displaying posts 1 to 12 of 12

Author Subject: not about a 306 but...
judge dead

Regular

Post #1
this is about bike mods and traffic filtering being banned sign this petition as im sure many here must drive a motorbike none will ever be happy untill were floating about on 0 emission clouds or something Thumbs down

https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/22251
Posted 10th Jan 2012 at 18:12
Rich E Forum Admin

Post #2
That whole petition is a waste of time and will achieve nothing. It's been written by someone having a rant rather than putting across a proper point of view.

It's in the same league as that UK Nürburgring petition for pointlessness.

Rich
Posted 10th Jan 2012 at 18:54
gota6again

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Some e-Petition person wrote:
They also propose to ban filtering through traffic, which would be dangerous for air-cooled machines that could blow up in traffic

Really??
Posted 10th Jan 2012 at 19:03
Rich E Forum Admin

Post #4
I laughed at that. Surely forcing vehicles with inadequate cooling off the road is a good thing?

Rich
Posted 10th Jan 2012 at 19:05
gota6again

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
Nope, sorry wrong there Rich, think of all the industries that would lose money.....recovery firms, garages, accident lawyer scum (advert goes something like: "I was riding my air cooled bike when I had to stop in traffic, it blew up and took out a small village, thanks to wesueanybody.com I got to keep 100% of the compensation" )....it's all about preserving the British economy LOL
Posted 10th Jan 2012 at 19:19
thugpuggin

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
Started by a woman to, must've been on or something.

Black X Reg PIII.VGTi 6 A4212 pt 1 A4212 pt 2 Searching the streets of Bristol for 1.36p/day.

Joint Kent Leader

Posted 10th Jan 2012 at 19:25
judge dead

Regular

Post #7
true but if none complians nothing will ever be done about it sit back and slag it all day but there never is a thread post comment people are all happy with everyone has there views and we slag aircooled bikes but were a forum for a gti6 so surely there are more people who love the air cooled older bikes
Posted 10th Jan 2012 at 19:37
daver6

Seasoned Pro

Post #8
It's all about names on a pointless list though.

Apparently, if you get 1,000000000000000000000000000 signatures, the MP's HAVE to mention it.

They'll then reverse all of their proposals

Red Rallye - Rolling "restoration"

Wishbone Polybushes available
Posted 10th Jan 2012 at 19:54
grumpychef

The Rib Man

Post #9
i was under the impression that these new rules were something to do with europe but not sure; as soon as i find a decent link to a decent petition i will post it up i am currently asking some of my old biker pals.

Formally team BLAZE now Team bianca recuperating from multiple organ failure nicely!
items replaced so far, clutch, cambelt etc, radiator, exhaust, most of front running gear, wish bones, drop links, ball joints, track rod ends, bearings, brakes, calipers, discs, and pads, brake lines, front springs, brake balance compensator thingy, hand brake cable, throttle cable (twice), coil pack, door handle, windscreen, wipers, head lamps several sensors and bulbs Dry .rear beam new throttle cable, new battery. .......... yeah man, team money pit! but shes still rollin!

Posted 10th Jan 2012 at 19:58
judge dead

Regular

Post #10
its 100,000 sigs and it gets mentiond
Posted 10th Jan 2012 at 20:01
grumpychef

The Rib Man

Post #11
interesting read about this topic

it would appear that there are several petitions instead of just one effective one so pretty pointless unless you can get everyone to sign just one of them also it would appear the proposal has been dropped for now! (could be wrong)

Edit: isn't this off topic?

Formally team BLAZE now Team bianca recuperating from multiple organ failure nicely!
items replaced so far, clutch, cambelt etc, radiator, exhaust, most of front running gear, wish bones, drop links, ball joints, track rod ends, bearings, brakes, calipers, discs, and pads, brake lines, front springs, brake balance compensator thingy, hand brake cable, throttle cable (twice), coil pack, door handle, windscreen, wipers, head lamps several sensors and bulbs Dry .rear beam new throttle cable, new battery. .......... yeah man, team money pit! but shes still rollin!

Posted 10th Jan 2012 at 20:22
MarcMorley

Post #12
alright, it is eurpean bull, it all comes in to effect in 2013 in france, thing`s like bike`s over so many year`s old not being
aloud in town centre`s, being made to wear hi-viz clothing and other bull.
they tried to sneak it thru but fellow biker m.p`s let the cat out.
there has been slow ride outs up and down the country in protest

MORLEY
Posted 11th Jan 2012 at 07:33