displaying posts 1 to 3 of 3

Author Subject: alarm system?
jimmyhackers

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
my phase one has been retro fitted with a toad immobiliser. this is getting removed when i get my car back as its been nothing but a ballache.

however there is a little button on the steering wheel colum that has been disconected. have a feeling its for the original alarm system, am i correct and what did it do?
ive noticed a motion sensor and im not sure if thats oem or aftermarket.
can someone explain to me what the original alarm system was. what features it had. where all the parts are, and what to watch out for when removving it?

id still like to keep the keypad immobiliser, is this seperate from the rest of the alarm system?

thanks for any info in advance

the world is changed by people in sheds
Posted 10th Dec 2011 at 16:02
darkgti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
The original alarm used the button on the steering wheel column, it turns the ultra sonic sensors on and off located on both a pillars. Have these been utilized with your toad alarm or are there extra ones?

Team Peugeot Sport 308 Gti

Black T'99 Gti - may she rest in peace - written off in a shunt on the A329m
Posted 11th Dec 2011 at 11:48
jimmyhackers

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
thanks for the info

there are no extra ones and if i sit in the car and wave my hands about etc its doesnt set off an alarm.

its seems to be wired into my fuel pump relay, and thats it. doesnt seem to be intergrated with anything else.

its a bit annoying at times as it resets itself almost instataneouly. this is made more annoying by the fact i have to take my keys out the igintion to put the fob on the reciever.

ill just remove it all and see what happens. already found the alarm box in my wheel arch. just a few cables the controll box and the fob reciver to remove then hopefully connect up the spliced wire and off i go.

they have disconnected my sensor button for some reason. if by some miracle i reconnect wires and get it working again. how does the button work? im guessing just before i lock my car press it and lock the car?

the world is changed by people in sheds
Posted 13th Dec 2011 at 14:12