displaying posts 26 to 50 of 78

Pages (4): 1 [2] 3 .. last

Author Subject: Who has the highest mileage Rallye?
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #26
ryangti6 wrote:
Because you bite everytime which for someone who doesnt care is ironic.

Well that's not really ironic, but never mind. Ryan I'll be honest with you, I reply because I quite like arguing with you. I find it fun. I enjoy it. It passes the time when I'm waiting for a program to load, or perhaps just taking a break from work.

ryangti6 wrote:
And btw, I'm not telling "people" as your comment suggests I do it to everyone, I'm only commenting on you.

So it's okay to tell people what to do, as long as you do it one person at a time, and not en masse? Noted.

ryangti6 wrote:
P.s, love the sig now, much better

Anything for you babes Love

Membership expiring soon, get in contact on our new little forum project.
Posted 5th Nov 2011 at 13:29
ryangti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #27
It really is worrying that you enjoy arguing on the internet, you write as though it's meant to sound sarcastic but you clearly do love it as you spend most of your time on here trying to start one with pretty much anyone.

Am I correct in thinking you work in IT? If so it explains a lot I suppose.

local councils run provisions for people like yourself that struggle with reality and society, my honest advice to you would be to go and join one, it's never to late to change.

Ryan
Posted 5th Nov 2011 at 13:57
ian7675

Techno Viking

Post #28
ryangti6 wrote:

Another note, do you think your signature is clever?

I thought so LOL I only said it because of Vernam ripping into Owain and I passed the opinion onto a Newb.

Less than 24 hours to go!
Posted 5th Nov 2011 at 14:02
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #29
ryangti6 wrote:
Am I correct in thinking you work in IT? If so it explains a lot I suppose. local councils run provisions for people like yourself that struggle with reality and society, my honest advice to you would be to go and join one, it's never to late to change.

What a fantastically 90s stereotype of the "IT industry", did you get that from the Simpsons? I thank you for your concern, I'll be in touch if I ever need a shoulder to cry on Thumbs up

Posted 5th Nov 2011 at 14:08
ryangti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #30
But it's not a "90's stereotype" really is it? What has changed in the type of person that usually does this job in the last 10-20 years? Nothing! Let me guess, you do the cool, really awesome stuff?

If anything, thanks to the creation of "social networking" (which I personally think is bo***cks) it makes people like yourself think you are involved and in touch with reality and society so it's actually worse than in the 90's as all you do now is live on your computers 24/7 instead of just 10 hours a day.

Seriously get out and enjoy life, I can tell you probably didnt as a child but as said, it's not to late.

Ryan
Posted 5th Nov 2011 at 14:26
ryangti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #31
ian7675 wrote:
ryangti6 wrote:

Another note, do you think your signature is clever?

I thought so LOL I only said it because of Vernam ripping into Owain and I passed the opinion onto a Newb.

The comment was funny but quoting it for himself is nothing more than another attempt of Owain trying to be clever and fit in with the people he so obviously wants to be like.

He just reminds me of school. You know, the 5th year kid that try's to act the big man to all the first years because he thinks he can.

Ryan
Posted 5th Nov 2011 at 14:34
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #32
Sigh. Well okay, but only because I've got two minutes to kill while my cheese and ham toastie cools.

ryangti6 wrote:
What has changed in the type of person that usually does this job in the last 10-20 years? Nothing!

What kind of job is that then? What job do I do? I think someone's been watching too much IT Crowd. There's no such thing as "working in IT" any more, pretty much every job involves IT nowadays. "10-20" years ago you only had to use Word to be some kind of geek god, I bet you can use word. That makes you one of them. One of US.

ryangti6 wrote:
thanks to the creation of "social networking" (which I personally think is bo***cks)

Yeah, you're really sticking it to the man. You're beating the system. You're a winner.

ryangti6 wrote:
Let me guess, you do the cool, really awesome stuff?

I find it interesting, enjoy it and it makes a load of people a load of money. So yes, if you like. Obviously it's subjective, but I don't suspect I'd have the vaguest bit of interest in whatever you do when you're not sitting alone on your XBox in your evenings. I'd love to join you for a game of Fifa, but I don't actually own a games console and I'm out tonight, I suspect you'll be online though right? With the rest of the South Wales Elite? I can't imagine you get scores like that on Forza by leaving your bedroom that often.

