displaying posts 1 to 3 of 3

Author Subject: 307 hdi please help
6waysforward

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Ok fella's the mrs has got a 307 hdi 90. A few weeks ago we left the car ticking over for 15 mins or so. Then when we went to pull away the car revved it nuts off for 3 seconds or so and kicked out smoke.
Anyways today i used it and got stuck in loads of slow moving traffic and it did the same thing again, plooms of some and revving its nuts off. Then it drove fine for 5 mins and did it again this time lots and lots of smoke.

Now it sounds like its thrown a blade or the turbo bearings have gone as it rattles its nuts off when you rev it and there is hardly any boost.

What could be the high revving problem, turbo, actuator getting stuck open, fueling problem??

I dont have much experience with hdi's so any advice would be great, thanks.

***Breaking*** Ph3 Silver GTI 6 High Boost Superman

Posted 24th Sep 2011 at 12:55
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #2
probably running on its own oil, i would not run the engine again till its diagmosed, if the turbo seals have gone and enough oil is sucked in itll just rev on its own till it goes bang and theres nothing you can do to stop it if that does happen....

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 24th Sep 2011 at 16:56
6waysforward

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Well its defently new turbo time as you can hear the lack of bearing when the car is started.
Thanks for you help. Smile

***Breaking*** Ph3 Silver GTI 6 High Boost Superman

Posted 24th Sep 2011 at 17:40