displaying posts 51 to 75 of 83

Pages (4): first .. 2 [3] 4

Author Subject: Admit it membership fees have ruined this forum
bennn

Seasoned Pro

Post #51
Cliosport has got more retards than this place.

Less c*nts though.

Cherry Red 306 HDI
Championship White Integra DC5 Type R
Posted 6th Jan 2012 at 17:01
jimmyrallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #52
+1 for the forum gone to pot !!! Used to get so many gti/rallyes comeing through the sale section now it nothing Sad

"Police arrested two kids yesterday, one was drinking battery acid, the other was eating fireworks. They charged one and let the other one off."
Posted 6th Jan 2012 at 17:03
danposs86

Regular

Post #53
I don't come on this site much, but when I do I always manage to get help or find a topic that helps me out, theres always good advice on here, for me, that was a good enough reason to pay a membership and even add stickers to my car advertising the club. Plus I like the way chavy style is stamped out on here haha.

danposs86's GTi-6
Posted 6th Jan 2012 at 17:10
gilesy

Seasoned Pro

Post #54
danposs86 wrote:
I don't come on this site much, but when I do I always manage to get help or find a topic that helps me out, theres always good advice on here, for me, that was a good enough reason to pay a membership and even add stickers to my car advertising the club. Plus I like the way chavy style is stamped out on here haha.

But would you renew though?

And people just ask their questions in general or off topic now anyway. So the people who DID pay get seen off.

TBH I wouldn't be bothered if this site disappeared tomorrow - the banter used to be awesome but now its virtually gone.

c*nts
Posted 6th Jan 2012 at 17:16
eliotrw

Seasoned Pro

Post #55
The only thing I will say is the current car sales system doesn't work and the old one does. All we need is a subforum in sales for cars and one for parts. Breaking cars should go in the parts one.
Jim01 maybe I was a bit harsh but I think this site is vastly useful and the knowledge it contains is second to none. So that's why I paid.

Ex- Phase 3 China GTi-6 T-Reg
Posted 6th Jan 2012 at 17:22
JoeyD

Regular

Post #56
roland rat wrote:
TBH its just turned into a bit of a farce.the fees havent killed the site but they havent helped it either.

At least with my £10 a year over on cliosport.net i get a nice free gift every year LOL

It's £12 now ffs!
Posted 6th Jan 2012 at 17:32
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #57
bennn wrote:
Less c*nts though.

Fewer c*nts Whistle

Must admit I used to live on here all the time because I liked it, now I'm on here sometimes because I have nothing to do at work. It's just a bit shit paying money only to feel like you're being completely ignored by the people you've given your money too, feel a bit robbed to be honest.

If Ash and people didn't want to run the site, don't bother moving hosts and "re-writing" (seriously?) the site, just give it to someone else and make it their problem. Someone who still has some passion for it and cares about it. I used to genuinely feel the need to (sometimes metaphorically) punch illiterate noobs in the face, now I couldn't care less that it's getting more like pug306.net by the day.

Just a shame more than anything, this place had a genuinely good reputation, and that's not easy when you consider it's a forum for shitty old French tin.

Membership expiring soon, get in contact on our new little forum project.
Posted 6th Jan 2012 at 17:40
SteviePut

Seasoned Pro

Post #58
gilesy wrote:
danposs86 wrote:

TBH I wouldn't be bothered if this site disappeared tomorrow - the banter used to be awesome but now its virtually gone.

+1

I see nothing on here that I'd want to pay for. I don't own a 6 anymore and (I've said it before) I refuse to pay to help someone else out whihc is effectly what I'd be doingSmile

My old man wrote me a letter from prison once. It said if you don't want to end up in here, stay away from crime, women and drugs. Trouble is, that don't leave you much else to do, does it?
Posted 6th Jan 2012 at 17:55
rikky 🦔

Post #59
owain wrote:
bennn wrote:
Less c*nts though.

Fewer c*nts Whistle

Must admit I used to live on here all the time because I liked it, now I'm on here sometimes because I have nothing to do at work. It's just a bit shit paying money only to feel like you're being completely ignored by the people you've given your money too, feel a bit robbed to be honest.

