displaying posts 26 to 49 of 49

Pages (2): 1 [2]

Author Subject: The decline of the GTi-6 / Rallye
cwspellowe

Seasoned Pro

Location: Calderbank

Registered: 19 Jul 2009

Posts: 6,496

Status: Offline

Post #26
jammamayhew wrote:
Good read.

"The following graph shows the numbers of both cars in the UK, and a shocking reminder that at the current rate of decline, there will be no 306 GTi-6 or Rallye left by 2017."



Disagree. As with all cars the number will decline over time. The fewer the cars available the slower the %decline. The graph will slowly level off and so there will still be plenty of GTi6's and Rallye's available in 2017. What the graph does show that in the last 10 years, since discontinuation of the 306, the number has halved roughly. And so in the next 10 years (2021) it's likely to half again, ie there is looking to be around 125 rallyes from the 500 made and around 1000 GTi6's from the 4500 made (all approx). Then in 2031 it will half again. roughly 60 rallyes and 500 GTi6's still on the roads.

All graphs usually have a trend and this graph shows that although both have taken the plunge, it's also showing it's levelling off slowly

Geek


You missed one important bit of information:

quote:
at the current rate of decline,


Douchebag.

________________________________________

Bye bye Sundance Kid Sad
Posted 12th Sep 2011 at 21:11
musclebeach

Seasoned Pro

Location: Yorkshire

Registered: 13 Aug 2006

Posts: 7,763

Status: Offline

Post #27
Definite geek mode there.......you in analytics for a career by any chance? If not you're in the wrong job kidda!

________________________________________

VW Golf GT TDI 115, 100k nooooooooooooooooooooo!

Posted 12th Sep 2011 at 21:31
marco gti6

Seasoned Pro

Location: Troisvierges

Registered: 09 Mar 2009

Posts: 1,350

Status: Offline

Post #28
cwspellowe wrote:
jammamayhew wrote:
Good read.

"The following graph shows the numbers of both cars in the UK, and a shocking reminder that at the current rate of decline, there will be no 306 GTi-6 or Rallye left by 2017."



Disagree. As with all cars the number will decline over time. The fewer the cars available the slower the %decline. The graph will slowly level off and so there will still be plenty of GTi6's and Rallye's available in 2017. What the graph does show that in the last 10 years, since discontinuation of the 306, the number has halved roughly. And so in the next 10 years (2021) it's likely to half again, ie there is looking to be around 125 rallyes from the 500 made and around 1000 GTi6's from the 4500 made (all approx). Then in 2031 it will half again. roughly 60 rallyes and 500 GTi6's still on the roads.

All graphs usually have a trend and this graph shows that although both have taken the plunge, it's also showing it's levelling off slowly

Geek


You missed one important bit of information:

quote:
at the current rate of decline,


Douchebag.


LOL LOL
Posted 12th Sep 2011 at 21:53
marco gti6

Seasoned Pro

Location: Troisvierges

Registered: 09 Mar 2009

Posts: 1,350

Status: Offline

Post #29
So Ash do you know by any chance if the Rallyes were only sold in the UK? As i never saw any in France, Germany, Belgium, Luxembourg or Portugal. So i suppose it was a UK model only? Something like the PH1 106 Rallye 2 that only came out in Portugal? Where did you sourced the figures for the graph if you don't mind me asking?
Posted 12th Sep 2011 at 21:56
jammamayhew

Seasoned Pro

Location: Ipswich

Registered: 14 Jul 2008

Posts: 3,637

Status: Offline

Post #30
lol. True. But if you look at the last year its leveling off hence why i didn't miss at "the current rate". Getting glasses through my work soon so yep feeling geeky at the moment. I've noticed in the last year gti6's have generally decreased in price by about 30% to 50%. And thats in 1 year! Thats looking at the listings on ebay pistonheads autotrader etc.

________________________________________

JAMMA "M44YHW" MAYHEW

LOSE WEIGHT NOW - ASK ME HOW -
NUTRI-FIX

GTi6 LPG, The best of both worlds!

2006: 1997 R reg 306 1.4 Miami - Diablo Red - DEAD
2007: 1999 V reg 306 1.4 Meridian - Diablo Red - SOLD
2007-09: 1998 S reg 306 GTi6 - Diablo Red - DEAD
2009-10: 1998 R reg Corsa 1.2 - Blue - SOLD
2010-13: 2001 Y reg 306 GTi6 LPG - Diablo Red - DEAD
2013 - 2013: 2000 X reg GTi6 LPG - Moonstone Blue - DEAD
2013 - current: 2001 X reg GTi6 LPG - Diablo Red
]FOR SALE[/b]

"I LIVE FOR THE 306"
Posted 12th Sep 2011 at 21:58
cwspellowe

Seasoned Pro

Location: Calderbank

Registered: 19 Jul 2009

Posts: 6,496

Status: Offline

Post #31
marco gti6 wrote:
So Ash do you know by any chance if the Rallyes were only sold in the UK? As i never saw any in France, Germany, Belgium, Luxembourg or Portugal. So i suppose it was a UK model only? Something like the PH1 106 Rallye 2 that only came out in Portugal? Where did you sourced the figures for the graph if you don't mind me asking?


It wasn't a homologation special iirc, was a marketing ploy for the UK market. Plenty of S16's (the proper S16, not the UK version) in Europe.

