matt.gti6

Regular

Post #1
now sold
Posted 26th Sep 2011 at 19:12
rallyeash

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
what power did this setup make? im looking out for a second hand charger kit for my latest purchase

230 hp 2.1 16v XU 205 rallye on jenveysHyper Project thread here
309 3dr K20 Type R
Posted 26th Sep 2011 at 19:15
matt.gti6

Regular

Post #3

Hi Ash, I do not have a known bhp, but it has made a standard GTI6 feel very rapid, it feels like well over 200; I have taken people out in the car who are used to fast tuned cars and they were very (pleasantly) surprised with the acceleration and power of my car. A couple more pics are below...

Posted 26th Sep 2011 at 19:20
rallyeash

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
got any pics of the charge cooler rad? were you running the bosch injectors and pas relocation kit on the car i persume yes?

is this roberts_306 old s/c kit?

sorry for the questions but ive just bought a black gti6 which i plan on s/c'n over the winter months and weighing up this against a rich_w kit.

dont spose you would want all the standard stuff in px to put your car back standard?

230 hp 2.1 16v XU 205 rallye on jenveysHyper Project thread here
309 3dr K20 Type R
Posted 26th Sep 2011 at 20:30
matt.gti6

Regular

Post #5
Yes this is roberts_306 old kit.

I haven't got any pics of the radiator, I can get some tomorrow for you if you like? Its an off the shelf motorsport/tuning one, not a dodgy DIY job! From memory its not quite as wide as the engine radiator, about half the height of it, and about an inch thick, but I can measure tomorrow when I get pictures if you are interested. It goes in front of the standard (engine) radiator.

you will need the pas kit if you want to use your standard pas pump.

The bosch 440cc injectors I bought to fit and get the car remapped for a bit more power and improved performance - I would recommend that you get a remap at some point to be honest as the map wasn't perfect on my car, although I was told it was fine in roberts_306's car.

I still have all the standard parts from when I fitted it, but I would be keen to get a rallye aux setup (or any other compatible non Aircon xu engine) so that I can put the car back to standard with PAS pump at the top, and without having to refit the AC pump.
Posted 26th Sep 2011 at 21:36
matt.gti6

Regular

Post #6
bump - also check classifieds for the car itself (1999 silver gti6), for sale at £2750 for quick sale, worth more than this if you were to split it for parts, just haven't got space or time to do this!
Posted 28th Sep 2011 at 11:37
matt.gti6

Regular

Post #7
bump
Posted 3rd Oct 2011 at 08:55