If Ash and people didn't want to run the site, don't bother moving hosts and "re-writing" (seriously?) the site, just give it to someone else and make it their problem. Someone who still has some passion for it and cares about it. I used to genuinely feel the need to (sometimes metaphorically) punch illiterate noobs in the face, now I couldn't care less that it's getting more like pug306.net by the day.

Just a shame more than anything, this place had a genuinely good reputation, and that's not easy when you consider it's a forum for shitty old French tin.

+burgers

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 6th Jan 2012 at 17:57
dasarich

Post #60
Whoooaa people , steady on a minute ! This site is awesome when it comes to the technical side , more information available on the '6 than on any other peugeot site, a vast wealth of knowledge from the owners who are always willing to provide the correct and necessary information, throw in Owains and Jsoulmans comments ( comedy genius ) and its a winner, £5 for membership is f*ck all especially when running a car of this nature as they cost a fortune to run / maintain. Its the people on here paid or not that make the forums , so come on lets make it great again !
Posted 6th Jan 2012 at 18:00
jim01uk

Seasoned Pro

Post #61
eliotrw wrote:

Jim01 maybe I was a bit harsh but I think this site is vastly useful and the knowledge it contains is second to none. So that's why I paid.

No worries - I don't pay as I don't see the point in paying to help others, when all the technical questions get asked in General and I can answer them there anyway Thumbs up
Posted 6th Jan 2012 at 18:01
allesclar

Seasoned Pro

Post #62
meh

Team allesclar ®

Posted 6th Jan 2012 at 18:12
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #63
dasarich wrote:
Whoooaa people , steady on a minute ! This site is awesome when it comes to the technical side , more information available on the '6 than on any other peugeot site ... so come on lets make it great again !

All agreed, but it's out of the hands of us plebs. We can't delete troll/spam posts, we can't move posts to the correct section, none of the mods ever seem to be about (not properly at least) and yet we're then told (having paid) that we should refrain from answering peoples questions in the non-technical sections? Pfft.

The only way to make this site good again would involve a few things:

1 - Technical development effort from someone, I assume it's Ash who does it currently. Things need fixing - at the moment non-paid members can create a post in general which gets moved to technical forum, where it gets answered by someone who's paid. Ridiculous. People who haven't paid who post in General need to have it deleted and get an automated message saying why they can't post technical questions. As long as people take the stance of "I just want to help people" (which I completely agree with), moving the posts around just doesn't help.

Why should I pay my money to be ignored by mods and to not be allowed to answer someone's question until they've paid money to the people I'm being ignored by? It's ridiculous.

2 - Related to above, there needs to be some kind of system of stopping spammers signing up. Some kind of captcha image to stop automated signups, or just clicking a link in a signup email.

3 - Site security should probably be addressed, I seem to remember that certainly recently passwords were still being stored in plain text and there were files lying around you could use to sign into other peoples accounts if you knew the url. That's bo***cks.

4 - It needs more mods. I know this has been discussed, but as ever an admin comes along, puts up a post saying "woah people, this is all in hand, what you worrying about?!" before disappearing off for another month to ignore people. All you need are caretakers, people who have the power to move posts, delete posts, and block spammers.

5 - People need to be made to feel like members, not customers. No-one (myself included) is going to put time into keeping it going in the right direction when no-one in charge gives a shit.

6 - New members need not to be able to post for-sale threads.

7 - The for-sale section needs work

Only once those things have been addressed could you possibly get back to a situation where people actually enjoy being on here, and get the projects and updates flowing. Until then all you'll get are long-standing members not bothering to come back, and no-one renewing in a few months' time.

That's my opinion anyway. If you disagree that's fine, but you're wrong.

