displaying posts 1 to 4 of 4

Author Subject: Another thanks :rolleyes
mattgti6phase2

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Ok so this morning I got up at 8:30 watched the Indian f1 with the mrs and the little man (good times) pretty good race apart from Lewis Hamilton is beginning to get on my tits! Anyway f1 finishes and it's time to visit my parents.

Off i go outside to the 6 and i start her up as usual and have a smoke whilst she warms her lubricants. The next thing i know it starts sounding properly like a scooby!!! I looked inside the car and the speedo along with the rev counter keep going up and down whilst the mileage clock flickers uncontrollably.

At this point i pretty much shat my pants! I gave her a rev and it was missing all through the rev range. My initial thought was oh no my HG! Cry then i thought no it can't be, pull yourself together Matt!!!! So i unplugged the ecu temp sensor and it got considerably worse (result).

So on to the injectors i unplugged them individually and it made the old girl run even worse until the last one i unplugged made no difference (cylinder 1) hmmm Dunno could this be an injector fault? Hang on what's that smell? Neat fuel! Yes!
So i concluded it was a coil pack at fault.

Anyway after a little cry to the mrs i continued my 2 mile journey to my parents house on 3 cylinders, terrible no power at all. On arrival my friend Chris was waiting for me (honestly3k) so we drew for our tools and lifted the bonnet. Out
comes coil pack #1 also thought i would check the plug just in case even though they are 3 days old. Anyway all appears fine.

Chris as your here can i use your coil pack as a tester? Yes in it goes start her up and she is once sounding beautiful again Thumbs up I'm so glad it's just a coil pack.

So I'm the type of person where if something goes wrong i have to sort it there and then! Can't help it. Anyway quick phone call to (stuwee1983) and he confirms he has a few spare packs WHOOP WHOOP I'm off Superman on arrival to Stuarts we say our hellos before our journey begins to Enfield in his P1 diablo, might i add it's an R plate P1 mine is also an R but P2 Crazy

Anyway a quick m25 dash and we arrive at his warehouse full of 6 goodies along with a cheeky P1 sigma S16 on bodies tucked up in the corner looking lonely for winter. She sounded awesome before the decision to store her came along. Off we go coil pack in hand back to sunny St Albans to revive my beast!

Coil pack fitted and wheeeeeey she runs perfect. My old one had become dis coloured and cracked in multiple places fook knows how or why. I'm now happy again Smile

I would just like to say a massive thanks to Stuart for supplying me with another pack, and for letting me persuade him in to leaving his mrs on a Sunday afternoon to help me (TOP BLOKE!)

Essay over thanks again. Big grin

Team Nile 6 Superman
Team: 40.2 MPG Smile
5 x a 306 owner!
currently abusing type r's in a town near you ™ Wink
I truely live for the 306 ®
Build date: 29th October 1997 Wednesday's car
midweek madness Tee hee
Posted 30th Oct 2011 at 18:48
Stuwee

Senior User

Post #2
Cheers Matt.

As said before you "LIVE FOR THE 306"LOL

I must remember to keep some coil packs at my house now just in case 2,3 and 4 go Whistle

Ph1 Cossack 6

Posted 30th Oct 2011 at 20:21
mattgti6phase2

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
stuwee1983 wrote:
Cheers Matt.

As said before you "LIVE FOR THE 306"LOL

I must remember to keep some coil packs at my house now just in case 2,3 and 4 go Whistle

haha i think i do Hmm

fook me i hope they dont go!!! anyway you say i live for the 306 yet you have 2 complete engines, a bodied s16 1 xsi and 2 6's LOL

*edit* and a hdi wagon.

Team Nile 6 Superman
Team: 40.2 MPG Smile
5 x a 306 owner!
currently abusing type r's in a town near you ™ Wink
I truely live for the 306 ®
Build date: 29th October 1997 Wednesday's car
midweek madness Tee hee
Posted 30th Oct 2011 at 20:27
Stuwee

Senior User

Post #4
Don't forget the 850 T5LOL

Yes i do live for the 306, a gluten for punishment.......

Ph1 Cossack 6

Posted 30th Oct 2011 at 21:00