something similar on my phase 1 when i took the battery off , once i reset the ecu , business as usual

is that the big red button at the back of the engine bay?

Posted 30th Jan 2012 at 18:02
anth

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
No, just unplug the battery for a bit.

If it was totally dead though its time for a new battery really, especially with this weather it can tip them over the edge into 'f*cking uslessness' Smile
Posted 30th Jan 2012 at 18:38
grumpychef

The Rib Man

Post #8
^^^^^ thanks i totally get that i think i may invest in a new one but if it is now charged why are the fing lights still flashing does anyone know? it's a bit like when you click the blipper but they flash for thirty times weird or what? no the blipper has never worked they also flash when i open the passenger door! freaky!

Posted 30th Jan 2012 at 19:00
grumpychef

The Rib Man

Post #9
welshpug! wrote:

and how do i stop it? siren doesn't sound off?

Posted 30th Jan 2012 at 19:01
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #10
grumpychef wrote:
welshpug! wrote:

Yes, the alarm is going off, but the battery in your sounder is knackered and therefore you hear no sound.

The cure is to, lock the car, unlock the car, turn the ignition on and press and hold the alarm button on the right side of the steering column cowling for approx 20 seconds. This will reset the problem, and you should be trouble free mate. Thumbs up

Stan.

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 30th Jan 2012 at 19:11
grumpychef

The Rib Man

Post #11
stan_306gti6 wrote:
grumpychef wrote:
welshpug! wrote:

Yes, the alarm is going off, but the battery in your sounder is knackered and therefore you hear no sound.

The cure is to, lock the car, unlock the car, turn the ignition on and press and hold the alarm button on the right side of the steering column cowling for approx 20 seconds. This will reset the problem, and you should be trouble free mate. Thumbs up

Stan.

That sounds about right! i think i remember having to do this with the blaze once. central locking is fubar so i'll give it a go with the passenger lock as i know the drivers door lock is a bit knackered! thanks for the info! Thumbs up

Posted 30th Jan 2012 at 19:45
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #12
No problem mate, should solve the issue. Smile

Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 30th Jan 2012 at 23:28
dendle89

Senior User

Post #13
had the same problem with mine ! just turned the ignition on and pressed the ultrasonic button until something clicked and then she started up fine !

Team 6 Cylinders

Posted 1st Feb 2012 at 22:56
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #14
Have you tried this yet Chef?

Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 2nd Feb 2012 at 08:46