displaying posts 1 to 25 of 54

Pages (3): [1] 2 3

Author Subject: whats it worth???
hovis16

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
didnt really want to do this because it is akward.....but then if it happened to anyover member it would of been mention by now.
as some of you know I bought loteks rallye which i no needed a "LITTLE WORK"
post off car for sale click here
basically i had the car on the drive for about 2 to 3 weeks to sort out the rear beam which was totally ruined this thanks to the 21mm tb fitted without a bar end bolt which was mine.then the central locking on the driver side decided not to work also the door lights.........
after this i then drove the car 3 times two short trips of which i had to top up the rad and a 50 mile trip to bed in pauls engine.............
bang the engine goes.........myself and other members have been told the headgasket was done and sorted hench why i bought it.......lies
then we took the head off to hope i can just do a headrebuild.........head FELL OFF and no cams in their just standard ones. chambers 1 and four was full off coolant and exhaust mani port one was also so scrap engine. took engine out pas pump cracked engine mount cradle cracked gearbox mount bolt rounded and hanging off. also bj and tre seized and the passenger side coilover was sat at an angle causing it to have camber on one wheel and f*ck all on the other.

ive sent hundreds just to get the engine going again and the car still needs loads of work to get some fun and enjoyment out of it.

oringal deal was 1600quid and he keeps the arb wishbones and mounts he has had these off me and i have given him 500 as a deposit.......now i no for a fact this shed is not worth 1600 not for a half decent shell cage and coilovers. i have offerd him 200quid more which i think is fair .

what do you all thinkThumbs down Thumbs down Thumbs down Thumbs down Thumbs down Thumbs down

Ph2 Black GTI 6!

EX black 6 owner
But now a Black caged rallye owner

Hunting for Go faster bits!

SEARCH

click here
Posted 9th Nov 2011 at 10:11
darrengti

Regular

Post #2
Feel for you. My brother is in a similar situation, he bought a combo van, drove it 20 miles and oil light was on. I looked for the leak thinking it was the diesel pump, took it off to find a crack in the head. Said crack had been bodged together with silicone. We're going down the legal route as this was obviously known to the previous owner.

Now I don't want to appear to be on anyones side here but Trading Standards told us that in a private sale (individual to individual) there is no such thing as sold as seen. You cant just palm off faulty goods. It's up to you to decide if Lotek knew the Rallye was farked when he sold it to you.

HTH
Posted 9th Nov 2011 at 10:19
dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #3
I take it the relationship between you both has deteriorated slightly since all this?

So what's the plan with it? Are you going to continue to plough money into it? Or cut your losses, break it and spend the money on a 'sorted' one'.

I hear Cappsy has a pink one for sale. He's not mentioned it lately so I expect it's sold now.

• Senior Test Automation Engineer for the 306GTi6 Owners Club Forum Wizard

• Posted 9th Nov 2011 at 10:20
    hovis16

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
    i can understand about the engine cradle and gearbox mount but........engine wise he has told more than one member it had a new headgasket and i have post/ text saying that it was playing up "BEFORE" he had sorted it. also if he had the head off he would of known it wasnt cammed which means its false selling/cant be asked and lies technic

Ph2 Black GTI 6!

EX black 6 owner

SEARCH

click here
    Posted 9th Nov 2011 at 10:23
    Ed_van_dijk

Senior User

Post #5
    Trouble is it was sold as seen i take it? difficult to argue now.

A chap I know bought a 172, drove it 10 miles and it dropped a valve, didn't even make it home. The owner didn't want to know as it was sold as seen.

Astor 6
    Posted 9th Nov 2011 at 10:24
    darrengti

Regular

Post #6
    As I said a call to the public arm of Trading Standards state there is no such thing as sold as seen. Yes if it breaks after you've bought it tough luck. But if there were serious issues with it when you bought it and the seller hasn't made you aware of them then there is come back there.
    Posted 9th Nov 2011 at 10:27
    hovis16

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
    compression test
    then
    engine sale

forgetting the post what would you pay for a rallye shell with a cage and coilovers??

Ph2 Black GTI 6!

