displaying posts 1 to 25 of 33

Pages (2): [1] 2

Author Subject: Help me pick a headunit?!
webster

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Can't decide between:

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/12881.html

and this:

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/12981.html

Any input on either would be appreciated.....

cress87 wrote:
I'm stopped for speeding on a daily basis but now the police are aware that I live for the 306 they dare not interfere, just sit in their cars quaking as I drive past.
Posted 17th Jan 2012 at 06:49
anth

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
WTF you thief! lol

Posted 17th Jan 2012 at 14:53
eliotrw

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Lmao took me ages to get it......

Ex- Phase 3 China GTi-6 T-Reg
Posted 17th Jan 2012 at 17:39
darkgti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
stereo1

and this:

stereo2

Team Peugeot Sport 308 Gti

Black T'99 Gti - may she rest in peace - written off in a shunt on the A329m
Posted 17th Jan 2012 at 18:17
darkgti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
If it was me out of the two I would opt for the Alpine because it has DAC's made by Burr Brown who are really big in the HiFi industry. Quite a few HiFi companies use their DAC's like Cyrus Rega and Arcam to name a few so your guaranteed good sound quality. It also seems just as (if not more so) versatile as the Pioneer. Does look pukka though that pioneer.

Team Peugeot Sport 308 Gti

Black T'99 Gti - may she rest in peace - written off in a shunt on the A329m
Posted 17th Jan 2012 at 18:25
webster

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
Ordered alpine unit, car already has that in it & sounds pretty good, although I did order a lesser model.
Cheers.

cress87 wrote:
I'm stopped for speeding on a daily basis but now the police are aware that I live for the 306 they dare not interfere, just sit in their cars quaking as I drive past.
Posted 17th Jan 2012 at 20:42
webster

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
anth wrote:
WTF you thief! lol

Why do you have a picture of my car up you c*nt.

Big grin

cress87 wrote:
Posted 17th Jan 2012 at 20:49
anth

Seasoned Pro

Post #8
It's ok you can use it if you want your never be able to clean it to the same standard Smile
Posted 18th Jan 2012 at 09:03
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #9
what's wrong with the standard unit?

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 18th Jan 2012 at 09:13
webster

Seasoned Pro

Post #10
My iPhone doesn't plug into the standard unit, and the sound quality is slightly different to say the least.

cress87 wrote:
Posted 18th Jan 2012 at 09:25
webster

Seasoned Pro

Post #11
.....and the morale of the story is never buy the cheap version !!!! Ended up ordering the decent one and RMA'ing the cheaper version as it was SHIT.

cress87 wrote:
Posted 23rd Jan 2012 at 20:17
cescnathan

Regular

Post #12
how about Philips CED 370, budget one and i just bought it for my 6. Thumbs up

http://www.philips.co.uk/c/car-entertainment-systems/8.9-cm-3.5-inch-touch-screen-bluetooth-dvd-ced370_00/prd/;jsessionid=6526DA91380F38022F380DEBA23AAA63.app101-drp2

although I want JVC AVX 77 but no stock anymore~~~ Sad
Posted 24th Jan 2012 at 15:37
webster

Seasoned Pro

Post #13
Looks good but too late and doesn't seem to be readily available in the UK, thanks though.

Popped the Alpine 305s in now and it sounds perfect.

cress87 wrote:
Posted 24th Jan 2012 at 16:29
tcrallye

Regular

Post #14
webzta wrote:
Looks good but too late and doesn't seem to be readily available in the UK, thanks though.

Does it just need to be plugged in to the USB to listen to music and charge or do you have to plug in an aux too? Also, if someone calls you I assume the music stops, you answer and it comes through the speakers?

If so Im tempted, I have a shitty ripspeed one at the moments which decides whether it wants to turn volume up or down which ever way you turn the knob! Very random, I turn it left to turn it down but it starts to increase volume, so I stop and turn it right thinking maybe that will decrease the volume but it increases further so I am eventually left with stupidly loud music or no volume at all. Very frustrating!
Posted 24th Jan 2012 at 17:48
arigti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #15
I have a Kenwood CD/iPod headunit, not as flashy or as functional as the ones you have links to but I would not be without it NO more CDs Smug

I Live for the 306 Ninja

TEAM CHERRY PINK RALLYE
2008 BMW ///M 320d
Posted 24th Jan 2012 at 21:14
webster

Seasoned Pro

Post #16
tcrallye wrote:
webzta wrote:

Does it just need to be plugged in to the USB to listen to music and charge or do you have to plug in an aux too? Also, if someone calls you I assume the music stops, you answer and it comes through the speakers?

