displaying posts 51 to 75 of 105

Pages (5): first .. 2 [3] 4 .. last

Author Subject: Average gti6 supercharged owners age
funkymonk

Regular

Post #51
Price list presently priced at c.£4.3k fitted. How would you go about a proven reliable 250bhp? Forged internals are what minimum of 1k if you fit yourself, decent standalone management will cost again at least another 1k to buy and map I fail to see what your issue is?

There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't...
Posted 8th Jan 2012 at 23:42
rich_w

Seasoned Pro

Post #52
fatlapit wrote:
I cant see how you can price the lowboost at 4.5 k. wat do you actually get? A stand alone ecu? Forged internals? you cant alter the boost. you cant really do much with it.

I'll add it up for you, seeing as you seem to be struggling...

Rotrex S/C - £1600
S/C fitting kit - £1100
FMIC - £170
Pipework - £160
SPAL slimline fans x 2 - £160
Bosch 440cc injectors - £170
ECU software - £250
Fitting, if required - £700

That comes to about £4,300 fitted.

Yes, you can adjust the boost if you want. The reason we don't promote adjusting it is to preserve reliability, which is more important to most people.

As for not doing much with it, that's just a stupid comment. The low-boost conversion is upgradeable to run 400+ BHP, or anything inbetween - so there's plenty of potential to "do something with it".

Roll eyes

Contact Details:

rich@lynxpowerengineering.co.uk
07732 822546

Posted 8th Jan 2012 at 23:54
rich_w

Seasoned Pro

Post #53
As for Pugheaven's original question, I started developing the conversion when I must have been about 21, I went straight to high-boost, and probably got it first working properly when I was 22 or 23. Since then, it's just been refined and subject to ongoing developement, and of course development into a low-boost conversion.

I'm now 27, running the bigger C38 charger in high-boost form Cool

Contact Details:

07732 822546

Posted 8th Jan 2012 at 23:58
fatlapit

Seasoned Pro

Post #54
No issue was just exploring the sc route you spend your 4.3k for a fit and forget system great. but what happens when you get bored of it? You cant do anything with it your stuck with it

Posted 9th Jan 2012 at 00:00
adam b

Seasoned Pro

Post #55
fatlapit wrote:
No issue was just exploring the sc route you spend your 4.3k for a fit and forget system great. but what happens when you get bored of it? You cant do anything with it your stuck with it

Urm you upgrade stuff and more power comes out.

Nothing to see here
Posted 9th Jan 2012 at 00:04
funkymonk

Regular

Post #56
Did you read Richs comment? Different sized restrictor can be used to alter boost or removed entirely for circa 400bhp with supporting mods.... Yes you would need to upgrade some other bits but if you go straight to high boost Rich can supply a generic map for standard ECU saving you a bucket load and if you had a turbo running at the same power you would still have to change the same bits to get to higher power i.e. forged internals, larger injectors, standard ecu reflash (£400ish) or standalone management, plus likely a larger turbo if it was well specced at 250bhp.

There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't...
Posted 9th Jan 2012 at 00:05
fatlapit

Seasoned Pro

Post #57
What do you have to change to make 400hp from 240? And how much does it cost?

Posted 9th Jan 2012 at 00:06
funkymonk

Regular

Post #58
Clicky

Posted 9th Jan 2012 at 00:07
allesclar

Seasoned Pro

Post #59
another few £k lol

Team allesclar ®

Posted 9th Jan 2012 at 00:09
funkymonk

Regular

Post #60
Forged internals, larger injectors and ECU chip is the minimum.

Edit: Fuel pump would be a good idea too!

Posted 9th Jan 2012 at 00:10
fatlapit

Seasoned Pro

Post #61
So how much is a 400hp gonna set me back?

Posted 9th Jan 2012 at 00:12
funkymonk

Regular

Post #62
Jesus H Christ! I looked it up for you three posts up Roll eyes

Posted 9th Jan 2012 at 00:13
fatlapit

Seasoned Pro

Post #63
Sorry but my internet is shite, cheers for the info lads am not having a dig. i just wanted to know wat ya get for ya ££££,,

Posted 9th Jan 2012 at 00:16
funkymonk

Regular

Post #64
You're already halfway through a turbo conversion aren't you? What are the details on that? Sorry, the information is all out there and it can be done for cheaper if you are clever with sourcing parts and can build the engine yourself. There is a lot of supercharger bashing about often by people who don't know what they are on about and I do get a little out of my tree Laugh, parts for my low boost not including other bits I did when things were apart was £3100 and tbh I am perfectly happy with spending that on my car for the performance.

Posted 9th Jan 2012 at 00:23
fatlapit

Seasoned Pro

Post #65
Its ok mate just finishing off the manifold and down pipe, my build is coming in at around 3800 maybe a lil bit more because i dont know how long it will take to get mapped. but there just seems to be a very pro sc gti6 and when someone evers says TURBO every one is like ohhhh mega expensive that, or the characteristics of the car will be lost. but i spent 400 and i have, an engine, stripped and brushed finished inlet mani, exhaust mani that needs finishing touches, a 3" to 2.5" down pipe designed to retain the stock peugeot system, ally bottom mount, custom ally air box. so includibg buying the car i have spent a k.

