displaying posts 1 to 24 of 24

Author Subject: 13 years old
grumpychef

The Rib Man

Post #1
I just wanted to say that my old 13 year old car still has what it takes! went up to Yorkshire at the w/e for family visit ... after a long drive i finally got to a bit of road which I couldn't resist hitting the go pedal a little harder. three hours of plodding on the motorway and i pulled off the A1 just by Ferrybridge off the A1M that is, onto what used to be the A1; the slip road drifts around to the right then a slight dogleg to the left at the crest of the hill, you are then greeted by about a three mile dead straight deserted dual carriageway. I couldn't resist flooring the old girl ( the road was totally empty so no risk to other road users!) i was very surprised to say the least at just how quick the old girl neared that red line in 6th!!!
R reg over 130k on the clock and she still goes off the clock! I love my car!
i rarely push the car like that and as she approached the red line i did think the engine might explode but it was as if the car was saying about bloody time mate!

Formally team BLAZE now Team bianca recuperating from multiple organ failure nicely!
items replaced so far, clutch, cambelt etc, radiator, exhaust, most of front running gear, wish bones, drop links, ball joints, track rod ends, bearings, brakes, calipers, discs, and pads, brake lines, front springs, brake balance compensator thingy, hand brake cable, throttle cable (twice), coil pack, door handle, windscreen, wipers, head lamps several sensors and bulbs Dry .rear beam new throttle cable, new battery. .......... yeah man, team money pit! but shes still rollin!

Posted 21st Nov 2011 at 18:47
woody.

Senior User

Post #2
Do you own a flamesuit?

Might be the right time to put it on!
Posted 21st Nov 2011 at 19:51
judge dead

Regular

Post #3
ive always wanted to redline the car but as i dont know the last cambelt change and i cba to change it i dont want to risk redline evan though i know they will snap at any time LOL
Posted 21st Nov 2011 at 19:55
jsoulman

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
woody. wrote:
Do you own a flamesuit?

Why? Thumbs down

Good to hear you are still enjoying the car el grumpo. You glad you got rid of the blaze? I miss that car! And our road trips that we havent been on for f*cking ages. Bloody petrol prices stopping my fun!
Posted 21st Nov 2011 at 20:05
lukecus

Regular

Post #5
jsoulman wrote:
woody. wrote:
Do you own a flamesuit?

Why? Thumbs down

Good to hear you are still enjoying the car el grumpo. You glad you got rid of the blaze? I miss that car! And our road trips that we havent been on for f*cking ages. Bloody petrol prices stopping my fun!

+1 Yes

We need to get another Bristol meet going soon! it's been too long Wink

Team Diablo

Highboost Ninja
Posted 21st Nov 2011 at 20:52
mattgti6phase2

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
Thumbs up

i think these engines get better the more miles they have tbh. mine is now on 106k (daily driver) and it p*sses 140mph on the odd occasion i take her there to the point where if i didnt back it off it'd go to the fooking limiter! Dont want to be doing that in any gear let alone 6th flat out No

Team Nile 6 Superman
Team: 40.2 MPG Smile
5 x a 306 owner!
currently abusing type r's in a town near you ™ Wink
I truely live for the 306 ®
Build date: 29th October 1997 Wednesday's car
midweek madness Tee hee
Posted 21st Nov 2011 at 22:54
thugpuggin

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
woody. wrote:
Do you own a flamesuit?

Car forum and nobody has ever opened it up a little. Roll eyes Try leaving London and push your Oyster card up yourself and enjoy life and the car you own that directed yourself to joining a owners forum.

My soapbox washes my clothes and is not used to stand on regarding putting the world to rights on speeding and using a car once in a while outside the law.....

Deny you've not gunned it a little? My answer -1.

Alternatively try the A4212 from Bala and the Evo Triangle to enjoy your car. All within the realms of 60mph of course I expect once you start driving, maybe you can't handle it.

Black X Reg PIII.VGTi 6 A4212 pt 1 A4212 pt 2 Searching the streets of Bristol for 1.36p/day.

Joint Kent Leader

Posted 21st Nov 2011 at 23:25
buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #8
we need a good roads thread, I'm in exploring mode lately.
That old stretch of a1 is like a ghost road most of time.

andrew315rawson@live.co.uk
Moonstone phase 7 gti6
My Project thread: http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=119992&page=1
Posted 22nd Nov 2011 at 04:19
justinaccurate

Seasoned Pro

Post #9
From the thread title, I thought this was going to be about an under age sexual encounter...
Posted 22nd Nov 2011 at 07:10
mattgti6phase2

Seasoned Pro

Post #10
justinaccurate wrote:
From the thread title, I thought this was going to be about an under age sexual encounter...

Laugh my ass off

Team Nile 6 Superman
5 x a 306 owner!
midweek madness Tee hee
Posted 22nd Nov 2011 at 08:17
mattgti6phase2

Seasoned Pro

Post #11
justinaccurate wrote:

Laugh my ass off

Team Nile 6 Superman
5 x a 306 owner!
midweek madness Tee hee
Posted 22nd Nov 2011 at 09:13
roland rat

Yeeeah Rat fans!

