displaying posts 1 to 5 of 5

Author Subject: my other project
cappy01

Regular

Post #1
i am currently sat at home really bored so i thought i would share some pics of another 1 of my projects. sorry its not pug!

here she is just after i bought her when we went on the blackpool run. it is a genuine 1275 gt with 29000 miles on it.

then we knew it needed a little work but ended up having new floors rite through. new scuttle panel. new rear valence. i couldnt get genuine wings so they were rebuilt with a spot welder an ground down to get rid of pitting.
it was then painted with house of colours purple blue (most expensive part) with mercedes sl silver roof, seam strips an arch spats. on the roof we added a blue tint to set it off in the sun.

so here i am with it going back together ready to sell it to claw back some money for my ralley.

heres the spec

1275gt with ported and polished head
single inch & 3/4 carb
stage 2 exhaust
adjustable hi-lo's
adjustable spax gas shockers.
Posted 30th Sep 2011 at 22:42
cwspellowe

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Was the mini run within the last few months? Can't remember exactly when but when I was visiting family in Blackpool I saw loads of mini's in convoy, guessing for that?

Bye bye Sundance Kid Sad
Posted 1st Oct 2011 at 11:09
cappy01

Regular

Post #3
yeah would have been around august some time i think. that was taken 3 years ago, it sat in the corner of the workshop for about 2 years waiting to be painted. when we went i reckon the would have been close to a thousand minis, it was packed
Posted 1st Oct 2011 at 13:14
coskev

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Lovely old bin Cool

Had a dark brown GT when I was 19.

Nice colour but I think I would have kept it orig colour with that mileage on the clock.Smile

Red GTB1756 powered Fabia VRS daily driver,LBSC Gti6 eater........

Mac1 ZR R1 kit car build in progress.
Posted 1st Oct 2011 at 20:19
cappy01

Regular

Post #5
coskev wrote:
Lovely old bin Cool

Had a dark brown GT when I was 19.

Nice colour but I think I would have kept it orig colour with that mileage on the clock.Smile

yeah i should have really its knocked around 2k off the price i would say
Posted 1st Oct 2011 at 22:38