Posted 6th Jan 2012 at 18:15
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #64
owain wrote:

1 - Technical development effort from someone, I assume it's Ash who does it currently. Things need fixing - at the moment non-paid members can create a post in general which gets moved to technical forum, where it gets answered by someone who's paid. Ridiculous. People who haven't paid who post in General need to have it deleted and get an automated message saying why they can't post technical questions. As long as people take the stance of "I just want to help people" (which I completely agree with), moving the posts around just doesn't help.

My personal stance on this would be to stop any member posting in any section without paying. So, in effect you have to pay at the point in which you sign up. This would erradicate the problem of people posting in the General section all the time. Smile

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 6th Jan 2012 at 21:53
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #65
Yup, that's what I originally suggested. Keep the forum read-only, which means people can still search through the wealth of into that's already here, but would need to pay to either ask something new or partake in the community.

However that was deemed to make too much sense, so a concept whereby new people don't even understand where and why they can't post was chosen.

Posted 6th Jan 2012 at 21:59
grumpychef

The Rib Man

Post #66
I don't really understand why folk are moaning about membership fees? a fiver for basic membership is jack shit; nowadays you can't even buy two pints of lager and a packet of crisps for a fiver. if you like the forum and enjoy the banter then it is worth it just for the banter. i do find it irksome that people who are seeking advice post in general rather than pay a fiver to post in the right section though but all this: "this forum has gone to pot" moaning is getting on my tits. the internet is a big thing go explore!
people wanting refunds wtf! get a grip folks i accept that the forum has it's good and bad points but jeez £5.00 is not a kings ransom! Dunno
We do need to sort out the moderation thing and if i was online a little more i would volunteer but i fear i am not on enough and wouldn't know what to do anyway but can we all just accept that this place is not going to pot and is a great place to enjoy a good bit of banter and noob bashing?

I would like to see a winging corner and a fight club for general ranting and arguing which is quite therapeutic and cathartic at times! mods could then move argumentative threads and moaning threads there and we could all slug it out untill it gets locked LOL

Formally team BLAZE now Team bianca recuperating from multiple organ failure nicely!
items replaced so far, clutch, cambelt etc, radiator, exhaust, most of front running gear, wish bones, drop links, ball joints, track rod ends, bearings, brakes, calipers, discs, and pads, brake lines, front springs, brake balance compensator thingy, hand brake cable, throttle cable (twice), coil pack, door handle, windscreen, wipers, head lamps several sensors and bulbs Dry .rear beam new throttle cable, new battery. .......... yeah man, team money pit! but shes still rollin!

Posted 7th Jan 2012 at 11:15

Regular

Post #67
Fees + all the unhappy people who no longer own 6's Whistle have brought this place down, most users are unaware there banter may actually depreciate the value of the 6, as many read through these pages before a purchase as I did 6 years ago, imagine you were thinking about buying a 6 for the first time but first decided to do some research on a club forum this one in specific.

It is a disgrace. If only I was mod for a day I would remove/ban anything not relating to the 6 unless off topic I especially hate all the gay 18pooh pics. And what does 182 mean because its certainly not bhp LOL dont believe the hype.

Sure there may be less members but sometimes less is more. Most information needed is on here and we should be filling the gaps with gold.

I love my 6 and yes to me its one of the best cars ever made as I cant imagine owning anything else after my 205 days.

I have great natural driving ability and the 6 lets me use some of that ability while keeping me smiling I will eventually take a leap up and buy a Porsche but that wont be for another 5 year so in the meantime let me enjoy my car and stop telling us that your diesel etc has 300lb of torque shite. Means noting in the real world a I regularly punish vrs's tdi's etc I only just stomped out a tt tdi yesterday his gf didn't look to impressed haha

Rant over.

Aka Manstoner

Aka Clio dumper

Aka PrinceofPeugeot

Aka Decat raspberrys
Posted 7th Jan 2012 at 13:14
dendle89

Senior User

Post #68
ive just become a member and for only £5 you get the full works, i really cant see the problem (apart from the classifieds ads being poo) by paying the money you keep most scammers away....which is priceless dont you agree

Team 6 Cylinders

Posted 7th Jan 2012 at 13:19
velar

Regular

Post #69
owain wrote:
dasarich wrote:
Whoooaa people , steady on a minute ! This site is awesome when it comes to the technical side , more information available on the '6 than on any other peugeot site ... so come on lets make it great again !

