displaying posts 1 to 14 of 14

Author Subject: phase one remap? (ebay sells new remapped eprom chip from chezch
jimmyhackers

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
bit of a wierd one here. i bought a while ago for my 1.4 306 a new ecu chip off ebay.

cost fity pounds for a new eprom chip that i swapped over from the standard one. he said the map was off a rolling roaded 106 with the same engine with a decat and induction like mine had. and would give 1-4bhp extra, increase power curves etc... i could also choose whatever rev limit i wanted (7500rpm).

for all intents and purposes it worked and still is doing so today. only problem was its made the engine warning light come on when my engine got to temp. this was it just switching to limp mode (also written with same new engine map) so basically the engine warning light became an engine is warm/fine to drive light.

this man on ebay from the chezch republic can also do the same for my phase one gti ecu. £50 for a new ecu eprom chip with a map taken from a rolling roaded gti6 with decat and induction (like mine) he says roughly about 10bhp if my engine in good nick and a much smoother power curve with better lower rev torque.

i asked him as he mentioned higher octane fuel is recomended due to advanced ignition timings. we get 95-99 over here. they get 85-90 generally over there. so it could be safer on our fuel?

for 50 quid from someone ive "dealt with once before" its seems like a nice cheap easy option as long as my engine doesnt pop.

the other option is get it rolling road remapped over here. but i cant find anyone who does phase one ecus. and if i did i can imagine it being pricey and id end up with roughly the same map as this 50 pound chip. failing that new ecu +remap will be pricey aswell

my main question is does anyone know where i can get a phase one rolling road remap in the uk?

the second one is , ive tried his chip out on my 1.4 and been happy with them. has anyone tried these chip on there gti6 an had problems?

thanks for any info guys

the world is changed by people in sheds
Posted 16th Dec 2011 at 00:49
mabgti

NV motors

Post #2
Avoid!

Team Supercharged Gti-6

NV Motorsport
Automotive Performance Tuning
0121 448 7515
ECU Remapping/ DPF removal
VAG/BMW Diag and Option Coding
Peugeot Planet ECU coding/transponder programming etc
www.nvmotorsport.com
Facebook Page
Project S6
Posted 16th Dec 2011 at 01:50
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #3
snake oil.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 16th Dec 2011 at 10:09
rikky 🦔

Post #4
seriously, you ask some mad stuff

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 16th Dec 2011 at 10:19
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
For a guy who reckons he could make a flux capacitor out of nothing but wood and an old salmon, this is a completely retarded question.

I look forward to the day you admit you're just trolling and have had a jolly good time doing so, at which point I shall congratulate you on the relative success of your mission.

Membership expiring soon, get in contact on our new little forum project.
Posted 16th Dec 2011 at 10:26
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #6
Meh lockdown Ninja

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 16th Dec 2011 at 10:34
cjm_harris

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
Have a search. A remap on a standard 6 engine will gain you f*ck all Yes

Chris
1999 China Gti6 Supercharged Devil [Fun car] >>Project Thread<<
2000 Bianca 306 Diesel [Work runabout]
Posted 16th Dec 2011 at 11:09
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #8
cjm_harris wrote:
A remap on a standard 6 engine will gain you f*ck all

Not true. It'll get you plenty of abuse.

Posted 16th Dec 2011 at 11:10
jimmyhackers

Seasoned Pro

Post #9
cjm_harris wrote:
Have a search. A remap on a standard 6 engine will gain you f*ck all Yes

i figured that out. i also hear lots of people saying that a decat and induction will more than likely loose you power unmapped (is this correct for the gti?). id say this is pretty true untill you remap the ecu and youll gain around 10brake (5%) like this guy claims.

seeing as ive got a decat and induction, and no one appears to do phase one (off the shelf) remaps or rolling road remaps. im kinda running out of options.

the items title is "peugeot 306 2.0l 16v performance chip". the company is powerchips.cz this isnt the standard resistor in a box to fool a sesnor. this is a bonified new ecu brain. for £50. like i said ive bought from him before and been happy and confident in swapping over the ecu chip myself (takes 10mins)

this is essentially the same as the 300-500 pound off the shelf remaps everyone brags about for their diesels. granted they have a turbo to play with so they get a lot more power gains. but principle is the same

if this rolling roaded map is off a similar car with a decat and induction. the map cant be that far out from what i need and should help gain back some lost performance caused by decat + induction.

im guessing no ones bought one in the past, so i may aswell be the first.

for £50 the worst it could do is....cost me another engine Razz

Posted 16th Dec 2011 at 15:31
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #10
would imagine it takes more than 10 minutes seeing as the chip is soldered in and requires a socket fitting if you want it interchangeable, that's partly the reason a chipwizards map costs £100 more than most.

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 16th Dec 2011 at 15:35
jimmyhackers

Seasoned Pro

Post #11
welshpug! wrote:
would imagine it takes more than 10 minutes seeing as the chip is soldered in and requires a socket fitting if you want it interchangeable, that's partly the reason a chipwizards map costs £100 more than most.

ill be honest and say im not to sure about wether i have to solder the chip in place. my phase 1 1.4 306 chip was in a chip holder and took about 10 mins to swap over. i should really have a look. if so yes itll take closer to an hour or two to desolder the chip, resolder a chip holder back in and put the chip in it. im a dab hand with the soldering iron etc. ive made guitar footpedals, amps, tazers and all manor of mad things in the past.

Posted 16th Dec 2011 at 16:08
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #12
I give up. I refuse to be trolled any further.

Posted 16th Dec 2011 at 16:21
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #13
Why bother?

Give me the £50 instead and i'll tell everyone that your car is 177bhp. I'll even make you a power and torque graph in MS Paint for you to willy wave with if you want. Yes

Goldie the track car.
Posted 16th Dec 2011 at 16:21
matt evans

Seasoned Pro

Post #14
strike 3

1999 Astor Grey GTi-6 OEM+ (now gone...)
2004 Aegean Blue 206 GTi 180 (also gone...)
2006 Skoda Fabia vRS in Sprint Yellow

honestly3k wrote:
Do you wrestle for a living matt? You sound like a monster LOL

owain wrote:
Nothing involving a 306 can be considered worthwhile.

Posted 16th Dec 2011 at 16:33

This thread has been locked