displaying posts 51 to 56 of 56

Pages (3): 1 2 [3]

Author Subject: The biggest loss on a car
blue_haddock

Seasoned Pro

Post #51
jim01uk wrote:
CUJ wrote:
306 Rallye I bought last year. Can't even remember how much I paid for it but three days after it dropped a valve and I sold it the following week for peanuts. That was a fun week Dry

I thought they were the most reliable cars on the planet? Shock

no thats your disco jim!

suck my plums!
Posted 29th Nov 2011 at 08:45
russbez

Seasoned Pro

Post #52
ahhh wow this thread puts me off getting a new car anytime soon LOL

dread to think what iv spent on Rallye, nevermind the hours i wasted working on it

TEAM HIGH BOOST SUPERCHARGED RALLYE

My Rallye project thread
Posted 29th Nov 2011 at 09:10
matt evans

Seasoned Pro

Post #53
It has always amazed me that folks seem surprised that depreciation on new cars is horrific. Its ALWAYS been the easiest way to lose money IMO. I've sold cars for too long now and i've lost count of the times folks come back in after 6 months because they "fancy a change!".

Its like taking candy from a baby at times.

Worst recent case was a new 2010 60 plate Toyota Hi-lux i sold a guy, for his wife (who didnt know about it), full up, about £26k's worth.

She chucked a paddy, refused to drive it 'cos it was too big and he cam back after 3 months and 1500 miles and we paid him £16k. And he was happy not to have lost more FFS!

Sold it the same weekend to a local business guy for £19k, almost a delivery mileage vehicle.

1999 Astor Grey GTi-6 OEM+ (now gone...)
2004 Aegean Blue 206 GTi 180 (also gone...)
2006 Skoda Fabia vRS in Sprint Yellow

honestly3k wrote:
Do you wrestle for a living matt? You sound like a monster LOL

owain wrote:
Nothing involving a 306 can be considered worthwhile.

Posted 29th Nov 2011 at 12:36
lewisdmz

Senior User

Post #54
matt evans wrote:
It has always amazed me that folks seem surprised that depreciation on new cars is horrific. Its ALWAYS been the easiest way to lose money IMO. I've sold cars for too long now and i've lost count of the times folks come back in after 6 months because they "fancy a change!".

Worst recent case was a new 2010 60 plate Toyota Hi-lux i sold a guy, for his wife (who didnt know about it), full up, about £26k's worth.

She chucked a paddy, refused to drive it 'cos it was too big and he cam back after 3 months and 1500 miles and we paid him £16k. And he was happy not to have lost more FFS!

Sold it the same weekend to a local business guy for £19k, almost a delivery mileage vehicle.

Roll eyes His money:IQ ratio is worrying.
Posted 29th Nov 2011 at 18:31
buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #55
lewisdmz wrote:
matt evans wrote:

Roll eyes His money:IQ ratio is worrying.

I'd of run the ungrateful spoilt b*tch over with it instead then.

andrew315rawson@live.co.uk
Moonstone phase 7 gti6
My Project thread: http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=119992&page=1
Posted 30th Nov 2011 at 19:20
justinaccurate

Seasoned Pro

Post #56
First car was a 5 door 306 DT, paid 1600 for it, sold it for 800 a year later. I think the only thing that went wrong was the power steering leak, cost about 150 in fixes

Gti6 cost me 4000, sold 5 years later for 2000 but costs on that trying to keep it perfect, including gearbox refurb, cam pulley slip (was lucky with that as no damage to engine just belt change), air con replacement, radiator, alarm siren, cat, exhaust..... probably 5K in maintenance, maybe more?

The 540i cost 2250, nothing broke on it and sold for 1600 9 months later. Did cost 40 quid a week in fuel tho lol
Posted 1st Dec 2011 at 07:32

Pages (3): 1 2 [3]