displaying posts 76 to 100 of 116

Pages (5): first .. 3 [4] 5

Author Subject: driving laws query
jimbamboon

Senior User

Post #76
dangti6 wrote:
I had the same years ago near enough.

So I whipped back to the station and he met me round the back while washing his police car. He told me 'off the record' - his words, that I was seen by his 'mate' and they both run a speed awareness course. It would seem I would benefit from the course. I mentioned that it was a member of fire staff that saw me, in a land rover with no measuring equipment. He agreed and said that I can either pay £30, get 2 kartin sessions and watch a video or fight it. As the karting was retailing at £28 I thought it was a good call for the hassle of fighting it. I was even allowed to take a mate along. He had to watch the video though.

random

"We never have any near misses, we hit them every time!"

clicky code for my benefit

[ url= http://www.website.com]My link[/url ]
Posted 19th Jan 2012 at 20:40
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #77
bennn wrote:
I think if I'd have kicked off it may have been taken further but I just took the bollocking and apologised.

What he said.

And if you do end up being interviewed, keep the above in mind and don't use w@nk words like "no comment". It sounds try-hard and will not have the desired effect as you are not in an American TV crime drama.

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 19th Jan 2012 at 20:42
bigbadbowen

Seasoned Pro

Post #78
No comment worked for me on a possession charge Thumbs up
Posted 19th Jan 2012 at 20:44
brownboy

Seasoned Pro

Post #79
no comment is what any good solicitor will tell you to say !!!!!!!!!!
Posted 19th Jan 2012 at 20:46
davedgti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #80
I still don't get what you have allegedly done wrong? unless it was in a built up area?

Say I hypothetically was cruising down an A road at 60mph at the legal speed limit, I then come across a big queue of traffic, say 10/12 cars behind some dodderer doing 30mph, no-one attempts to overtake, I then drop it into third at a nice long stretch of road, nothing coming the other way or junctions etc, I indicate and overtake them all,

Is that illegal? and would I be done for dangerous driving? Dunno

note: this maybe did not happen and if it did it wasn't me Whistle

Team Supercharged Gti-6 Ninja
Posted 19th Jan 2012 at 20:54
cress87

Seasoned Pro

Post #81
Well in the eyes of all the silly bints in MPVs who tend to cause these tailbacks, overtaking is one of the cardinal sins and should be punishable by forced attendance at a Barrymore pool party. Yes

Ph3 China blue GTi-6 330Ci///M Sport & NC23 CBR400RR Cool

You feed beefburgers to swans. Yes

I may have been speeding Mr Policeman but [a] I live for the 306 and [b] did you see that dog? omfg
Posted 19th Jan 2012 at 20:59
davedgti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #82
Yes but these silly bints are the ones causing people to overtake in the first place by driving so slowly, I mean ffs at least do 50mph so you can get it into 5th to save on juice Dunno , I personally think its them that should be done for dangerous driving or at least careless driving,

Maybe they could be sent on a course at the local track?

Posted 19th Jan 2012 at 21:07
footah212

Senior User

Post #83
davedgti6 wrote:
I still don't get what you have allegedly done wrong? unless it was in a built up area?

Say I hypothetically was cruising down an A road at 60mph at the legal speed limit, I then come across a big queue of traffic, say 10/12 cars behind some dodderer doing 30mph, no-one attempts to overtake, I then drop it into third at a nice long stretch of road, nothing coming the other way or junctions etc, I indicate and overtake them all,

Don't you just hate those cnuts who won't overtake then sit about 10ft from the artic lorry that is causing the hold up?? Also the 20 cnuts behind him who all sit up each others arses not overtaking.

They should be done for dangerous driving!! because it makes honest people like us have to overtake loads of cars and if then you you have to squeaze in when somethings coming the other way.

Then the cnuts flash at you like you are some kind of lunatic.

Dunno

Overtaking should be part of the driving test, if you can't do it you don't get a license.

