displaying posts 1 to 1 of 1

Author Subject: SOLD: 1999(T) Peugeot 306 GTi6 Silver
khj100

Senior User

Post #1
Due to an unforeseen change in circumstances, it's with regret the time has come to sell my GTi-6.

Details

Model: GTi6 phase 2/3 hybrid
Age/Reg: 1999 T-reg
Colour: Platinum Silver
Mileage: 135000
Service history: FPSH until 80k, I have serviced myself since - massive folder of receipts to prove
Cambelt: Last changed at 110,000 with OE waterpump and tensioners
MOT until: 20/4/2012
Tax until: 30/4/2012
Number of previous owners: 1 (I have owned since 46,000 miles)
Air con working? Sadly, no
Tyres fitted: Front Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3 (4mm), Rear Toyo Proxes T1-R nearly new (6mm)
Modifications: Scorpion stainless cat-back exhaust, K&N filter.

Other information

I bought the car in 2003 shortly after joining the club. For many years it was my pride and joy and had no expense spared on caring for it. It's not had a great deal of use in the last few years and has been a weekend toy only, and now I can no longer justify keeping it.

Standard specification with CD changer, full leather/alcantara (good condition considering mileage). The only modifications are the exhaust and K&N although the car can be supplied with all standard components.

There's not a great deal to say about it. Given the age and mileage, the body is in good condition as shown by the pictures. The only weak point is the stone chips on the leading edge of the bonnet and front bumper, but nothing unsurprising.

There's little to say about the mechanicals too. Front and rear dampers changed for lower mileage second hand items about a year ago for the last MoT, wishbone P-bushes replaced with brand new items, brakes (discs and pads) all around replaced at the same time and covered less than 500 miles since. Finally, rear beam and mounts changed mid-last year. Basic servicing completed ready for sale (gearbox and engine oil replaced, fuel filter changed, K&N cleaned). Battery also recently replaced as the limited usage kept making the old one go flat. I've also replaced the auxbelt tensioner with a new item to fix a dry bearing noise.

A quick scan through other less recent servicing included: replacement clutch (110,000 miles along with last cambelt), new steering ram (85,000 miles), new front drop links (100,000 miles), heater matrix replaced (80,000 miles), aircon condenser replaced (c. 90,000 miles but never regassed).

Car has typical electrical issues; airbag light flashing due to dodgy under seat connectors. Alarm siren doesn't sound as batteries have gone flat, so the sounder has been removed. Both easily fixed with more time.

I'm looking for £1100 for a quick sale.

Car is located in York. If you're interested in viewing please contact me on 07971 157667 (don't use PM's).

Trackday, trackday, trackday Hyper
Posted 8th Jan 2012 at 12:40