displaying posts 1 to 5 of 5

Author Subject: This gti-6 worth it?
Dan James

Post #1
Hey guys, looking at buying a gti-6 no mods so i can work on it myself. Stumbled upon this beast. Take a look and give me feedback, i'll go view it in the week.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201203442346539/sort/priceasc/usedcars/fuel-type/petrol/quantity-of-doors/3/price-from/1000/body-type/hatchback/price-to/2000/model/306/make/peugeot/postcode/sn31jf/page/1/radius/100?logcode=p
Posted 21st Jan 2012 at 13:48
coskev

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Worth a look IMOThumbs up

Listen out for tapping seeing as the heads been offWink

Hard to tell how bad that dent is though,looks big TBHThumbs down

Red GTB1756 powered Fabia VRS daily driver,LBSC Gti6 eater........

Mac1 ZR R1 kit car build in progress.
Posted 21st Jan 2012 at 13:55
honestly3k

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Personally if it was me i would spend the extra and go for the Astor rather than that one. More MOT more tax, head hasnt been apart....and its a much nicer phase 3 and more desireable colour...but thats me Smile

''Oh, it does handle like a golf!'' Why drive a Golf....when you can drive a GTi-6?
Posted 21st Jan 2012 at 13:57
Stuart

Post #4
That looks great and if he/she has paperwork to back up the mileage, I would say that's a good one to look at. The dent in that rear panel may be tricky to pull out if you're worried about that. I had a similar one in my old 306 years ago and it required a bodyshop's attention in the end.

Best of luck. Let us know how you get on.
Posted 21st Jan 2012 at 13:57
coskev

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
honestly3k wrote:
, head hasnt been apart....

Thats not a positive IMO,head gaskets give up on these pretty often now with age.

I would rather buy a car with a fresh gasket aslong as its got the invoices to back up the work/parts fittedThumbs up

Red GTB1756 powered Fabia VRS daily driver,LBSC Gti6 eater........

Mac1 ZR R1 kit car build in progress.
Posted 21st Jan 2012 at 21:11