Posted 9th Jan 2012 at 00:35
mabgti

NV motors

Post #66
i still remember the countless hours of debate with rich "turbo vs supercharger" over msn and second year at uni...

the idea of a a Hdi manifold to mate up to a t28 iirc.. but the diy benefits of a supercharger conversion was popular especially with the 106 owners who were already fitting similar kits provided by GMC.

Team Supercharged Gti-6

NV Motorsport
Automotive Performance Tuning
0121 448 7515
ECU Remapping/ DPF removal
VAG/BMW Diag and Option Coding
Peugeot Planet ECU coding/transponder programming etc
www.nvmotorsport.com
Facebook Page
Project S6
Posted 9th Jan 2012 at 13:37
rich_w

Seasoned Pro

Post #67
fatlapit wrote:
Its ok mate just finishing off the manifold and down pipe, my build is coming in at around 3800 maybe a lil bit more because i dont know how long it will take to get mapped. but there just seems to be a very pro sc gti6 and when someone evers says TURBO every one is like ohhhh mega expensive that, or the characteristics of the car will be lost. but i spent 400 and i have, an engine, stripped and brushed finished inlet mani, exhaust mani that needs finishing touches, a 3" to 2.5" down pipe designed to retain the stock peugeot system, ally bottom mount, custom ally air box. so includibg buying the car i have spent a k.

I’m not anti-turbo at all, the main reason I went down the S/C route was not down to cost, but down to preserving the power delivery and driveability.

That’s the main reason people buy these cars, and the main reason they make excellent track cars.

The power delivery of a turbo wouldn’t maintain this – that’s why it’s not such a popular conversion.

I believe the cost of the turbo and S/C conversions to be similar – I’m aware you’re doing everything yourself, but if you bought a new turbo & manifold package from DP Engineering (which is a commercially available product of similar quality to what I offer), I believe the out-turn cost of the conversion would be similar.

Smile

Contact Details:

07732 822546

Posted 9th Jan 2012 at 13:59
gman

Seasoned Pro

Post #68
cjm_harris wrote:
You lot earn too much money Yes

quote]

Or simply still live with their parentsThumbs up

1992 Onyx Black 205 GTI-6
2005 Honda S2000 (Sold)
2002 Audi S3 (Sold)
2005 Clio 182 Trophy (sold)
Posted 9th Jan 2012 at 14:06
adam b

Seasoned Pro

Post #69
The main difference really is in the way the torque is delivered and the difference that makes in trying to put it through the front wheels. It entirely depends on how the turbo you choose behaves and how the boost is mapped/controlled. Tyres, diff and suspension obviously come into it too.

The gearboxes are the main controlling factor in terms of torque delivery on a high power turbo gti6 iirc

Nothing to see here
Posted 9th Jan 2012 at 14:13
fatlapit

Seasoned Pro

Post #70
quote:
I’m not anti-turbo at all, the main reason I went down the S/C route was not down to cost, but down to preserving the power delivery and driveability.

That’s the main reason people buy these cars, and the main reason they make excellent track cars.

The power delivery of a turbo wouldn’t maintain this – that’s why it’s not such a popular conversion.

I believe the cost of the turbo and S/C conversions to be similar – I’m aware you’re doing everything yourself, but if you bought a new turbo & manifold package from DP Engineering (which is a commercially available product of similar quality to what I offer), I believe the out-turn cost of the conversion would be similar.

Smile

It wasn`t meant to be personal mate sorry, DP is very pricey and again i dont know why it costs so much, as i`m using 304 grade stainless and it comes to about £220 for materials, but never mind. I`m just trying to make turboing a six be it ina a 205,309 or a 306 using the gti6 lump to be affordable. As said before the turbo can be as aggresive or as driveable as you want it to be during the mapping and turbo selection process, i think i`m at wher you were at when you were 21 playing about with th "high" boost sc gti6, also i will need to order some internal bits off you too Smile

Posted 9th Jan 2012 at 14:45
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #71
how many hours did it take you to make the jig and tig the manifold up?....

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 9th Jan 2012 at 14:59
fatlapit

Seasoned Pro

Post #72
No jig built on car about 6 hours just for manifold, used pics from dp

Posted 9th Jan 2012 at 18:30
binkagti

Seasoned Pro

Post #73
Speaking from some experience with having a working turbo conversion on my old car if i could turn back time i would have super charged it, without hesitation. Don't get me wrong my turbo was quite a bit quicker than low boost but at what price, it cost me the same to do as going high boost.

The way the turbo delivered the power being fully stripped out made it a handfull to say the least, take it on a b road and was sometimes down right dangerous, i loved it but you had to respect it.

Going in lee's low boost car and stans high high boost car def confirms i made the wrong decision, stan's car is savage but in a useful way lol.

TEAM Supercharged Rallye

Posted 9th Jan 2012 at 18:38
fatlapit

Seasoned Pro

Post #74
I bolted the turbo to the head in the orientation i wanted it

Posted 9th Jan 2012 at 18:58
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #75
I built all three of my conversions too, the one I am running currently I got Rich to install and wire all the ECU up....and Wayne has done all the mapping for me over the years. It's not that hard to do, just fiddly and you need patience.

spiky wrote:
stan, what boost you run at high and super?

High Boost was running at 1.3bar, Super runs at 1.9bar. Wink

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 15th Jan 2012 at 10:49

Pages (5): first .. 2 [3] 4 .. last