EX black 6 owner

SEARCH

click here
    Posted 9th Nov 2011 at 10:35
    miles

Seasoned Pro

Post #8
    Silly question but have you measured the cams as they could be re-ground.
    And who did the HG? as this may have some comeback if done by a professional and not a home DIY job

306 Rallye Sptint/Race Car, 205 CTI 1.9 8v to name a few

Road, Track and Race/Rally car preparation to your personal requirements,
    Full Workshop & Diagnostic Facilities
    New and Second parts, from Plugs to Turbo's
    We now also carry out Routine Servicing
    www.pugracing.com

& FB Page, https://www.facebook.com/PugRacing

Ebay; http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Pug-Racing-Shop

2012/2013/2014/2019 Class Winners at Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb & Joint overall, Class record too along the way,
    Posted 9th Nov 2011 at 10:35
    hovis16

Seasoned Pro

Post #9
    dangti6 wrote:
    I take it the relationship between you both has deteriorated slightly since all this?

So what's the plan with it? Are you going to continue to plough money into it? Or cut your losses, break it and spend the money on a 'sorted' one'.

I hear Cappsy has a pink one for sale. He's not mentioned it lately so I expect it's sold now.

after having to ride 30mile a day for the past month its a tad less chatty than before.
    thing is if i cut my losses i have watsed alot of time and money.......had the rents and the gf going mad at me about this car and to then turn aound and break/sell itWhistle dont think id have a home to go to

Ph2 Black GTI 6!

EX black 6 owner

SEARCH

click here
    Posted 9th Nov 2011 at 10:38
    hovis16

Seasoned Pro

Post #10
    miles wrote:
    Silly question but have you measured the cams as they could be re-ground.
    And who did the HG? as this may have some comeback if done by a professional and not a home DIY job

yeap paul and myself did measured the lobes, shafts you name it. also we couldnt see any stamp marks on them at all. Gave mug performance and ring and they said that they should have a marking on the end. its not even the oringnal engine which does bother me its just the fact that ive been lied to which is p*ssing me off. IF he had done the work he would off noticed

thanks for the great help with the engine bits too milesThumbs up

Ph2 Black GTI 6!

EX black 6 owner

SEARCH

click here
    Posted 9th Nov 2011 at 10:43
    rikky 🦔

Post #11
    so have you got the car and owe him a balance? so you've paid the deposit only?

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
    306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
    gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
    winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
    Posted 9th Nov 2011 at 10:59
    hovis16

Seasoned Pro

Post #12
    yeap

Ph2 Black GTI 6!

EX black 6 owner

SEARCH

click here
    Posted 9th Nov 2011 at 11:00
    will130787

Seasoned Pro

Post #13
    When I was looking to buy this from Rick, he did make me aware the HG had been done which was ones of the strengths I was going to buy it on. I have since seen the old engine block etc and it is fubarbed, std cams etc! I think for the condition etc the car is in £700 is fair although you still have to bear in mind that cams etc were never going to be noticed by Rick unless the head had been taken off!

Ex Astor 6 owner Sad

Also an Ex owner of a Bianca 6 Sad

Now an ex owner of a 2005 9-3 2.0T 210bhp Aero Swedish Saloon thing!! Soon to be 250bhp.... Superman

Now driving Mk5 Golf GTTdi, mile muncher

But still live for the 306 Ninja
    Posted 9th Nov 2011 at 11:04
    rikky 🦔

Post #14
    what is on the car right now then? or what is missing from it? sorry, you obviously typed in a rage and i don't know what's there and what's not LOL

if you cannot solve it amicably then i would either strip it bare, sell everything off it [if it's too much work to sort - really??] and weight the shell in. you'd get your money back but it's hassle. or pester trading standards and see if he will take the whole mess back and you get your cash back, which obviously sounds like what i would be fighting for first

obviously the legal route is the way but things like this get messy and you might be best off confronting the other party about it

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
    306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
    winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
    Posted 9th Nov 2011 at 11:05
    rikky 🦔

Post #15
    anyone could say 'it's got this in the engine, these cams etc' but it's not until you take it apart you know. proof is required and his word is not always proof. if he has something on paper and sold it to you with him *knowing* (ie, fact) it had different internals then you have a leg to stand on [see darren's post - "sold as seen" not counting anymore]

you would get about £150-180 for it complete if you weight it in btw. just for reference

Posted 9th Nov 2011 at 11:07
    dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #16
    Thing with perstering trading standards and trying to get the £500 back is, that Hovis has easily spent that again on parts that he would lose out on.

