displaying posts 1 to 4 of 4

Author Subject: Induction kit using existing pipe work
tom275

Regular

Post #1
I have an old Pipercross Air Filter that came of my old XS but that was fitted straight onto the TB and in hind sight would probably have made it worse!

Now Im a massive chav and I loved the noise so I want to fit it to my 6 but was considering trying to attach it to the existing pipework, just removing the standard box and attaching it there. This should give it more cold air but will it be at risk to puddles, heavy spray of the road etc, has anyone got experience of running an induction kit like this?

Btw I did do a search but couldn't find the answer to my question Smile
Posted 23rd Jan 2012 at 13:50
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #2
that's the standard position for a K&N induction kit.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 23rd Jan 2012 at 14:15
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #3
There is loads of info on this on here. As Welshpug says, the K&N is actually designed to fit there. Just keep a watch out for massive puddles and you should be ok.

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 23rd Jan 2012 at 15:13
arigti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
I never had an issue with my K&N on my '6, with regards to puddles although I am pretty sure I have been through a few BIG ones even though it was lowered -45 or so. Puddles would normally only be a problem with heavy rainfall or if your car is 'on the deck' otherwise I shouldn't worry.

I Live for the 306 Ninja

TEAM CHERRY PINK RALLYE
2008 BMW ///M 320d
Posted 24th Jan 2012 at 21:23