displaying posts 1 to 14 of 14

Author Subject: Locking feedback threads
ryangti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
I was literally just replying to the "parts for sale" thread to click submit and find that the thread has been locked. No explanation has been given as to why and I cant see any obvious reasons myself.

I don't think a feedback thread should be getting locked myself especially when members are expressing their feelings about the new forum. Could you explain why this has happened?

This forum has really gone down hill Imo, the general "feeling" of it seems to have gone and everywhere I look all I'm reading is negative comments to the point now that numerous paying members want refunds, it's a sad state of affairs really considering what a good club it was.
Fair play to you for trying and I know you cant please everyone but why not just listen to what members want from the forum, after all they are your paying customers now effectively.
There is no doubt the club can be a massive help to it's members but for people like myself that very rarely ask for help and more often than not only post to try and help others it seems a bit silly that I would have to pay to do that now but as a non paying member I can view everything I would ever need to know about a 6 for free and could babble as much shit as I wanted in General/off topic (which was one thing people said they wanted to stop with a new forum and paying a fee). Perhaps simply giving the paying members the priveledge to start a new topic and non paying members reply only status would be more appropriate.

Ryan
Posted 26th Sep 2011 at 10:22
ryangti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Never mind, just seen your explanation on the other thread which I think says quite a lot about you!

Feedback section yet everyone needs to "stfu".... nice!

I think you need to go and have a chat to yourself in the corner.

Ryan
Posted 26th Sep 2011 at 10:24
RichardE

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
ryangti6 wrote:
Never mind, just seen your explanation on the other thread which I think says quite a lot about you!

Feedback section yet everyone needs to "stfu".... nice!

I think you need to go and have a chat to yourself in the corner.

+1.

I rarely post here these days ( Before the 'upgrade' ) and this will probably be my last post anyway.

The problem is, now people are paying, the game changes dramatically and they demand service and a voice.

Telling them to 'GTFO' or 'STFU' isnt really on at all, you should be ashamed.

You are coming accross as 'not being able to handle it' - especially now money is involved.
The upgrade was a balls up, it took far too long to complete (both times) and even now in the morning it doesnt work due to DNS issues.

I used to use this site a lot, I have even written an FAQ and now if I want 'full' membership I have to pay £20 a year?

At the dragons say in the den.... "I'm out"

Wave

Volvo XC60 SE Lux Premium AWD + Appearance Packs + Various Options
  • K&N Panel Filter
  • Polestar Tuning Chip
  • All Weather Tyres
  • (355BHP & 507NM Torque)

Posted 26th Sep 2011 at 10:33
    dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #4
    The only banter left on here nowadays is about the new site LOL

Really suprised how quiet it has become and how the atmosphere has really dropped Sad

The STFU comment is really out of order. This is now a business and should be treated as one and listening to your customers will 'pay off'.

• Senior Test Automation Engineer for the 306GTi6 Owners Club Forum Wizard

• Posted 26th Sep 2011 at 10:45
    captainash Admin

Post #5
    The reason I'm locking threads is that I don't need page after page of people making the same point. There's been some genuinely valuable feedback and I'll be working for several months to get everything done.

However, the same points are being raised over and over again, and each time I have been patiently explaining what's happening ... the forum is a constant work in progress and always will be.

I've spent 9 years working on this site, so yes, I'm going to respond in a certain way when people attack me, my work and this website. No Rich, I'm not ashamed. Put yourself in my situation.

The phrase "if it ain't broke" has come up numerous times lately. I could have left the site alone back in 2004, we had such awesomely useful tools as the ModGuide, Ask The Oracle and that wheel selector thing. It worked, and everyone loved it. It wasn't broke, but I wanted to improve it, so I did. And it worked. The site got better.

The wheel selector thing is no more, the ModGuide is no more, The Oracle drives a Porsche now. Things progress. I tried to make this website better. In some ways it is, and in some ways it isn't. If me attempting to improve this website has offended you greatly, then I apologise and, as clearly stated, am more than happy to refund your membership.

However, stick with the club, and you can help make it better still.

quote:
    Ash is in charge, from afar
    Posted 26th Sep 2011 at 10:50
    captainash Admin

Post #6
    [thread tactfully staying open]

quote:
    Posted 26th Sep 2011 at 10:51
    paul_13

Senior User

Post #7
    Refund please

205 GTI6- Rebuilt engine, lightened flywheel, lightened pulley, 307 hdi brakes, Koni struts on gravel spec springs, 22mm TB's, 24mm ARB, Roll cage, Citreon ZX rear dampers, SL434's, Xsara box, Quickrack, Pipercross enclosed induction kit. Smile

Private work, not a prob Smile
    Posted 26th Sep 2011 at 11:15
    ballardpaul

Seasoned Pro

Post #8
    I can't believe how childish some of you are being, Ash is obviously working on improvements, do you really think he would just lock feedback threads and do nothing about them. I can't believe how ungrateful some members are being, at the end of the day does it really matter if it takes a few weeks for this site to be finished and at a level where everyone is happy! No it doesn't, so in the meantime show a bit of respect Thumbs up

I love this site like everybody else, and would be a real shame to lose it's members so just give it some time.

Phase 2 Blaze GTi 6 (Standard) Sold
    Phase 3 Supercharged China GTi 6 (249.8 BHP) Sold
    Phase 3 Supercharged Diablo GTi 6 (443 BHP)Sold
    Nissan 350Z (300 BHP)
    Posted 26th Sep 2011 at 11:38
    dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #9
    With all the negative feelings towards the parts for sale section change, is it going back to how it was or not? LOL

• Senior Test Automation Engineer for the 306GTi6 Owners Club Forum Wizard

• Posted 26th Sep 2011 at 12:05
    footah212

Senior User

Post #10
    ballardpaul wrote:
    I can't believe how childish some of you are being, Ash is obviously working on improvements, do you really think he would just lock feedback threads and do nothing about them. I can't believe how ungrateful some members are being, at the end of the day does it really matter if it takes a few weeks for this site to be finished and at a level where everyone is happy! No it doesn't, so in the meantime show a bit of respect Thumbs up

I love this site like everybody else, and would be a real shame to lose it's members so just give it some time.

+1

Phase 2 Blaze GTi6

PS3 - Black Ops 2

Engine crane for hire Renfrewshire
    Posted 26th Sep 2011 at 13:02
    rikky 🦔

Post #11
    any chance we can replace the Verdana/main body font with Comic Sans? i think it will really liven things up

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
    306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
    gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
    winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
    Posted 26th Sep 2011 at 13:16
    cwspellowe

Seasoned Pro

Post #12
    Just to add, I don't like the parts for sale changes.

If it ain't broke...

*runs and hides*

Bye bye Sundance Kid Sad
    Posted 26th Sep 2011 at 17:05
    captainash Admin

Post #13
    rikky wrote:
    any chance we can replace the Verdana/main body font with Comic Sans? i think it will really liven things up

Laugh

quote:
    Posted 26th Sep 2011 at 22:05
    cwspellowe

Seasoned Pro

Post #14
    rikky wrote:

Dry

Ban?

Bye bye Sundance Kid Sad
    Posted 26th Sep 2011 at 23:21