Btw, nice avatar. That's how you see yourself is it? That's you. Online. On your XBox. With your "online friends". And you're saying I'm the geek? I suspect you'll find we both are, except at least I get paid for it.

ryangti6 wrote:
He just reminds me of school. You know, the 5th year kid that try's to act the big man to all the first years because he thinks he can.

And you know what Ryan? You remind *me* of school. You were the kind of kid in the year who thought he had to play the big man, who used to take the p*ss out of people like me and my friends because we weren't so cool, but then cried in front of everyone when he stacked it one day in the playground. The difference being that more than a decade after leaving school I'm still friends with that same group of people, and you're staying in playing Sonic the Hedgehog.

Toastie time.

Oh, nearly forgot.

ryangti6 wrote:
The comment was funny but quoting it for himself is nothing more than another attempt of Owain trying to be clever and fit in with the people he so obviously wants to be like

"Be my friend Ian, I found you funny!" Now who's trying to fit in eh? Wink

Posted 5th Nov 2011 at 15:03
clen666

Seasoned Pro

Post #33
Owain you're such a c*nt.......er...knob....er....you know what you are

Team 'unintentional rat look'
Posted 5th Nov 2011 at 15:36
honestly3k

Seasoned Pro

Post #34

''Oh, it does handle like a golf!'' Why drive a Golf....when you can drive a GTi-6?
Posted 5th Nov 2011 at 15:47
woody.

Senior User

Post #35
Subscribed.
Posted 5th Nov 2011 at 16:35
thugpuggin

Seasoned Pro

Post #36
I want this look as well, off down city centre to find it.

Black X Reg PIII.VGTi 6 A4212 pt 1 A4212 pt 2 Searching the streets of Bristol for 1.36p/day.

Joint Kent Leader

Posted 5th Nov 2011 at 16:38
ryangti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #37
owain wrote:
Sigh. Well okay, but only because I've got two minutes to kill while my cheese and ham toastie cools.

ryangti6 wrote:
What has changed in the type of person that usually does this job in the last 10-20 years? Nothing!

What kind of job is that then? What job do I do? I think someone's been watching too much IT Crowd. There's no such thing as "working in IT" any more, pretty much every job involves IT nowadays. "10-20" years ago you only had to use Word to be some kind of geek god, I bet you can use word. That makes you one of them. One of US.

ryangti6 wrote:
thanks to the creation of "social networking" (which I personally think is bo***cks)

Yeah, you're really sticking it to the man. You're beating the system. You're a winner.

ryangti6 wrote:
Let me guess, you do the cool, really awesome stuff?

I find it interesting, enjoy it and it makes a load of people a load of money. So yes, if you like. Obviously it's subjective, but I don't suspect I'd have the vaguest bit of interest in whatever you do when you're not sitting alone on your XBox in your evenings. I'd love to join you for a game of Fifa, but I don't actually own a games console and I'm out tonight, I suspect you'll be online though right? With the rest of the South Wales Elite? I can't imagine you get scores like that on Forza by leaving your bedroom that often.

Btw, nice avatar. That's how you see yourself is it? That's you. Online. On your XBox. With your "online friends". And you're saying I'm the geek? I suspect you'll find we both are, except at least I get paid for it.

ryangti6 wrote:

And you know what Ryan? You remind *me* of school. You were the kind of kid in the year who thought he had to play the big man, who used to take the p*ss out of people like me and my friends because we weren't so cool, but then cried in front of everyone when he stacked it one day in the playground. The difference being that more than a decade after leaving school I'm still friends with that same group of people, and you're staying in playing Sonic the Hedgehog.

Toastie time.

Oh, nearly forgot.

ryangti6 wrote:
The comment was funny but quoting it for himself is nothing more than another attempt of Owain trying to be clever and fit in with the people he so obviously wants to be like

"Be my friend Ian, I found you funny!" Now who's trying to fit in eh? Wink

I love the fact your first line tries to make out you couldnt be bothered to reply yet you write me an essay and obviously put quite a bit of effort into it.

So now you think you are proper clever I take it? Do you think you have embarressed me posting my xbox live profile? You know the very one that you found because I've posted it on threads for people to add me if they wish.... You knock yourself out if it helps you sleep at night thinking you annoyed someone on the internet.
Nearly everything you have said has either totally twisted what I said or just tried to say what I have about you back to me which is why I'm not bothering commenting on some of your assumptions. You dont have an actual point about me on this forum as I dont post worthless shit 24/7 like you, your only point is you dont like me because I'm pointing out what others also are, you are a knob.

