displaying posts 1 to 4 of 4

Author Subject: Misfire
mike rallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
hi guys am after some advise, over the last couple of weeks i seem to have a slight misfire when it colds. but when the engine warms up it has gone after couple of minutes.

i have already replaced two coil packs, so do you think the others might be on there way out or should i be looking at something else in the engine bay?

i have tryed and use the search box but it didnt work correctly
Posted 11th Nov 2011 at 22:39
roland rat

Yeeeah Rat fans!

Post #2
Sadly this coukd be the dreaded Headgasket failing Sad

Best thing to do is do a compression test asap and go from there
Posted 11th Nov 2011 at 22:56
mike rallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
i check the compression last month because i had a misfire then which was down to two coil pack. the reading were round 250ish iirc.
Posted 11th Nov 2011 at 22:59
slywhite

Regular

Post #4
i had this misfire and it was my headgasket, number one cylinder was filling with water when stood for a long period of time. had a hydrocarbon test done and it confirmed this, before the test was done i tried coil packs, spark plugs and injectors but nothing worked. might be worth having this test done on yours to let you know either way. it takes only a matter of minutes to do this. my local garage did this and didnt charge me.
Posted 12th Nov 2011 at 10:35