displaying posts 1 to 8 of 8

Author Subject: the difference between group A and group N?
allsmiles

Regular

Post #1
hi folks, just wanted to pick your brains really, im looking at suspension set ups for my 205 and i keep seeing the words group A and group N flying about with the suspension set ups, thing is im not sure which one is the better group to go for, im looking at a track only set up

i am aware of what group A and N is in terms of rallying tho

cheers

205 gti6 now sold up, but gonna stick around and see whats what Smile
Posted 11th Dec 2011 at 13:14
rikky 🦔

Post #2
group A cars make the "aaaaaaaaa" noise when revved. and the group N ones go "nnnnnnnnn"

group A cars are modified massively basically and don't really resemble their roadgoing cars, whereas Group N cars are marginally the same but with mods like cages, engine mods. i think group A cars are seamwelded throughout whereas it's not required for the group N ones

phillipm may be able to confirm/deny

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 11th Dec 2011 at 15:40
rikky 🦔

Post #3
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Group_B#Groups_N.2C_A_and_B

as for your 205 suspension a lot of the time it is merely a play on words to get you to buy something more 'uprated' and they bung a "grp-n" or "grp-a" prefix on their so you buy it

my magnex exhaust is a "grp-a pugsport" and it's got strenghtening gussets on the backbox and a stamp, whereas i think the normal ones didn't

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 11th Dec 2011 at 15:41
rallyeash

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
alot of it is just marketing bullshit Thumbs up

230 hp 2.1 16v XU 205 rallye on jenveysHyper Project thread here
309 3dr K20 Type R
Posted 11th Dec 2011 at 15:46
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #5
rallyeash wrote:
alot of it is just marketing bullshit Thumbs up

these days definitely, though not back when the cars were new and being used properly.

Group A wasn't that wildly modified, still Single butterfly afaik, group N was basically standard with safety equipment.

for track stuff you don't want to look at rally bits, you want track bits Thumbs up

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 11th Dec 2011 at 17:33
dodsworth_gti

Junior User

Post #6
it all depends what you are going to be doing with the car really

explain a bit of what your going to be doing and you may get pointed in the right direction]

one expamle of group a and group n in suspension could also be down to the mounts

group a usually solid,ally of poly

group n usually 'stiffer and tougher than standard' bushes
Posted 11th Dec 2011 at 18:05
miles

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
The only group 'N' part now really for a 205 is the Bilstein Dampers, I always say to people the word's

'Competition', 'Race', 'Rally' can mean anything, I could go and Race a std 306 then sell parts with these words as I wouldn't be telling fib's

Plus as WP said most are restricted by rules just like BTCC stuff is so you can buy allot better with a specification of what you are buying

306 Rallye Sptint/Race Car, 205 CTI 1.9 8v to name a few

Road, Track and Race/Rally car preparation to your personal requirements,
Full Workshop & Diagnostic Facilities
New and Second parts, from Plugs to Turbo's
We now also carry out Routine Servicing
www.pugracing.com

& FB Page, https://www.facebook.com/PugRacing

Ebay; http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Pug-Racing-Shop

2012/2013/2014/2019 Class Winners at Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb & Joint overall, Class record too along the way,
Posted 11th Dec 2011 at 21:29
allsmiles

Regular

Post #8
cheers for the replies guys, im mainly looking at track suspension and i have come across these on ebay, worth a punt?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-205-CHALLENGE-SPEC-GROUP-N-FRONT-REAR-BILSTEIN-/270855475331?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f103e9083

205 gti6 now sold up, but gonna stick around and see whats what Smile
Posted 12th Dec 2011 at 03:24