My post about Ian's comment is not wanting him to be my friend, do you think that is how life works? Ian has come accross many times that I can recall as a decent member of this club that doesnt spend his life on here and doesnt constantly try to start arguments hence I have no reason to make any negative comments about him. I didnt join this club to make friends like some people although I have made some, I joined on here because I like Peugeot's and owned a Gti6.

Edit: And before I log off, two more points for you. I'm glad you admited I was right about how you were when you were young, I can usually spot the I was bullied at school attitude and like yourself i like to be right. I'm sorry to say you've got me a bit wrong but you can assume what you like if it makes you feel better, it seems I've upset you enough for one day.

And point number two, Sonic is a f*cking brilliant game, that one is actually my daughters but I still like to play it. If you wouldnt have had such a sheltered childhood or even had friends to tell you what you were missing you would probably know this Thumbs up

Ryan
Posted 5th Nov 2011 at 17:59
CUJ

Seasoned Pro

Post #38
LOL @ forum handbags

340 horses
Posted 5th Nov 2011 at 18:17
bergy

Post #39
Wow - and there was me coming onto this thread to see how many miles a Rallye was capable of ?! LOL
Posted 5th Nov 2011 at 18:21
james88

Regular

Post #40
haha! internet forums are serious business it seems!
Posted 5th Nov 2011 at 18:31
m306

Seasoned Pro

Post #41
is it me or are the majority of threads these days turning into "Owain is a knob" threads? Laugh my ass off

maybe Owain and Ryan should meet up at a premier inn? i get the impression there is alot of sexual tension building up between them Whistle

on a serious note though, this forum has never failed to entertain me, i spent my lunch breaks everyday laughing my ass off at the funny stuff on here, or learning from the massive wealth of knowledge on here, and i think Owain contributes alot to both. he adds alot of humour and at the same time clearly knows his way around a car and has great advice, just look at his project thread for an example of both.

im not picking sides, just throwing in my two cents, which i may later regret, but oh well...

supercharged China gti6 - Thu 16th Sep 1999 - sold
2010 megane rs250
Posted 5th Nov 2011 at 18:42
gtisid

Seasoned Pro

Post #42
looks to me like this forum is going down the pan.

as the cars get cheaper so do the clientel

pugless
Phase 1 GTI 6 1996-1997
Subaru Impreza GB270 2007-2008
rare spiderman comics
same day international courier
Posted 6th Nov 2011 at 13:25
mattyrallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #43
Loving the above comment. I hardly come on here any more simply because of this reason. Every thread gets ruined and then goes off topic.

1. Grow up
2. If you do not like the thread, do not post.

Back on topic.

My rallye has 138k on the clock, and a piper inlet cam. New head gasket, it has been ragged to within an inch of its life and she is still a beauty and pulled 178 BHP on the rollers (still un-mapped).

Not the highest miler but a strong engine. Never been rebuilt.

Previous china gti6 and Rallye owner.

Now a proud Astor Gti 6 owner.

Missing he BMW already...
Posted 7th Nov 2011 at 10:05
sharvey44

Senior User

Post #44
ryangti6 wrote:

Am I correct in thinking you work in IT? If so it explains a lot I suppose.

local councils run provisions for people like yourself that struggle with reality and society, my honest advice to you would be to go and join one, it's never to late to change.

Out of interest, what are you implying about people that "work in IT"?

What exactly do you do for a living?

So because I can troubleshoot PC related issues, have the ability to think of multiple possible solutions to a problem, understand financial applications, understand the basics of financial markets and can generally understand the job of everyone in the office to a certain degree, that somehow means i struggle with reality and society.

Yeah go f*ck yourself..

Your complete ignorance amazes me. Its quite ironic that you seem to think that you are the person to tell people like Owain that their sarcastic sense of humour is not welcome on this forum because, you sir, are a f*ckwit.

I find most of the threads on this place quite amusing. I like the banter, the Owain thread hijacks, the arguements that then ensue. Initially I thought the point you were trying to make was valid. But since then you have tried to turn it into your own personal crusade to rid the forum of part of what makes this a balanced and adult forum. You are no better than the radical religious nutters

/rant <- Ryan thats an IT joke. It relates to HTML tags.

