displaying posts 1 to 19 of 19

Author Subject: hey newbi here
woking rob

Post #1
hello every 1
iv just gone and got my first gti6 Big grin its not on the road yet as the post office was shut and the new bloodly road laws he had to take it off the road :'( but its got 12 months mot its a lil tatty and not on the standard wheels, so im gonna give it a good freshen up over the next few months (if i dont get to excited with it and tune it insted LOL ) its a blaze ph2 and tbh i love the thing already, y im freshening it up wot mods shall i do (polly bujshes ect) i wanna lower it on a nice dark set of cyclones, and prob get the alacantra seats and stuff but when i get to tunning im gonna want a nice lairy cam (best i can with out itb ) full decat exhaust ported tb and sone sort of inducton kit coz i can tell already its not how fast they go but how much u dont need to slow them down, i look foward to talking to u all and meeting some of u getting ur commets and wot u all think, will get pics up soon rob
Posted 16th Oct 2011 at 14:53
ian7675

Techno Viking

Post #2
No need to mod it as it's a great car, just replace with standard suspension parts so it's nice and fresh. Induction kit is pointless really unless you just want a different sound.

Welcome BTW Thumbs up

Less than 24 hours to go!
Posted 16th Oct 2011 at 14:55
woking rob

Post #3
its gd to b here Big grin
i will probaly b doing a few track days next year so would like it all to b nice a tight, but i no its a wicked car str8 outta the box, its got some silly noisy filter on it, i would like a standard box but seems hard to find,
Posted 16th Oct 2011 at 15:08
mr west

Senior User

Post #4
Welcome, big cams need piston mods butcan get some good mild ones and a remap

white rallye
cherry dead rallye
s16
Posted 16th Oct 2011 at 15:18
woking rob

Post #5
is there enough meat to make the mods on standard pistons? i dont really wanna go that far with modding tbh but a mild cam would b fine anyway Smile
Posted 16th Oct 2011 at 15:28
grumpychef

The Rib Man

Post #6
welcome aboard!

top tip though; ......... try and use correct english: coz ny1 will tell ya leet speak isn't very popuar here! innit m8!
lots of good advice on here and cracking banter (sometimes) but it will only be a matter of time before to speeling and grammar police swoop down on you! Whistle

oh and blaze is by far the best colour other than bianca! Wink

Formally team BLAZE now Team bianca recuperating from multiple organ failure nicely!
items replaced so far, clutch, cambelt etc, radiator, exhaust, most of front running gear, wish bones, drop links, ball joints, track rod ends, bearings, brakes, calipers, discs, and pads, brake lines, front springs, brake balance compensator thingy, hand brake cable, throttle cable (twice), coil pack, door handle, windscreen, wipers, head lamps several sensors and bulbs Dry .rear beam new throttle cable, new battery. .......... yeah man, team money pit! but shes still rollin!

Posted 16th Oct 2011 at 15:32
woking rob

Post #7
hahaha ok, im just use to it, i will try my best not to but bad habbits stick, i think cherry red but i got a bargain (£600) so couldnt really say no, does anyone know wot 106 gti seats look like in a 306? as my old 106 use to hold u in better, and i could get it all matching, so is polly bushes and stiffier mounts a no no?
Posted 16th Oct 2011 at 15:38
woking rob

Post #8
ohh yeah and is it possable to get rid of the abs and ac?
Posted 16th Oct 2011 at 15:51
footah212

Senior User

Post #9
Wave

Hello.

Phase 2 Blaze GTi6

PS3 - Black Ops 2

Engine crane for hire Renfrewshire
Posted 16th Oct 2011 at 15:58
ian7675

Techno Viking

Post #10
woking rob wrote:
ohh yeah and is it possable to get rid of the abs and ac?

AC definitely but I don't know about the ABS, is that what you prefer for track is it?

If you want an original air filter housing then a few members on here break cars.

Less than 24 hours to go!
Posted 16th Oct 2011 at 16:01
woking rob

Post #11
yh will have to get chatting to some ppl and i would think so, but i was thinking more waight loss
Posted 16th Oct 2011 at 16:13
woking rob

Post #12
footah212 wrote:
Wave

Hello.

hello Thumbs up
Posted 16th Oct 2011 at 16:14
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #13
Not sure why deleting ABS is a good idea (except maybe track cars). One of the reasons I got a 306 was because it does have ABS.

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 16th Oct 2011 at 16:17
woking rob

Post #14
i will b doing track days in it, and i no how to brake so abs aint to much of a problem tbh
Posted 16th Oct 2011 at 16:24
mr west

Senior User

Post #15
You can have standard pistons pocketed, not sure where,would like to know myself. I currently run piper 270 cams on otherwise standard engine

white rallye
cherry dead rallye
s16
Posted 16th Oct 2011 at 17:50
cadz39

Regular

Post #16
Welcome Rob, From Woking hay I'm just down the road from you, based in Pirbright.
Posted 16th Oct 2011 at 17:59
7057sam

Seasoned Pro

Post #17
GET A PIC UP
Hello and welcome,i'm now refurbing a set of cyclones i ford graphite grey,you interested?

Rallye build: 11 November 1998 - a Wednesday
Team rallye,built for track
----Click this if you like rallyes

Rallye dead Sad
Secret Team Astor...
Posted 16th Oct 2011 at 18:20
woking rob

Post #18
7057sam wrote:
GET A PIC UP
Hello and welcome,i'm now refurbing a set of cyclones i ford graphite grey,you interested?

Yh I would, how much was u thinking?
I will get pics up soon, I'm just on my phone at the momunt, its a bit tatty and iv noticed today the the tc light is always on and the abs doesn't work :s any1 have any cluse? Not that I mind the let off oversteer is wicked and I love trying to get over a inside wheel loking up into a bend down a b road,

Hey mate yh perbright is like 5 minutes down the road..... Bet u have fun down perbright bends, we will have to meet up soon....
And I no a really good little place to get it done, its in perbright as well, its called rowlands would really recomend them

Nice to talk to a good friendly bunch of ppl Big grin
Posted 17th Oct 2011 at 20:16
arigti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #19
Welcome Rob Wave

AC removal is a good idea if you want to track the Pug, get a Rallye aux setup(Parts For Sale) - sorted!
As said we need some pics of the Blaze. Yes

There is a great bunch on here and we love banter but keep it clean Wink

I Live for the 306 Ninja

TEAM CHERRY PINK RALLYE
2008 BMW ///M 320d
Posted 18th Oct 2011 at 20:14