displaying posts 26 to 36 of 36

Pages (2): 1 [2]

Author Subject: how hard is a gti6 cambelt to do!!!!!!
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #26
Drunken, illiterate noobs posting bololox at 1AM Roll eyes "so called tuners" ffs

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Some of my services: (See my for sale threads)
Engine mount/chassis repair
Solid Beam Mounts BACK IN PRODUCTION
Harness bars
Posted 31st Oct 2011 at 10:25
b11 bob Banned!

Post #27
daveyboy wrote:
Drunken, illiterate noobs posting bololox at 1AM :rollleyes "so called tuners" ffs

Sober actually unless you got something constructive to say other than Bololox i suggest you refrain from commenting but if you are a fan of a so called tuner please express your opinion on him otherwise carry on with in your own words with bololox which may be the limit of your interlect.
Have a nice day

205 GTI6 235 bhp at 7400 rpm
Posted 31st Oct 2011 at 10:54
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #28
b11 bob wrote:
the limit of your interlect

Fantastic irony. Mate seriously - you have as much right to come onto this forum and vent your anger about "bad tuners" as anyone, but this is not the thread for it - go start another one of your own if you like.

Carl is not some unscrupulous Jap car tuner who promises a million horsepower from an engine then leaves the country when it explodes, this thread is about a cambelt. In your own "words" - unless you have something constructive to say I suggest you refrain from commenting.

Membership expiring soon, get in contact on our new little forum project.
Posted 31st Oct 2011 at 11:02
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #29
I'm impartial to be honest, Carl has happy customers and unhappy customers, so do I, so does everyone who ever sold/serviced anything for any length of time. I personally don't think that an open forum is the place to resolve customer complaints or raise them for that matter. There are always two sides to each story and mistakes do happen, how we deal with the resultant fallout is where things get complicated and separate the good from the bad. Jumping on here and generalising about all mechanics won't help anything get sorted. There have been a few threads over the years by disgruntled customers, it never seems to help the situation. In short, cambelts aren't that hard to fit, mistakes easily happen though and previous history such as head skims, dodgy timing marks, and slipping crank pulleys all conspire to catch you out. Coming on here to slate people in general, especially when done in the ridiculous way you attempted just solves nothing, hence my less than complimentary summary of your internez skillz, now GTFO

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Harness bars
Posted 31st Oct 2011 at 12:26
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #30
By the way, bololox was not a typo, I was actually laughing out loud at your seamless, unpunctuated rant and wanted to find a word that combined my assesment of the content and my reaction to it in one Wink

Harness bars
Posted 31st Oct 2011 at 12:29
yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #31
owain wrote:
What just happened?!

I suspect this thread should probably just be locked before it turns into "one of those".

I started it and agree. While I am not happy I accept Daveys points and some of Carls. I just voiced my disappointment after defending him on many previous occasions.. admin please lock...?? it was never my intention to enter into a he said they said etc.

306 less for first time in nearly 7 years. Lets keep it that way... please refuse any offers i make to buy your 306 ( doctors letter supplied by request)

Marmite and cheese sandwiches anyone???

Burns and Mcrae will be forever missed.
x box "yippeekayaymofo"
Posted 31st Oct 2011 at 12:50
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #32
Just click "Report this thread" below, it'll auto-lock when it gets to five.

Posted 31st Oct 2011 at 12:56
rikky 🦔

Post #33
sometimes what i like to do when i have a bad experience with someone is to find a picture of them from google and have a big banner made, no smaller than 6ft x 6ft, and drive up and down the country for weeks on end armed with a megaphone screaming "this guy cost me £50"

seems to work wonders

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 31st Oct 2011 at 13:11
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #34
rikky wrote:
find a picture of them from google and have a big banner made

Well I googled "rikky" and this came up, so can only assume it's you. Does anyone know someone who makes banners? Dunno

Posted 31st Oct 2011 at 13:14
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #35
owain wrote:
rikky wrote:
find a picture of them from google and have a big banner made

Well I googled "rikky" and this came up, so can only assume it's you. Does anyone know someone who makes banners? Dunno

Captain Jack Sparrow really has let himself go Sad

Harness bars
Posted 31st Oct 2011 at 14:20
720puggti

Seasoned Pro

Post #36
^^^ I know that guy, and his name is not Rikky....

Deepak Gohil

Posted 31st Oct 2011 at 16:48

Pages (2): 1 [2]