displaying posts 1 to 4 of 4

Author Subject: Just bought the wife a 206 1.6 hdi
matt evans

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
I have been looking to replace Mrs Evans's lightly modified Focus 2.0 for the last few months, and she had settled on either a 206 hdi or 207 hdi.

Most 207's within budget had done loads of miles and were quite tatty, so we went to look at a 55 reg 206 1.6 hdi 110bhp this morning, just round the corner. Quicksilver spec, so its "almost" like a GTi.

I was pleasantly suprised with how nippy it was, low miles and in reasonable nick, so we left a deposit, collecting next friday.

I'm aware that the 1.6's have the dreaded DPF filter on them ,and was wondering if anyones got any experiences of having the dpf filter removed and remapping the car at the same time?

1999 Astor Grey GTi-6 OEM+ (now gone...)
2004 Aegean Blue 206 GTi 180 (also gone...)
2006 Skoda Fabia vRS in Sprint Yellow

honestly3k wrote:
Do you wrestle for a living matt? You sound like a monster LOL

owain wrote:
Nothing involving a 306 can be considered worthwhile.

Posted 18th Sep 2011 at 13:52
cwspellowe

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
It can be done, a lot of people try and tell you the DPF can't be bypassed but it can, just need to speak to the right mappers

IIRC a stage 1 remap should see you about 140bhp and a useable amount of torque

Bye bye Sundance Kid Sad
Posted 18th Sep 2011 at 14:03
smegal

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Speak to Mabz at NV motorsport.

Ex SC-6

Now in a Megane R26
Posted 18th Sep 2011 at 14:53
Lecktorious

aka G.

Post #4
matt evans wrote:
I have been looking to replace Mrs Evans's lightly modified Focus 2.0 for the last few months, and she had settled on either a 206 hdi or 207 hdi.

Most 207's within budget had done loads of miles and were quite tatty, so we went to look at a 55 reg 206 1.6 hdi 110bhp this morning, just round the corner. Quicksilver spec, so its "almost" like a GTi.

I was pleasantly suprised with how nippy it was, low miles and in reasonable nick, so we left a deposit, collecting next friday.

I'm aware that the 1.6's have the dreaded DPF filter on them ,and was wondering if anyones got any experiences of having the dpf filter removed and remapping the car at the same time?

I had the exact model you have bought, and when it went wrong (which it did quite often) it was expensive to fix.

If you are going to be removing the DPF, you will need to have your ECU file altered to remove the DPF rengeration proces AFTER the filter has been removed.

Make sure your mapper doesn't increase the torque too much as it will kill the clutch and DMF.

Electro-hydraulic PS pump is prone to failure as the wires used are copper coated and not solid copper. £500 + Dealer only part believe it or not Roll eyes

Brackets supporting the back box are rubbish too, can't be replaced without buying an entire new back box.

That said it was pokey enough in standard guise, good on fuel and cheap to tax and insure and if you've got a good one I'm sure it'll be fine (I bought mine from Arnold Clark Whistle ). If you've bought from a Dealership at least that way you have some form of comeback if it all goes Pete Tong Wink

'98 Nile Blue 306 GTi 6
Posted 18th Sep 2011 at 15:02