Sorting a low, fair price seems to be the best way for Hovis. The rallye doesn't then owe him so much more than it should, yet Lotek will have to take the loss on the chin.

You can choose your friends, but you can't choose your family!

• Senior Test Automation Engineer for the 306GTi6 Owners Club Forum Wizard

• Posted 9th Nov 2011 at 11:13
    hovis16

Seasoned Pro

Post #17
    at the moment it has my engine out of the six. i know that he had no way of knowing if the old engine was cammed or not but surely if he had of had the head done........which he didnt he then would of known about the cams. Basically im not trying to work out what i should give him money wise as i have already given him 500 plus parts back. NO WAY im i giving him 1600 plus parts and i have told him this.

Ph2 Black GTI 6!

EX black 6 owner

SEARCH

click here
    Posted 9th Nov 2011 at 11:15
    roland rat

Yeeeah Rat fans!

Post #18
    Id say a grand and some bits back is fair in the deal,sorry to hear about your bad luck Sad
    Posted 9th Nov 2011 at 11:24
    will130787

Seasoned Pro

Post #19
    hovis16 wrote:
    at the moment it has my engine out of the six. i know that he had no way of knowing if the old engine was cammed or not but surely if he had of had the head done........which he didnt he then would of known about the cams. Basically im not trying to work out what i should give him money wise as i have already given him 500 plus parts back. NO WAY im i giving him 1600 plus parts and i have told him this.

Another 200 and leave it at that mate Smile

Ex Astor 6 owner Sad

Now an ex owner of a 2005 9-3 2.0T 210bhp Aero Swedish Saloon thing!! Soon to be 250bhp.... Superman

Posted 9th Nov 2011 at 11:28
    mattgti6phase2

Seasoned Pro

Post #20
    Sorry to read this hovis. I know you live for the 6/rallye. That said when i sawthe car it was dog slow! Which may have been the start of the problems you have now. It certainly didn't sound cammed.

Anyway giving him another £200 is more than fair, I would'nt give him another penny given the circumstance but that's just my opinion. I hope you get this sorted mate. Maybe I'll pop over and see you guys soon as i'm pretty handy with a hammer i mean spanner Whistle

Team Nile 6 Superman
    Team: 40.2 MPG Smile
    5 x a 306 owner!
    currently abusing type r's in a town near you ™ Wink
    I truely live for the 306 ®
    Build date: 29th October 1997 Wednesday's car
    midweek madness Tee hee
    Posted 9th Nov 2011 at 11:56
    will130787

Seasoned Pro

Post #21
    mattgti6phase2 wrote:
    Sorry to read this hovis. I know you live for the 6/rallye. That said when i sawthe car it was dog slow! Which may have been the start of the problems you have now. It certainly didn't sound cammed.

Anyway giving him another £200 is more than fair, I would'nt give him another penny given the circumstance but that's just my opinion. I hope you get this sorted mate. Maybe I'll pop over and see you guys soon as i'm pretty handy with a hammer i mean spanner Whistle

We need a meet up soon guys!

Ex Astor 6 owner Sad

Posted 9th Nov 2011 at 12:01
    wilyoldave

Seasoned Pro

Post #22
    Just as a matter of interest what is Loteks response on all of this - tbh he has always come across as ok.

No more peugeots Sad

Snap - no more RS clioSad

Now Ph1 RS clio Smile
    Posted 9th Nov 2011 at 12:46
    hovis16

Seasoned Pro

Post #23
    will130787 wrote:
    mattgti6phase2 wrote:

YEAH WE DO lol

Ph2 Black GTI 6!

EX black 6 owner

SEARCH

click here
    Posted 9th Nov 2011 at 12:49
    hovis16

Seasoned Pro

Post #24
    wilyoldave wrote:
    Just as a matter of interest what is Loteks response on all of this - tbh he has always come across as ok.

his arguement is we have both been mugged off but he is just interested in some money thats all.

Ph2 Black GTI 6!

EX black 6 owner

SEARCH

click here
    Posted 9th Nov 2011 at 12:50
    billyboy99

Seasoned Pro

Post #25
    hovis16 wrote:
    will130787 wrote:
    mattgti6phase2 wrote:
    Maybe I'll pop over and see you guys soon

YEAH WE DO lol

when is this orgy taking place? can i come?
    Posted 9th Nov 2011 at 12:53

Pages (3): [1] 2 3