All agreed, but it's out of the hands of us plebs. We can't delete troll/spam posts, we can't move posts to the correct section, none of the mods ever seem to be about (not properly at least) and yet we're then told (having paid) that we should refrain from answering peoples questions in the non-technical sections? Pfft.

Why should I pay my money to be ignored by mods and to not be allowed to answer someone's question until they've paid money to the people I'm being ignored by? It's ridiculous.

2 - Related to above, there needs to be some kind of system of stopping spammers signing up. Some kind of captcha image to stop automated signups, or just clicking a link in a signup email.

3 - Site security should probably be addressed, I seem to remember that certainly recently passwords were still being stored in plain text and there were files lying around you could use to sign into other peoples accounts if you knew the url. That's bo***cks.

4 - It needs more mods. I know this has been discussed, but as ever an admin comes along, puts up a post saying "woah people, this is all in hand, what you worrying about?!" before disappearing off for another month to ignore people. All you need are caretakers, people who have the power to move posts, delete posts, and block spammers.

5 - People need to be made to feel like members, not customers. No-one (myself included) is going to put time into keeping it going in the right direction when no-one in charge gives a shit.

Only once those things have been addressed could you possibly get back to a situation where people actually enjoy being on here, and get the projects and updates flowing. Until then all you'll get are long-standing members not bothering to come back, and no-one renewing in a few months' time.

f*ck me, admins ( and owners) should read this and give some constructive replies. It is not a p*ssed off rant, it is a well thought out solution to a real f*cking issue. .....................holds breath...................

L reg "black and blue" phase 1 track 6
Posted 7th Jan 2012 at 13:32
dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #70
123456 wrote:

I especially hate all the gay 18pooh pics. And what does 182 mean because its certainly not bhp LOL dont believe the hype.

PS.

Have you ever driven one?

• Senior Test Automation Engineer for the 306GTi6 Owners Club Forum Wizard

• Posted 7th Jan 2012 at 14:26
    prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #71
    velar wrote:
    owain wrote:
    dasarich wrote:

f*ck me, admins ( and owners) should read this and give some constructive replies. It is not a p*ssed off rant, it is a well thought out solution to a real f*cking issue. .....................holds breath...................

+1
    Owani for prime minister. Thumbs up LOL

Goldie the track car.
    Posted 7th Jan 2012 at 14:33

Regular

Post #72
    dangti6 wrote:
    123456 wrote:

I especially hate all the gay 18pooh pics. And what does 182 mean because its certainly not bhp LOL dont believe the hype.

PS.

Have you ever driven one?

No but after owning a 172 that had a 182 manifold on it why would I bother the steering wheel was in bits with only 50000 on clocks the engine was good but I mostly rag my cars the clio could not handle my driving yes it was good car but I feel more confident in the 6.

How many crashed Clios do you see on ebay the answer is loads, not seen one written off 6 on ebay ever Big grin

Aka Manstoner

Aka Clio dumper

Aka PrinceofPeugeot

Aka Decat raspberrys
    Posted 7th Jan 2012 at 14:41
    roland rat

Yeeeah Rat fans!

Post #73
    So does that mean most of the current mods sould be banned as most dont own a 306 anymore? Roll eyes

Its easier just to go along with how shit the site is instead of moaning i guess as it just falls on deaf ears anyway Wink
    Posted 7th Jan 2012 at 17:04
    rikky 🦔

Post #74
    deaf eyes Unsure

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
    306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
    gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
    winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
    Posted 7th Jan 2012 at 17:06
    owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #75
    I think Ratty Ash and Rikky should take control of the site, because I often confuse them and think of them as the same person. I don't know why, I've just always done that.

I think being two people at the same time is good enough reason to be given complete ownership.

Learn PHP and MySQL, get coding.

Posted 7th Jan 2012 at 17:08

Pages (4): first .. 2 [3] 4