displaying posts 1 to 12 of 12

Author Subject: Movember
jc

Regular

Post #1
Hi Guys,

Please take the time to read this,I'm doing it for a great cause Wink

It’s Movember, the month formerly known as November, now dedicated to growing moustaches and raising awareness and funds for men’s health; specifically prostate and testicular cancer. I’m donating my top lip to the cause for 30 days in an effort to help change the face of men’s health. My Mo will spark conversations, and no doubt generate some laughs; all in the name of raising vital awareness and funds for cancer’s affecting men.

Why am I concerned about men’s health?
*1 in 9 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in their lifetime
*This year 37,000 new cases of the disease will be diagnosed
*1 in 2 men will be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime
*26% of men are less likely to go the doctor compared to women

I invite you to join me by registering to grow or by donating to my support of the Mo http://www.movember.com/m/1327634

If you want to go old school you can write a cheque payable to “Movember”, reference my name and Registration Number 1327634 and send it to: Movember Europe, PO Box 68600, London, EC1P 1EF

Funds raised will help make a tangible difference to the lives of others. Through the Movember Foundation and our men’s health partners, The Prostate Cancer Charity and The Institute of Cancer Research, Movember is funding world class awareness, research, educational and support programs which would otherwise not be possible.

For more details on how the funds raised from previous campaigns have been used and the impact Movember is having please click on the links below:
About Movember
Prostate cancer genome mapping
Prostate Cancer Foundation research
Global Action Plan

Thank you in advance for helping me change the face of men's health.

Justin Claxton

My Mo Space: http://www.movember.com/m/1327634

Posted 1st Nov 2011 at 09:23
grumpychef

The Rib Man

Post #2
started this today too! ....... hey gringo.......... i'm hoping i don't get a visit from my manager as i caused a cafufffle last year as we are sooooo customer facing it didn't seem appropriate?

Formally team BLAZE now Team bianca recuperating from multiple organ failure nicely!
items replaced so far, clutch, cambelt etc, radiator, exhaust, most of front running gear, wish bones, drop links, ball joints, track rod ends, bearings, brakes, calipers, discs, and pads, brake lines, front springs, brake balance compensator thingy, hand brake cable, throttle cable (twice), coil pack, door handle, windscreen, wipers, head lamps several sensors and bulbs Dry .rear beam new throttle cable, new battery. .......... yeah man, team money pit! but shes still rollin!

Posted 1st Nov 2011 at 20:00
jc

Regular

Post #3
Lol Big grin

I don't think my boss will mind,in fact I think he's more interested to see if I can actually grow a decent tash as my beard growing skills are pretty weak! Crazy

Posted 2nd Nov 2011 at 00:15
brownboy

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
grumpychef wrote:
started this today too! ....... hey gringo.......... i'm hoping i don't get a visit from my manager as i caused a cafufffle last year as we are sooooo customer facing it didn't seem appropriate?

who do you work for grumpychef??
Posted 2nd Nov 2011 at 06:23
AndyJ

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
I just don't grow any facial hair, except a bit of stubble on my chin. It's rediculous! Did anyone see the programme on tv, last nigt, with the bird with the beard? I was well jelous! LOL

For we are many.

PS£ ID: Monkey369

Posted 2nd Nov 2011 at 07:37
arigti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
A good mate is doing this. Fair play to you Big grin

I Live for the 306 Ninja

TEAM CHERRY PINK RALLYE
2008 BMW ///M 320d
Posted 3rd Nov 2011 at 19:58
AndyJ

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
A 'good' mate Hmm

For we are many.

PS£ ID: Monkey369

Posted 3rd Nov 2011 at 20:37
jc

Regular

Post #8
Nobody else getting involved in this then?

Mines coming along nicley now,think I'll leave it until the end of next week before I shave to tash spec though.....

Posted 6th Nov 2011 at 13:18
SteviePut

Seasoned Pro

Post #9
jc wrote:
Nobody else getting involved in this then?

Mines coming along nicley now,think I'll leave it until the end of next week before I shave to tash spec though.....

When does it start?

My old man wrote me a letter from prison once. It said if you don't want to end up in here, stay away from crime, women and drugs. Trouble is, that don't leave you much else to do, does it?
Posted 6th Nov 2011 at 13:32
gtisid

Seasoned Pro

Post #10
seem to be a lot doing it, but surely just growing a beard is no good unless you get someone to sponsor you?
loads doing it including match of the day lot who looked like a bunch of homeless drunks last night.

tried it in the past but after a week it gets on my tits and irritates me more than the wife

pugless
Phase 1 GTI 6 1996-1997
Subaru Impreza GB270 2007-2008
rare spiderman comics
same day international courier
Posted 6th Nov 2011 at 13:39
billyboy99

Seasoned Pro

Post #11
yea i dont understand how this is for charity either. people just doing it for a laugh/fad...where is the money being made or donations being given...either way all those on here saying they are doing it, show us a pics of those beauties...

EDIT: ignore above, sorry just read OP...lol...anyhoo show us ur tashes. whoever has the best ones will get a donation from me
Posted 7th Nov 2011 at 16:22
ballardpaul

Seasoned Pro

Post #12
Im not doing it for donations but always grow one in November just to show support. The reason I don't collect anything is because my birthday falls near the end of the month and I always get rid of it for that as I normally go away for the weekend. Lame excuse I know, I can't grow much of one anyway LOL

Phase 2 Blaze GTi 6 (Standard) Sold
Phase 3 Supercharged China GTi 6 (249.8 BHP) Sold
Phase 3 Supercharged Diablo GTi 6 (443 BHP)Sold
Nissan 350Z (300 BHP)
Posted 7th Nov 2011 at 17:08