displaying posts 1 to 6 of 6

Author Subject: Icv- sorry
anth

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Pains me to create another thread about this horrible thing

Do people find they are worse in the colder weather? Mines a couple of months old and it's started to jam already
Truth be told its not a genuine one so may just buy a new one will clean filters first and try unplugging power steering sensor. Not interested in trying to clean it really.

I don't have a problem buying a new one my fault for skimping on a pattern part to begin with. But is there any reason it's utterly useless in the cold and happens rarely at warmer temps?

Just want to make sure nothing else could be causing it.

Cheers

Posted 3rd Dec 2011 at 12:41
webster

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
In case anyone was interested in the outcome of this, I have replaced the ICV with a genuine pug one, and the genuine one was bigger than the pattern part.

All now seems fine again.

cress87 wrote:
I'm stopped for speeding on a daily basis but now the police are aware that I live for the 306 they dare not interfere, just sit in their cars quaking as I drive past.
Posted 29th Mar 2012 at 18:40
notoriouslor

Regular

Post #3
I've just taken mine out, cleaned it and put it back in to no avail, even tried a pattern part and that made it worse, this is really doing my head in now as I've said on another thread I'm meant to be driving to Pitlochry tomorrow but doesn't look like it now, I'm really p**sed of with this car this week Angry
Posted 29th Mar 2012 at 19:03
warner

Junior User

Post #4
How much are the original Marelli ones?

'96 GTI-6 daily
'93 180SX drifter

20 Febuary 1997 - Thursday's car..has far to go? Wink
Posted 29th Mar 2012 at 21:43
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #5
warner wrote:
How much are the original Marelli ones?

About £120 these days from Pug. Shock

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 29th Mar 2012 at 22:55
webster

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
notoriouslor wrote:
I've just taken mine out, cleaned it and put it back in to no avail, even tried a pattern part and that made it worse, this is really doing my head in now as I've said on another thread I'm meant to be driving to Pitlochry tomorrow but doesn't look like it now, I'm really p**sed of with this car this week Angry

Have you check that sensor the yellow plugs go into? I think that's also related.

cress87 wrote:
I'm stopped for speeding on a daily basis but now the police are aware that I live for the 306 they dare not interfere, just sit in their cars quaking as I drive past.
Posted 1st Apr 2012 at 13:11