Rant over

Phase 2 Blaze GTi6

PS3 - Black Ops 2

Engine crane for hire Renfrewshire
Posted 19th Jan 2012 at 21:11
cress87

Seasoned Pro

Post #84
davedgti6 wrote:
Yes but these silly bints are the ones causing people to overtake in the first place by driving so slowly, I mean ffs at least do 50mph so you can get it into 5th to save on juice Dunno , I personally think its them that should be done for dangerous driving or at least careless driving,

Maybe they could be sent on a course at the local track?

Precisely. The selfish arseholes think we should just patiently follow them for eternity at whatever speed they happen to choose. They also tend to travel at that same speed on every road so they continue to travel at 38mph even in 30 zones so they just don't have a f*cking clue.

People should definitely be penalised for driving far too slow as it invariably leads to frustrated people taking risks to get past and is therefore more dangerous than exceeding a NSL by 10mph. Dunno

Edit: Definitely agree that people should be taught how to overtake whilst learning to drive. The turds who follow slow vehicles really closely with no intention of overtaking them also p*ss me off. Yes

I may have been speeding Mr Policeman but [a] I live for the 306 and [b] did you see that dog? omfg
Posted 19th Jan 2012 at 21:14
davedgti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #85
To me if you don't have the bo***cks to overtake, then you should at least leave a gap for someone to fit in who will overtake, driving standards in this country are w*nk, When I was in France on the country roads I got overtaken all the time by pensioners and all-sorts LOL I too get flashed all the time

Posted 19th Jan 2012 at 21:17
cress87

Seasoned Pro

Post #86
davedgti6 wrote:
When I was in France on the country roads I got overtaken all the time by pensioners and all-sorts LOL

Whistle

Posted 19th Jan 2012 at 21:20
m306

Seasoned Pro

Post #87
davedgti6 wrote:

its not a built up area but is a 30 zone, no idea why Dunno it used to be national speed limit but for some reason was dropped. in the are that is 30 there is a pub, church, garage, approx 5 houses and a farm, and the 30 zone last for about a mile, theres hedges either side of the road and no street lights, its the most pointless place in the world.

oh i like the trackday idea Thumbs up

supercharged China gti6 - Thu 16th Sep 1999 - sold
2010 megane rs250
Posted 19th Jan 2012 at 21:22
davedgti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #88
cress87 wrote:
davedgti6 wrote:
When I was in France on the country roads I got overtaken all the time by pensioners and all-sorts LOL

Whistle

Hey, Angry I was in a foreign country on a foreign A road, wasn't too bad though, at least they drive on the same side as us Yes

Posted 19th Jan 2012 at 21:26
darkgti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #89
On the roads cars are safer than they’ve ever been. With airbags packed into every cubbyhole and sacrificial crumple zones threatening to turn your car into scrap if you slam the door to hard, we should have nothing left to worry about compared to a Morris Minor driver of 40 years ago.

Over my 13 year driving career I’ve noticed a worrying trend, one that strikes at the heart of anyone who is enthusiastic about cars and driving: I reckon overtaking is now socially unacceptable in Britain.

I’m not talking about a tyre-squealing boy-racer charge in the face of oncoming traffic - I’m talking about legitimate, smooth manoeuvres on empty roads. Nowadays, they all get the same reaction - when I look in the mirror after passing someone, I see shocked faces, flashing headlights and hand gestures. I need a sign in the back of my car saying ‘What?’
Living in amongst long national speed limit country roads, I pay a premium to own a car that’s capable enough that I don’t have to spend my life behind the wheel of a motor car. Its sharp, responsive and quick enough to skip down a line of traffic like a pebble across a pond, each move made in utter control and confidence by the driver. But it doesn’t go down well with the modern British driver; it’s like brandishing a gun at a childrens party.

Now, more than ever, we follow each other on autopilot in a 40mph queue, absorbed in some mindless local radio and totally oblivious to the machinery underneath us. In an environment like this, overtaking someone is like walking into a strangers house and switching TV channels while they’re in the middle of watching ‘Celebrity Vet Airport’ - in milliseconds they switch mode from dribbling imbecile to affronted civic leader ; ‘How dare you overtake me!’
Some people even close up the gap so you can’t squeeze in front of them, happier to see you pulverised in a head-on collision than get away with getting in front of them - because, while they have no intention of overtaking, your not allowed either. Others even speed up and sit an inch from your rear bumper -’How dare you break rank!’ Then theres the 40mph in a 60mph brigade and those who put their main beam on for the duration of you being in front of them. Total c*unts!

