gilesy

Seasoned Pro

Post #26
I think it would be better in the bin tbh Thumbs up
Posted 18th Jan 2012 at 11:18
jimmyhackers

Seasoned Pro

Post #27
that bonnets rather cool, my friends played noughts and crosses in the dust on my windows the other day. shame they adapted it to swasticas and nf's :S

i quite like the rat rod style (as i keep explaining my fav film as a child was madmax2). not as much as the vw scene boys and girls. its the whole illusion thing, the fact average jo no clue will think nail when in actuall fact all mechnicals are sound (and this nail acttually has some poke). i had a few quotes on vinyl wraps (was looking into mattblack golfball bumps). its not really anyywhere near as cheap. a litre of paint is 7 quid and does 3 coats

p.s.

if you cant say something nice, say something constructive, if you cant say something constructive ill take it you are simple.

the world is changed by people in sheds
Posted 18th Jan 2012 at 12:03
arigti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #28
gilesy wrote:
I think it would be better in the bin tbh Thumbs up

Laugh My thoughts too although there is somewhere else it would fit in nicely.. Wink

As Jon said get the chalk out! Thumbs up

I Live for the 306 Ninja

TEAM CHERRY PINK RALLYE
2008 BMW ///M 320d
Posted 19th Jan 2012 at 19:01
jimmyhackers

Seasoned Pro

Post #29
ill take the poo pooer as jealous, matt blacks the new bianca white...... Smile

Posted 20th Jan 2012 at 00:17
matt evans

Seasoned Pro

Post #30
To keep it clean surely a wash with a non wax based shampoo will keep it clean without imparting a shine on it.

Daft as it sounds, baby bath suds will do that. Ive seen folks wash cars with it before! I wouldnt bother repainting it every few weeks, unless the paint falls off.

Get a decent camera and get some better picks up Jimmy.

1999 Astor Grey GTi-6 OEM+ (now gone...)
2004 Aegean Blue 206 GTi 180 (also gone...)
2006 Skoda Fabia vRS in Sprint Yellow

honestly3k wrote:
Do you wrestle for a living matt? You sound like a monster LOL

owain wrote:
Nothing involving a 306 can be considered worthwhile.

Posted 20th Jan 2012 at 10:06
jimmyhackers

Seasoned Pro

Post #31
my mates got a 2 grand mega pro camera (unsire of name/make). said hell take some phots when we have a nice sunny day and its not semi dismantled, stuck on the axel stands with all its wheel missing etc.

thanks for the advice about the shampoo Razz ill buy some "matey" this weekend. i know most shampoos and fairy washing up liquid etc contain salts that corrode metalwork faster, do types of baby baths not contain these salts (no more tears)?

i may leave it like my old white 1.4 i didnt wash that for.....over a year and honestly it looks as clean as it did a week after i washed it. if anyones cringinging about these comments dont worry i will be cleaning and maintaining mechanicals. i wouldnt let this thing rust to nothing.

Posted 20th Jan 2012 at 11:23
matt evans

Seasoned Pro

Post #32
jimmyhackers wrote:
my mates got a 2 grand mega pro camera (unsire of name/make). said hell take some phots when we have a nice sunny day and its not semi dismantled, stuck on the axel stands with all its wheel missing etc.

thanks for the advice about the shampoo Razz ill buy some "matey" this weekend. i know most shampoos and fairy washing up liquid etc contain salts that corrode metalwork faster, do types of baby baths not contain these salts (no more tears)?

i may leave it like my old white 1.4 i didnt wash that for.....over a year and honestly it looks as clean as it did a week after i washed it. if anyones cringinging about these comments dont worry i will be cleaning and maintaining mechanicals. i wouldnt let this thing rust to nothing.

Washing up liquid contains salts, baby bath stuff shouldnt, otherwise they'd dry the babies out like old sandles.

Only mentioned it because some of the new matt finishes you get on top end cars have to be cleaned with a wax free shampoo type solution.

1999 Astor Grey GTi-6 OEM+ (now gone...)
2004 Aegean Blue 206 GTi 180 (also gone...)
2006 Skoda Fabia vRS in Sprint Yellow

honestly3k wrote:
Do you wrestle for a living matt? You sound like a monster LOL

owain wrote:
Nothing involving a 306 can be considered worthwhile.

Posted 20th Jan 2012 at 17:11
jimmyhackers

Seasoned Pro

Post #33
ah i see....... i doubt bmw etc use blackboard paint Smile

ill see how its goes and report back when i finally get this thing out in some rain/dirt....... just spent the weekend stripping all the bits off of my wrecked gti rather than tackling my snapped rear nipples.

i think im just avoiding the job now. in my left over time today i rewired my stereo. (26 crimped bullet connectors :s) probably subconsiously i know the only thing stopping me driving it is the unbled brakes and once i get it on the road i wont want to take it off again to fix all the niggly things.

Posted 21st Jan 2012 at 01:53

Pages (2): 1 [2]