displaying posts 26 to 30 of 30

Pages (2): 1 [2]

Author Subject: 15" / 16" wheel debate
jimmyhackers

Seasoned Pro

Post #26
for what its worth heres my car on 205 1.9 gti wheels with 15mm hubcentric spacers. and if i do say so myself i think it looks rather fetching. (cars lowered on coilovers on front but not the rear in this pic)

cant say performance is made much better as they weigh a tone Razz and the spacers have ruined my turning circle

toyo porxes were nice n cheap and are very road stcky indeed, even in the wet

jimmyhackers has attached the following image:

the world is changed by people in sheds
Posted 6th Dec 2011 at 16:19
marco gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #27
eliotrw wrote:
Yeah I have, about 30 times, best mate has an arctic and it handles well imo and the ride isn't too harsh tbh.

Marco I think the best discs are from a 307 ,If you know where to look you can get 807 brembos pretty easy, nico has the setup in the brake setup thread.
Quote from nicopug:
The best you could choose are 807 V6 calipers with 307 hdi 136hp/307 180hp discs and subaru STI

The discs he used were 302 x 26

I contacted him on the french forum where i also checked his project thread... 310 pages long Shock But my main concern will be where to get the brake lines.

I iam currently looking at the OZ Allegeritta HLT in 7x16 inch. If i remember correct they are available in 25 and 45 ET. I was considering some PE2 to go with them but still undecided reather to go 195 or 205. I would have thought that the larger contact surface of the 205s would improve braking and grip opposed to the 195s. Is that wrong? Sorry if this sound noobish Roll eyes
Posted 6th Dec 2011 at 16:36
eliotrw

Seasoned Pro

Post #28
Yeah man I know what you mean,

With the tyre width though what you are saying makes perfect sense but I think the tyres rub the rear arch at 205 width when you go over a bump? Sure I read that somewhere ? I think it makes a difference to the sidewall too.
I'm sure someone would know

Edit: just realised coskev mentioned it in this very thread ! Foolish me.

Guys is it normal that the tyres do as coskev says at 205 then?

Ex- Phase 3 China GTi-6 T-Reg
Posted 6th Dec 2011 at 19:06
kiwibrick

Post #29
205/16/45's (ET18) rub on the plastic arch liner in the rear on my car if I stuff the boot full of heavy stuff, Mines at standard height mind you.

ph2 GTi-6
Posted 8th Dec 2011 at 00:09
matt evans

Seasoned Pro

Post #30
eliotrw wrote:
Yeah man I know what you mean,

With the tyre width though what you are saying makes perfect sense but I think the tyres rub the rear arch at 205 width when you go over a bump? Sure I read that somewhere ? I think it makes a difference to the sidewall too.
I'm sure someone would know

Edit: just realised coskev mentioned it in this very thread ! Foolish me.

Guys is it normal that the tyres do as coskev says at 205 then?

I have 7x16 Compomotive VLM 1670's on mine with an ET15, direct fitment. With 195/45/16 Yokohama S drives on, mine caught on the back arch lips, so i had them rolled and its been fine since. Even fully loaded with luggage/pasangers in the summer accross europe it was good. My tyres are no where near the inner rear arch liners, and mines lowered 30mm at the front and approx 15-20mm on the rear.

1999 Astor Grey GTi-6 OEM+ (now gone...)
2004 Aegean Blue 206 GTi 180 (also gone...)
2006 Skoda Fabia vRS in Sprint Yellow

honestly3k wrote:
Do you wrestle for a living matt? You sound like a monster LOL

owain wrote:
Nothing involving a 306 can be considered worthwhile.

Posted 8th Dec 2011 at 09:55

Pages (2): 1 [2]