So to all the people around the world who are enthusiastic about driving and don’t want to drift along in a fog, but drive along with their brain engaged kepp at it in my opinion. Is this dangerous? I think not! Don’t let the bast*rds grind you down!

Team Peugeot Sport 308 Gti�

Black T'99 Gti - may she rest in peace - written off in a shunt on the A329m
Posted 19th Jan 2012 at 21:26
honestly3k

Seasoned Pro

Post #90
darkgti6 wrote:
On the roads cars are safer than they’ve ever been. With airbags packed into every cubbyhole and sacrificial crumple zones threatening to turn your car into scrap if you slam the door to hard, we should have nothing left to worry about compared to a Morris Minor driver of 40 years ago.

Over my 13 year driving career I’ve noticed a worrying trend, one that strikes at the heart of anyone who is enthusiastic about cars and driving: I reckon overtaking is now socially unacceptable in Britain.

I’m not talking about a tyre-squealing boy-racer charge in the face of oncoming traffic - I’m talking about legitimate, smooth manoeuvres on empty roads. Nowadays, they all get the same reaction - when I look in the mirror after passing someone, I see shocked faces, flashing headlights and hand gestures. I need a sign in the back of my car saying ‘What?’
Living in amongst long national speed limit country roads, I pay a premium to own a car that’s capable enough that I don’t have to spend my life behind the wheel of a motor car. Its sharp, responsive and quick enough to skip down a line of traffic like a pebble across a pond, each move made in utter control and confidence by the driver. But it doesn’t go down well with the modern British driver; it’s like brandishing a gun at a childrens party.

Now, more than ever, we follow each other on autopilot in a 40mph queue, absorbed in some mindless local radio and totally oblivious to the machinery underneath us. In an environment like this, overtaking someone is like walking into a strangers house and switching TV channels while they’re in the middle of watching ‘Celebrity Vet Airport’ - in milliseconds they switch mode from dribbling imbecile to affronted civic leader ; ‘How dare you overtake me!’
Some people even close up the gap so you can’t squeeze in front of them, happier to see you pulverised in a head-on collision than get away with getting in front of them - because, while they have no intention of overtaking, your not allowed either. Others even speed up and sit an inch from your rear bumper -’How dare you break rank!’ Then theres the 40mph in a 60mph brigade and those who put their main beam on for the duration of you being in front of them. Total c*unts!

So to all the people around the world who are enthusiastic about driving and don’t want to drift along in a fog, but drive along with their brain engaged kepp at it in my opinion. Is this dangerous? I think not! Don’t let the bast*rds grind you down!

Superb rant Thumbs up

''Oh, it does handle like a golf!'' Why drive a Golf....when you can drive a GTi-6?
Posted 19th Jan 2012 at 21:30
davedgti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #91
I too don't get people who speed up to close the gap, I mean what do they think would happen if you did have to pull in?, if its a choice of a head on collision or pulling in and knocking the c*nt into a field I know what I would do, although I always make sure that I can get past them whether they speed up or not

Great rant though Thumbs up

Posted 19th Jan 2012 at 21:36
cress87

Seasoned Pro

Post #92
^^ Good post. Yes

There are irritating responses to overtaking such as the headlight flashing but as you say, it seems some people would rather see you peeled from the front of an oncoming lorry than see you arrive at your destination before them even if they have no intention of making good progress. It's the same mentality I observe when on my motorbike: some people will move deliberately to try and stop you filtering past them in slow-moving/stationary traffic. It won't help them get anywhere faster but they somehow feel better knowing that you won't either. Erm?

Posted 19th Jan 2012 at 21:38
thugpuggin

Seasoned Pro

Post #93
Overtaking is what helps to make life fun, that and beer but the two aren't best combined to excess. It's not my fault people that can't read a road and don't wan't to, yet feel oblivious to look in the rear view mirror to see the headache they are causing behind them when someone overtakes them.

