displaying posts 1 to 6 of 6

Author Subject: thermostat/housing sensors?
jimmyhackers

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
as some will already know on here my old phase one engine when pop. and now i have a new 2000 engien in there. i have a few questions

1 my old phase one engine sat at 90 degrees perfectly, was this correct or was the wrong thermostat fitted? could this be a reason it killed itself.
2. do i need to worry that my new engine sits as its should at aroiund 80 - 83 when moving.
basically if my old engine was meant to sit at 90. will the old ecu still work properly when it notices it doesnt really get past 83?

3. my old thermostat housing only had the blu and the green temp sensors in it, this 2000 has a brown one aswell. my phase one wiring loom has a brown plug which had nowhere to plug in the old engine. colin at pug performance left it unplugged aswell. ive plugged it in (to stop it flapping about) and no ill effects were had. what is it for? (a/c models?)

thanks for any info in advance

the world is changed by people in sheds
Posted 17th Dec 2011 at 13:22
aaron6

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
The brown sensor has something to do with controlling the dual fans on a ac model. You will will have a rallye set up with a bung in the sensors hole i would imagine. Thats why there is nowhere to plug the brown plug in. Smile

See the sheer power and might of the lesser known burrowing owl.

Posted 18th Dec 2011 at 18:03
judge dead

Regular

Post #3
^ true and the extra plug you have is for models in other countrys or something i seen it on forums before someone asked i cut mine off to steal the wire and the spade connectors in it for another job Smile
Posted 18th Dec 2011 at 18:28
funkymonk

Regular

Post #4
Search is your friend clicky

There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't...
Posted 18th Dec 2011 at 19:24
jimmyhackers

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
sorry

yeah i googled it afterwards and found out what is was. and that it has no relevance to my engine etc. id rather plug the cable in though as i said just to stop it flapping about. i was double checking that nothing bad would happen as a result of it.

Posted 19th Dec 2011 at 01:19
jimmyhackers

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
judge dead wrote:
^ true and the extra plug you have is for models in other countrys or something i seen it on forums before someone asked i cut mine off to steal the wire and the spade connectors in it for another job Smile

thanks for the info. im robbing a plug (off my old1.4) for another mod im trying. clock/temp dial into a clock/oil temp dial.

Posted 19th Dec 2011 at 01:24