displaying posts 1 to 11 of 11

Author Subject: ph3 gti6 interior dash loom
snjbowk

Regular

Post #1
as above complete in good working order with fusebox please!!its for a 1999 v plate 6.must be the type where the fusebox doesnt just unplug.all my interior electrics have gone crazy.f*ck all working as it should.what you got??

breaking moonstone v plate 6!!!
Posted 20th Jan 2012 at 12:13
simonjames

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
I might have 1 i know i have 3-4 dash looms but weather 1 is a phase 3 i'll have a check

does things work then not ?

All South Wales Members Click Here
Team Supercharged Black RALLYE ™ (Click Here for Build Project)
MY EBAY ITEMS

Posted 20th Jan 2012 at 12:26
snjbowk

Regular

Post #3
everything is going haywire.here we go!!!!!speedo clocks keep resetting,no radio,central locking,hazards,rear demister.if i turn the car off the speedo will freeze.when i start her back up all the lights work but i have to flick the indigator on for the clocks to reset then it works for 5 and then fuel guage,speed and rev needles jumps up and down like mad.if i press the hazards the relay goes nuts and the needles will drop untill i leave it out.when the clocks decide to work whilst driving if i put the demister on or play with the central locking or open the door all the clocks and the time clock will go dead untill i put the indigator on to reset them again.ive changed almost everything but the loom.hazards dont work at all!?sometimes if the clocks wont reset with the indigator the interior light,time clock and milage will all flash on and off with the indigator???
i tried the fusebox but there is only 3 plugs on the back of it and about 40 seporate cables.f*ck soldering so i thought id try the loom?any thoughts would be great.:-(

Posted 20th Jan 2012 at 13:06
simonjames

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Never heard of 1 doing that before, all earths ok ? have you tried unpluging the loom and replugged it in (behind wiper motor)

MY EBAY ITEMS

Posted 20th Jan 2012 at 13:43
snjbowk

Regular

Post #5
yes everythings seems fine earths good and ive done the plug.ive had her in bits.pug mechanic thinks fusebox.dont know what else to try?

Posted 20th Jan 2012 at 14:02
kriz5176

Post #6
I've got a loom complete with fusebox etc. It's from a 1999 Rallye. I assume it's the same as a GTi6 as there were a few spare plugs when it was removed. Better check if it's the same though.

chris
Posted 20th Jan 2012 at 15:57
simonjames

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
As far as i know the only differences are the air con but that has a separate loom to plug in to the dash loom i'm currently running an air con loom with non air con heater set up so should be ok

MY EBAY ITEMS

Posted 20th Jan 2012 at 16:43
snjbowk

Regular

Post #8
its got a rallye engine with all aircon removed.is it a black fusebox non removable with lots of single cables going into the back with 3 plugs?

Posted 20th Jan 2012 at 21:02
snjbowk

Regular

Post #9
bump

Posted 21st Jan 2012 at 14:01
kriz5176

Post #10
The part that screws onto the bulkhead is black. The actual fusebox is grey. It has everything from the bulkhead connector back. The actual fusebox has loads of plugs into the back of it. The number on the fusebox which I assume is the part number is 9636264180 if that helps.

chris
Posted 21st Jan 2012 at 17:50
snjbowk

Regular

Post #11
no my fusebox is black with only 3 plugs on the back.the rest is all seporate cables with no code printed on it.i think it needs to be off a ph3.nice 1 though.still wanting 1 if anyone has got 1!!

Posted 26th Jan 2012 at 22:07