If so Im tempted, I have a shitty ripspeed one at the moments which decides whether it wants to turn volume up or down which ever way you turn the knob! Very random, I turn it left to turn it down but it starts to increase volume, so I stop and turn it right thinking maybe that will decrease the volume but it increases further so I am eventually left with stupidly loud music or no volume at all. Very frustrating!

Just plug your phone in as if you would when you charge it.

I believe you can get an add-on for the unit for full phone call capability with an external mic, but I haven't at the moment.

The thing that makes this unit the one I chose was the usability - so simple to browse through your albums/artists/playlists as if you were using the phone, and the SQ is fantastic.

Anth originally found the unit, I just agree with the reasons he chose it (listed above).

cress87 wrote:
Posted 25th Jan 2012 at 14:27
BrianM

Regular

Post #17
I am an Alpine nob, I would have went for that too. I've got the 9887r and it's bloody lovely, it makes standard rallye speakers sound alright at moderate volumes!

'13 208 Gti Bianca White, '99 Bianca 306 Rallye, '92 309 Goodwood GTi 5dr, '92 Miami Blue 309 GTi 3dr.
Posted 25th Jan 2012 at 17:55
russbez

Seasoned Pro

Post #18
chirst what a s**te experience im having with caraudiosecurity.com, ordered an Alpine: iDA-X305S

ordered it on Tuesday, phoned on thursday it was just getting sent out, phone today.... I wont get it till the 22nd.

feel sorry for the chap who gets me on the phone on monday if it doesnt come Yes

TEAM HIGH BOOST SUPERCHARGED RALLYE

My Rallye project thread
Posted 23rd Mar 2012 at 16:42
anth

Seasoned Pro

Post #19
russbez wrote:
chirst what a s**te experience im having with caraudiosecurity.com, ordered an Alpine: iDA-X305S

ordered it on Tuesday, phoned on thursday it was just getting sent out, phone today.... I wont get it till the 22nd.

feel sorry for the chap who gets me on the phone on monday if it doesnt come Yes

s**t that's unlike them Sad

It's worth the wait an excellent head unit, webzta found this out the hard way due to his foolishness Smile
Posted 23rd Mar 2012 at 18:56
webster

Seasoned Pro

Post #20
Let me know how you get on with it and if you want any input on the settings.

cress87 wrote:
Posted 24th Mar 2012 at 01:38
russbez

Seasoned Pro

Post #21
been using my Alpine: iDA-X305S for few weeks now
happy enough with it once i managed to turn the brightness down when its dark LOL

doesnt work very well with my iphone 4 but works fine with my old ipod nano, seems to jump and disconnect with the iphone Crazy
happy enough with it, once it finally came

cant stop laughing at the Anth's avatar lol

My Rallye project thread
Posted 16th Apr 2012 at 11:37
webster

Seasoned Pro

Post #22
I use mine every day with my iphone 4 - never had an issue? Have you checked google to see if anyones had similar problem?

cress87 wrote:
Posted 16th Apr 2012 at 12:08
eddiebeano

Senior User

Post #23
russbez wrote:
been using my Alpine: iDA-X305S for few weeks now
happy enough with it once i managed to turn the brightness down when its dark LOL

doesnt work very well with my iphone 4 but works fine with my old ipod nano, seems to jump and disconnect with the iphone Crazy
happy enough with it, once it finally came

cant stop laughing at the Anth's avatar lol

My alpine head unit doesn't like the iPhone 4 either. I ended up buying a 3.5mm jack that plugs in place of the full speed apple cable, works perfectly but doesn't charge the phone.

team: Stealth Ninja
Posted 16th Apr 2012 at 12:08
eddiebeano

Senior User

Post #24
webster wrote:
I use mine every day with my iphone 4 - never had an issue? Have you checked google to see if anyones had similar problem?

It worked fine on my 3G until I upgraded IOS but ever since none of the IOS seem to work.. Sad I think a few people with volvos are also having this problem.

team: Stealth Ninja
Posted 16th Apr 2012 at 12:10
russbez

Seasoned Pro

Post #25
im not fused, would only be once in blue moon using it with iphone
every bump i went over seemed to disconnect my iphone LOL

ipod works fine Dunno

My Rallye project thread
Posted 16th Apr 2012 at 12:11

Pages (2): [1] 2