displaying posts 1 to 3 of 3

Author Subject: clock temp as oil temp?
jimmyhackers

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
a peculiar one here again from me.

my new 2000 engine from colin at pug performance still has its oil temp sensor in it, seeing as my car is a phase one theres no loom or wiring for it as i have a oil pressure guage.

my question is can i wire it up to my clock temp dial?

i dont really like aftermarket dial installs. and thought this could be a cheeky way round it. i could install a multiple poled switch to change between the two readings.

anyone done this before?

the world is changed by people in sheds
Posted 18th Dec 2011 at 13:21
bigbadbowen

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Nope doubt that will work the clock temp works from a sensor in the wing mirror
Posted 18th Dec 2011 at 13:31
jimmyhackers

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
ah that would explain why replacing my original wings with dtm ones meant it stopped working Big grin

thanks for the info

is the sensor integral to the mirrors or can it be easily removed/replaced in new wings?

im still gonna have a little tinker, see what i can do. any ideas which wires in the back of the clock feed the sensor part of the dial? if no one knows. not to worry ill go down the trial and error route.

hopefully its a case of connecting up two wires and a multiple pole switch and miraculously itll give me a correct reading. failing that ill give up

cheers for the info again

the world is changed by people in sheds
Posted 18th Dec 2011 at 14:35