I've had oncoming traffic flash me for overtaking once on A36 about 800m away.

Black X Reg PIII.VGTi 6 A4212 pt 1 A4212 pt 2 Searching the streets of Bristol for 1.36p/day.

Joint Kent Leader

Posted 19th Jan 2012 at 21:42
m306

Seasoned Pro

Post #94
on the bike comment cress87, im one of the few who actually move over and try to make it easier and safer for the biker. i know hes going to pass whether i like it or not so why be a dick about it? id rather be considerate to a fellow car/bike enthusiast

2010 megane rs250
Posted 19th Jan 2012 at 21:45
footah212

Senior User

Post #95
I'm glad it's not just me who feels this way. I do a lot of miles in my job and regularly have to travel 4 hours to get home on a friday. These people who don't overtake and behave as the above posts state should be taken outside and shot.

What would the police say do think if they witnessed one of these moments when soemone tries to close a gap you need to get in to?

I would like to think that the Traffic's (being car enthusiats i'm sure ) would side with us, but sadly if this kind of behaviour by the H&S Dont Overtake Anybody Bridgade did cause us a head on collision then it would be us facing the Dangerous Driving charges.

I can see the healine now ' Lunatic driver kills family of 4' when it should read

' Asshole ignorant cnut causes death of motorist and family of 4'

Phase 2 Blaze GTi6

PS3 - Black Ops 2

Posted 19th Jan 2012 at 21:49
cress87

Seasoned Pro

Post #96
m306 wrote:
on the bike comment cress87, im one of the few who actually move over and try to make it easier and safer for the biker. i know hes going to pass whether i like it or not so why be a dick about it? id rather be considerate to a fellow car/bike enthusiast

There are a lot of good people who do move over to help you pass. You find most of them are bikers themselves but generally motoring enthusiasts are pretty good. Yes

I'm always sure to acknowledge those who move over to let you through.

Posted 19th Jan 2012 at 21:50
davedgti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #97
m306 wrote:

Nah, your being too nice/considerate, move over a bit so he can overtake then once he's alongside open your door to stop him overtaking, I mean why should he get to his destination before you? Dunno

Posted 19th Jan 2012 at 21:50
thugpuggin

Seasoned Pro

Post #98
davedgti6 wrote:
m306 wrote:

Nah, your being too nice/considerate, move over a bit so he can overtake then once he's alongside open your door to stop him overtaking, I mean why should he get to his destination before you? Dunno

I prefer to put the window down and say "you know a 6 will get there quicker than you. Want a lift?"

Black X Reg PIII.VGTi 6 A4212 pt 1 A4212 pt 2 Searching the streets of Bristol for 1.36p/day.

Joint Kent Leader

Posted 19th Jan 2012 at 21:51
m306

Seasoned Pro

Post #99
footah212 wrote:
I'm glad it's not just me who feels this way. I do a lot of miles in my job and regularly have to travel 4 hours to get home on a friday. These people who don't overtake and behave as the above posts state should be taken outside and shot.

What would the police say do think if they witnessed one of these moments when soemone tries to close a gap you need to get in to?

I would like to think that the Traffic's (being car enthusiats i'm sure ) would side with us, but sadly if this kind of behaviour by the H&S Dont Overtake Anybody Bridgade did cause us a head on collision then it would be us facing the Dangerous Driving charges.

I can see the healine now ' Lunatic driver kills family of 4' when i should read

' Asshole ignorant cnut causes death of motorist and family of 4'

totally agree, can we make you the head of police or something

2010 megane rs250
Posted 19th Jan 2012 at 21:52
footah212

Senior User

Post #100
thugpuggin wrote:
davedgti6 wrote:
m306 wrote:

I prefer to put the window down and say "you know a 6 will get there quicker than you. Want a lift?"

Laugh my ass off

Phase 2 Blaze GTi6

PS3 - Black Ops 2

Posted 19th Jan 2012 at 21:53

Pages (5): first .. 3 [4] 5