displaying posts 1 to 6 of 6

Author Subject: Hybrid ARB - +?
xaero1

Senior User

Post #1
So I went ahead and bought a hybrid ARB from Ash last week and had it fitted the other day, along with some new rear beam bushes that needed doing. The back end of the car now feels absolutely superb - that's with standard shocks and springs. It's so tight and of course has very minimal roll - I'm well impressed.

The garage also recommended I replace the rear shocks soon as they're 115k miles old and basically need doing. I'm not keen on lowering the car as it's still an every day car for me with occasional track days - so I'm thinking of the Bilstein kit that's designed for standard ride height - the B4 kit I believe?

However, the other thing I've noticed now is that the front end now feels really loose and "wallowy" compared to the back so I'd like to tighten that up as well. Basically I want to balance the car a bit better. If I go for B4 shocks on the front as well, would I be in the same place I am now - with the back much tighter than the front?

Is there a set up I can use on the front (without dropping ride height and spending stupid money) that will stiffen it up to match the back?

Thanks again in advance - I love this forum! Thumbs up

Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Posted 27th Jan 2012 at 11:56
atterz

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Its commonly thought on here that B8s with -30mm Eibachs is the best way to go. However i imagine some new OE springs with B4s and all new bushes should tighten the front end nicely. Do not however get B4s for the back, unless you buy the ZX ones. The 306 B4 rears are worse than OE.

owain wrote:
A GTI-6 with a good dashboard and the seats down can outsprint an E46 M3 in July.
Posted 27th Jan 2012 at 12:04
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #3
B4's work fine Thumbs up

B4 rears have been updated however the ZX/Xsara ones are a little shorter and rated for the 21mm bars.

BrendanM's car was setup like this and I drove it after rebuilding the beam and setting it 25mm lower, drove nicely Smile

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 27th Jan 2012 at 12:21
eliotrw

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
isnt B6 the one hes after?

Basically B8's but standard height no?

Ex- Phase 3 China GTi-6 T-Reg
Posted 27th Jan 2012 at 12:49
xaero1

Senior User

Post #5
So I should go B4s on front and back?

Surely this would give the same bias as I'm currently getting with std shocks front and back. Remember that I want to stiffen the front to match the stiffer back...

Cheers

Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Posted 27th Jan 2012 at 12:59
adam b

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
You don't, keep the rear stiffer feeling. Just a damper change will work wonders

Nothing to see here
Posted 27th Jan 2012 at 15:59