Ph2.5 Nile - Slowly trying to de-East London it and restore to former glory...
Built on the 9 Febuary 1999 - Tuesday's car..is full of pace? Wink

Currently looking slightly molested due to some c*nt trying to get into it.. Sad

According to the forum Social Worker, because I work in IT, I am socially retarted..
Posted 7th Nov 2011 at 15:43
zedx19

Seasoned Pro

Post #45
Glad I bought some popcorn earlier today...

149bhp ATW stripped GTi-6 & B6 Passat TDi daily drive
--------------------------------------------------
HyperGTi-6.co.uk - Videos and PicturesHyper
Posted 7th Nov 2011 at 15:58
ryangti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #46
zedx19 wrote:

You wont need it, well not for me arguing as I already said in my last reply to Owain, I cant be bothered arguing about what someone may or may not assume about me.

My response to the above is simple, I didnt say anything about you so there's no need to take offence just because I was trying to wind someone up.
Me making a joke about IT tech's doesnt really make me a religious radical does it?, I cast a line whilst making my other points to him and he bit, it's what he usually does to others so I found it funny to do the same.

I've told Owain in previous comments that on a lot of fronts I think his sense of humour is brilliant, his project thread is second to none so it's not as if I cant see he does bring good to the forum. What he's been doing lately though, things like on this thread simply make the forum shit, it doesnt contribute anything at all and when new members see established member's acting like that what hope is there?

I work with children for a living seeing as you asked, I work with mainly underprivileged kids through youth clubs etc, trying to help them stay on the right track in life and fit into society. I'm also currently doing a degree to allow me to either be a manager in that area or go into probation or something similar.

At the end of the day you probably think doing my job would be shit but I find it rewarding and fun, you obviously enjoy your job where as I would find it boring. I'm not ignorant to things infact I'm a very openminded person, you have to be to do what I do. It was just a joke.

On the subject of jokes, how does your one work?

It reads to me that something is smaller than me...

Ryan
Posted 7th Nov 2011 at 17:11
ballardpaul

Seasoned Pro

Post #47
zedx19 wrote:

Looking for this

Phase 2 Blaze GTi 6 (Standard) Sold
Phase 3 Supercharged China GTi 6 (249.8 BHP) Sold
Phase 3 Supercharged Diablo GTi 6 (443 BHP)Sold
Nissan 350Z (300 BHP)
Posted 7th Nov 2011 at 17:20
sharvey44

Senior User

Post #48
ryangti6 wrote:

.... enter opinionated view here ....

For someone who works in, for want of a better phrase, social services, you have some very opinionated views of people. I hope that during your university education that this might change not only to help make you a better person but for all those underpriviledged young adults that you are trying to set on the right track.

Thumbs up

Ph2.5 Nile - Slowly trying to de-East London it and restore to former glory...
Built on the 9 Febuary 1999 - Tuesday's car..is full of pace? Wink

Currently looking slightly molested due to some c*nt trying to get into it.. Sad

According to the forum Social Worker, because I work in IT, I am socially retarted..
Posted 7th Nov 2011 at 17:48
atterz

Seasoned Pro

Post #49
Big grin This place reminds me of work!

owain wrote:
A GTI-6 with a good dashboard and the seats down can outsprint an E46 M3 in July.
Posted 7th Nov 2011 at 17:55
ryangti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #50
sharvey44 wrote:
ryangti6 wrote:

.... enter opinionated view here ....

For someone who works in, for want of a better phrase, social services, you have some very opinionated views of people. I hope that during your university education that this might change not only to help make you a better person but for all those underpriviledged young adults that you are trying to set on the right track.

Thumbs up

How am I overly opinionated exactly? Everyone has an opinon but me expressing mine isnt the problem here that I see. From what I can gather your whole point is about my comment where I referred to the stereotype of IT tech's, it wasnt my opinion being expressed.
Owain brushed it off and called it a 90's stereotype so I asked him how exactly has that changed and said that in my opinion it had probably got worse so i.e it's a more common stereotype now than in the 90's.

I will tell you though by some of your actual comments and the fact you clearly have absolutly no sense of humour you, along with Owain are actually making me think there could well be a reason for the stereotype.

Ryan
Posted 7th Nov 2011 at 18:57

Pages (4): 1 [2] 3 .. last