displaying posts 26 to 33 of 33

Pages (2): 1 [2]

Author Subject: What's the Raspiest system available for the 6??
cjm_harris

Seasoned Pro

Post #26
hsustyle wrote:
cjm_harris wrote:

Yessss! That's what I'm after. Although linglife quoted me 550 for a full system:0

Ouch Shock

I bought mine second hand then the centre box died so replaced it with straight pipe.

The videos are not mine, they are Seb's (manthos) but that is my old exhaust Thumbs up

Chris
1999 China Gti6 Supercharged Devil [Fun car] >>Project Thread<<
2000 Bianca 306 Diesel [Work runabout]
Posted 13th Jan 2012 at 14:40
jimmyhackers

Seasoned Pro

Post #27
i got myself a straight through ss decat from tip top exhausts in brum. it was very loud and raspy.

i had an argument/discussion of sorts with the main man. he did not debur, remove swarf from the inside of the pipe. my point was this caused uneven/turbulent air flow which makes the raspyness raspier and reduces flow. he said the difference is negligible/not worth the effort.

i told him as a refridgeration ac engineer, i to know about flow of gasses through pipes and not deburring the inside diameter of a pipe does effect the flow rate of the pipe. he knocked some money off the total as he sensed my......annoyance.

ss is raspier becuase the metal is harder. but if you want megga rasp noises make sure the cut pipes are not deburred

the world is changed by people in sheds
Posted 13th Jan 2012 at 14:51
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #28
hsustyle wrote:
The hunt is underway. The Magnex looks great and is well built, just doesn't scream and spit flames!

I got a magnex decat and backbox, proflow centre box and it will pop and bang happily when its warm, and does like to spit flames too. Can light up the road behind me at night if i'm in the mood. Laugh

Goldie the track car.
Posted 13th Jan 2012 at 16:36
hsustyle

Seasoned Pro

Post #29
prism7guy wrote:
hsustyle wrote:
The hunt is underway. The Magnex looks great and is well built, just doesn't scream and spit flames!

I got a magnex decat and backbox, proflow centre box and it will pop and bang happily when its warm, and does like to spit flames too. Can light up the road behind me at night if i'm in the mood. Laugh

Is the proflow a custom jobbie?
Do any of the manufacturers offer a cat back pipe to backbox at 2 1/2, 2/14 in stainless steel or even mild steel? All the systems seem to be custom!Sad

Beef Beyond Belief
Posted 13th Jan 2012 at 16:49
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #30
Yeah its a custom jobbie. I bought the magnex system off someone on here expecting it to include a magnex middle box but it was just some horrendous scaffold like tube so i took it all to a local exhaust place and told them i wanted to use the decat and backbox, but wanted the car to be quiet so wanted a middle box in it too.

A few hours later i got back to find they had just made up a straight through pipe from decat to back box so told him to stick a box in it, reluctantly they did and used a proflow one, seems quite small and the exhaust is fairly loud.
At trackdays i get a reading of 97dB at 5k rpm static, though i havent been pulled off track yet due to noise so can't complain, i think it sounds really nice when you are giving it stick, its too loud for me to live with as a daily driver so it now lives on my track car. Smile

Goldie the track car.
Posted 13th Jan 2012 at 17:37
darkgti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #31
I had a magnex 4 inch system once. The build quality was rubbish and i had to drive around with ear defenders onThumbs down

Team Peugeot Sport 308 Gti

Black T'99 Gti - may she rest in peace - written off in a shunt on the A329m
Posted 13th Jan 2012 at 23:09
fatlapit

Seasoned Pro

Post #32
Make it yourself

Posted 13th Jan 2012 at 23:49
grumpychef

The Rib Man

Post #33
I have a longlife cat back and i like it! it's getting on for 6 yera sold this year and it is a lot better than when first fitted at first i wasn't sure as it was too loud (midtone sports) but over the years it has mellowed and i like it!

Formally team BLAZE now Team bianca recuperating from multiple organ failure nicely!
items replaced so far, clutch, cambelt etc, radiator, exhaust, most of front running gear, wish bones, drop links, ball joints, track rod ends, bearings, brakes, calipers, discs, and pads, brake lines, front springs, brake balance compensator thingy, hand brake cable, throttle cable (twice), coil pack, door handle, windscreen, wipers, head lamps several sensors and bulbs Dry .rear beam new throttle cable, new battery. .......... yeah man, team money pit! but shes still rollin!

Posted 21st Jan 2012 at 13:10

Pages (2): 1 [2]