displaying posts 1 to 11 of 11

Author Subject: phase 3 gti6 engine bay loom
samm

Post #1
hello i resently put a gti6 engine into my 5 door but the lights, speedo and temp gauage isnt working ive tried the main plug behind the windscreen wiper motor but its not that, my friend asked me what phase the lump came out of which was a phase 2.5, he said its down the the engine bay loom as there slightly different,so need a phase 3 gti6 engine bay loom asap i have cas waiting

thanks sam

5 door 306 with gti 6 conversoin!

Posted 13th Nov 2011 at 11:40
carbonfibre

Regular

Post #2
samm wrote:
hello i resently put a gti6 engine into my 5 door but the lights, speedo and temp gauage isnt working ive tried the main plug behind the windscreen wiper motor but its not that, my friend asked me what phase the lump came out of which was a phase 2.5, he said its down the the engine bay loom as there slightly different,so need a phase 3 gti6 engine bay loom asap i have cas waiting

thanks sam

35 quid posted. Removed from mint 65k phase 3 lump this summer.

Let me know,

Pete.

Hens teeth rocking horse poo Cossack Ph1.3
Posted 14th Nov 2011 at 10:01
samm

Post #3
carbonfibre wrote:
samm wrote:

thanks sam

35 quid posted. Removed from mint 65k phase 3 lump this summer.

Let me know,

Pete.

Ideal ill have it!

Posted 14th Nov 2011 at 13:49
carbonfibre

Regular

Post #4
I have PM'ed you payment details etc.

However, on reflection I would like to suggest something. It might cost me a sale, but I don't want you to part with your hard earned and not get the result you desire. And from a less altruistic angle: if you plug it in and still have the same problems you will be disappointed, won't want the loom any more, might want to return it for a refund, and we will be in a cupboard full of farts without a gas mask.

Are you fully satisfied that using the Ph3 loom I have offered you will solve the problem? May I suggest you seek confirmation of this before proceeding? I am sure that a charmingly worded enquiry in the relevant section of this forum would be a good idea, and that our resident experts might provide some guidance or opinion.

I am of no help in this department because electricity is weird magic that hurts when you touch it, as far as I am concerned Crazy

If, however, you are already fully satisfied that a Ph3 loom is the solution then that's cool. We will proceed with all due haste.

Just thought I should check.

Pete Thumbs up

Hens teeth rocking horse poo Cossack Ph1.3
Posted 14th Nov 2011 at 21:32
simonjames

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
Engine looms are all the same, i've fitted phase 2 engine in to phase 3 cars and phase 3 engines in to phase 2 cars

I will sugest though checking the main plug again (1 behing wiper motor) these contacts dont acctually plug in to each other they only 'touch' if an earth isnt touching fully it will give problems, on my rallye when i rebuilt it if i put the plugs together everything worked A1 but as soon as i tightened it up everything stopped working, i spent a full day with a small screwdriver cleaning the conntact face and bending straight, everything is ok now

p.s sorry carbonfibre if this looses you a sale

All South Wales Members Click Here
Team Supercharged Black RALLYE ™ (Click Here for Build Project)
MY EBAY ITEMS

Posted 14th Nov 2011 at 22:23
dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #6
I think the chap is after the aux loom, not the engine loom.

Reason I say, is that I offered him an engine loom on the .net forum and someone posted saying it wasnt the separate loom itself that the OP was after.

• Senior Test Automation Engineer for the 306GTi6 Owners Club Forum Wizard

• Posted 15th Nov 2011 at 00:19
    Rich E Forum Admin

Post #7
    The more I think about this problem the more I think it's not going to be as simple as changing the loom.

There are over 20 different engine bay looms depending on age, body type, model and options / trim, that connect to over 15 different dash looms varying on the same criteria. Without knowing exactly which looms are in the car at the moment it will be impossible to say for sure whether or not the phase 3 GTi-6 loom would solve the problem.

I think the best bet is to get hold of some wiring diagrams and customise the existing loom to suit, as that's the correct loom to interconnect with the dash loom so it's just a case of rewiring it to be compatible with the GTi-6 ECU loom, which would be a lot easier than stripping the whole front of the car down to change the loom when there's a chance it won't solve the problem.

Rich
    Posted 15th Nov 2011 at 00:53
    samm

Post #8
    ive tried the plug so many times now its insane just getting p*ssed off with it tbh i had my friend do the same as you simon i havent the foggest why its doing this, he says its down to the loom as theres 4 connectors in different places than my 1.4 he said that the phase 3 bay loom is the same as my 1.4 plug so hopefully will work as my m.o.t runs out next week i need the speedo, all the lights and the temp gauage working by then plus i havent driven it in almost a month as its quite dangerous driving with no lights and speedo :/ so ill give the phase 3 bay loom ago

Posted 15th Nov 2011 at 14:11
    samm

Post #9
    ill give the loom another go tomorrow

Posted 15th Nov 2011 at 14:23
    dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #10
    It still sounds like carbonfibre is offering an Engine loom. Make sure this is clarified.

• Senior Test Automation Engineer for the 306GTi6 Owners Club Forum Wizard

• Posted 15th Nov 2011 at 14:29
    samm

Post #11
    ill give the plug another go before i buy it he did send me a email saying its the bay loom as the engine is now in a ph1 6

Posted 15th Nov 2011 at 15:01