Post #12
Nice to see you're still enjoying the old girl mate Thumbs up
Posted 22nd Nov 2011 at 10:36
ian7675

Techno Viking

Post #13
I was expecting the first post to say something like....."I didn't know....she looked older" Dunno

Less than 24 hours to go!
Posted 22nd Nov 2011 at 10:38
greenbelt

Seasoned Pro

Post #14
When I saw this thread last night the last post was by jsoulman and I automatically thought the worst LOL

Standard Black 6
Black HBSC6 Smoke
Posted 22nd Nov 2011 at 10:50
woody.

Senior User

Post #15
thugpuggin wrote:
woody. wrote:
Do you own a flamesuit?

Car forum and nobody has ever opened it up a little. Roll eyes Try leaving London and push your Oyster card up yourself and enjoy life and the car you own that directed yourself to joining a owners forum.

My soapbox washes my clothes and is not used to stand on regarding putting the world to rights on speeding and using a car once in a while outside the law.....

Deny you've not gunned it a little? My answer -1.

Alternatively try the A4212 from Bala and the Evo Triangle to enjoy your car. All within the realms of 60mph of course I expect once you start driving, maybe you can't handle it.

Wasn't slating the guy at all, I've just seen many threads like this turn into untold amount of abuse at the OP LOL
Don't get me wrong, I've certainly seen what my car can do but only had the bottle to go to 130ish Superman it was at that point that I realised my rear tyres needed balancing!
Posted 22nd Nov 2011 at 11:37
jsoulman

Seasoned Pro

Post #16
Nah us Brizzol lot are pro speeding! Especially outside schools, in Asda car park and around the estates. We take safety into consideration so wear cycle helmets and pads. Remember that race we had round Portland square showing off to the prozzies? They loved it!
Posted 22nd Nov 2011 at 12:01
jsoulman

Seasoned Pro

Post #17
greenbelt wrote:
When I saw this thread last night the last post was by jsoulman and I automatically thought the worst LOL

Thanks buddy! Sad
Posted 22nd Nov 2011 at 12:02
jsoulman

Seasoned Pro

Post #18
On a serious note we should all hook up soon for a SOFT drink. But I cant afford a drive right now.
Posted 22nd Nov 2011 at 12:07
greenbelt

Seasoned Pro

Post #19
jsoulman wrote:
greenbelt wrote:

Thanks buddy! Sad

That stupidgirls thread and your craigslist adventure looked like it would end up that way.

Don't take it to heart mate Flowers

Standard Black 6
Black HBSC6 Smoke
Posted 22nd Nov 2011 at 14:44
jsoulman

Seasoned Pro

Post #20
Too late for that im really upset now.
Posted 22nd Nov 2011 at 14:47
greenbelt

Seasoned Pro

Post #21
Oh...

Well you know what to do then... Get back on craigslist Thumbs up

Standard Black 6
Black HBSC6 Smoke
Posted 22nd Nov 2011 at 14:51
jsoulman

Seasoned Pro

Post #22
No im just going to sit here crying to myself.

Speaking of Craigslist, that girl emailed me today. All boring stuff though as she is ill and obviously bored. I offered to nip round with 2 plums and a banana and she started calling me Daddy. Thats f*cked up!
Posted 22nd Nov 2011 at 14:54
roland rat

Yeeeah Rat fans!

Post #23
jsoulman wrote:
No im just going to sit here crying to myself.

Speaking of Craigslist, that girl emailed me today. All boring stuff though as she is ill and obviously bored. I offered to nip round with 2 plums and a banana and she started calling me Daddy. Thats f*cked up!

your saying thats f*cked up? Laugh my ass off
Posted 22nd Nov 2011 at 15:03
grumpychef

The Rib Man

Post #24
buzzbrightyear wrote:
we need a good roads thread, I'm in exploring mode lately.
That old stretch of a1 is like a ghost road most of time.

Precisely that! it was deserted and downhill i also had a tail wind Laugh my ass off ! i have no idea how fast it was going when i backed out of the throttle as the numbers stop at 140 Razz (not that i was watching the clock). no james i still miss the old blaze! that car pulled so hard; the bianca is getting there but does not have that head jerking throw you back in the seat pull like the blaze had!

I really should have sorted the issues out on the blaze beast rather than letting it go but hey ho!

oh and buzzbrightyear; go explore around the back of sherburn-in-elmet there are some quality roads around towton and fairburn! i had my mum in the car as i took her out to lotherton hall; i couldn't help thinking these roads are great! watch out for bikers though it is a popular area for beasting your motor!

Formally team BLAZE now Team bianca recuperating from multiple organ failure nicely!
items replaced so far, clutch, cambelt etc, radiator, exhaust, most of front running gear, wish bones, drop links, ball joints, track rod ends, bearings, brakes, calipers, discs, and pads, brake lines, front springs, brake balance compensator thingy, hand brake cable, throttle cable (twice), coil pack, door handle, windscreen, wipers, head lamps several sensors and bulbs Dry .rear beam new throttle cable, new battery. .......... yeah man, team money pit! but shes still rollin!

Posted 23rd Nov 2011 at 20:30