Different to the 106 Rallye that actually had a different engine and a few other changes, seems the 306 Rallye was purely to make the car more affordable by removing the mod cons

________________________________________

Bye bye Sundance Kid Sad
Posted 12th Sep 2011 at 22:41
beez_neez_gt

Seasoned Pro

Location: @ de limit of adhesion !

Registered: 14 Oct 2008

Posts: 2,916

Status: Offline

Post #32
Lets not forget the amount of cash this country as a whole has at this moment in time, so most cars will also be going cheaper. Cheaper cars are more likely to get broken/run inn, i think it will level off. There are loads of members/track car 6's kept in good nick and the graph line looks to be slowly leveling off.

In a different way of thinking, the 6 may almost disappear when elec/hybrid cars take over due to oil running out. Which cars will more likely be kept as a classic, 205gti or the 306 gti6 ? They may both be on the road together the/306 gti6 heart with the 205 soul, year baby lol.

________________________________________

Pug fee`ver,

Pick a Bogey, buy a Pug.

Black 306 GTI 6 Standard, was 60k mileage, bargain!!

Clicky: [url =http://www.306gti6.com]click here[/url] remove the space between [url & =
Posted 13th Sep 2011 at 00:01
jammamayhew

Seasoned Pro

Location: Ipswich

Registered: 14 Jul 2008

Posts: 3,637

Status: Offline

Post #33
when the time comes. I'll be converting my gti6 to an electric gti6 but there's years left yet. And only when its cheap enough to do so and the tech is available with the same if not more power.

________________________________________

JAMMA "M44YHW" MAYHEW

LOSE WEIGHT NOW - ASK ME HOW -
NUTRI-FIX

GTi6 LPG, The best of both worlds!

2006: 1997 R reg 306 1.4 Miami - Diablo Red - DEAD
2007: 1999 V reg 306 1.4 Meridian - Diablo Red - SOLD
2007-09: 1998 S reg 306 GTi6 - Diablo Red - DEAD
2009-10: 1998 R reg Corsa 1.2 - Blue - SOLD
2010-13: 2001 Y reg 306 GTi6 LPG - Diablo Red - DEAD
2013 - 2013: 2000 X reg GTi6 LPG - Moonstone Blue - DEAD
2013 - current: 2001 X reg GTi6 LPG - Diablo Red
]FOR SALE[/b]

"I LIVE FOR THE 306"
Posted 13th Sep 2011 at 12:20
roland rat

Yeeeah Rat fans!

Location: Swansea

Registered: 29 Nov 2006

Posts: 22,254

Status: Offline

Post #34
jammamayhew wrote:
when the time comes. I'll be converting my gti6 to an electric gti6 but there's years left yet. And only when its cheap enough to do so and the tech is available with the same if not more power.


youre such a c*nt nugget sometimes!!!!
Posted 13th Sep 2011 at 12:31
gilesy

Seasoned Pro

Location: Greenwich - in that London

Registered: 03 Apr 2006

Posts: 5,132

Status: Offline

Post #35
jammamayhew wrote:
when the time comes. I'll be converting my gti6 to an electric gti6 but there's years left yet. And only when its cheap enough to do so and the tech is available with the same if not more power.


What an epic bumder
Posted 13th Sep 2011 at 17:12
daveg

Tuna Melt

Location: Herts

Registered: 17 Dec 2002

Posts: 3,342

Status: Offline

Post #36
roland rat wrote:
jammamayhew wrote:
when the time comes. I'll be converting my gti6 to an electric gti6 but there's years left yet. And only when its cheap enough to do so and the tech is available with the same if not more power.


youre such a c*nt nugget sometimes!!!!


This

________________________________________

Erm?
Posted 13th Sep 2011 at 23:07
jammamayhew

Seasoned Pro

Location: Ipswich

Registered: 14 Jul 2008

Posts: 3,637

Status: Offline

Post #37
As said I live for the 306 and I'm not going to pay for all that petrol/oil etc when there's a cheap electric conversion available...but we're talking years yet. 10's of years possibly. lol.

I think I sound like a tit I know, but are you all telling me you are all going to sell the GTi6 in the next 10/20 years? If so you don't live for the 306 and can lick my gooch sidewaysThumbs up

________________________________________

JAMMA "M44YHW" MAYHEW

LOSE WEIGHT NOW - ASK ME HOW -
NUTRI-FIX

GTi6 LPG, The best of both worlds!

2006: 1997 R reg 306 1.4 Miami - Diablo Red - DEAD
2007: 1999 V reg 306 1.4 Meridian - Diablo Red - SOLD
2007-09: 1998 S reg 306 GTi6 - Diablo Red - DEAD
2009-10: 1998 R reg Corsa 1.2 - Blue - SOLD
2010-13: 2001 Y reg 306 GTi6 LPG - Diablo Red - DEAD
2013 - 2013: 2000 X reg GTi6 LPG - Moonstone Blue - DEAD
2013 - current: 2001 X reg GTi6 LPG - Diablo Red
]FOR SALE[/b]

"I LIVE FOR THE 306"
Posted 13th Sep 2011 at 23:17
daveg

Tuna Melt

Location: Herts

Registered: 17 Dec 2002

Posts: 3,342

Status: Offline

Post #38
Nope, I sold mine before you joined the forum... Which automatically err... hmm

Seriously though, it'll be a GTI-1 if you convert it to electric power. They don't have gearboxes, just one fixed ratio.


________________________________________

Erm?
Posted 13th Sep 2011 at 23:27
roland rat

Yeeeah Rat fans!

Location: Swansea

Registered: 29 Nov 2006

Posts: 22,254

Status: Offline

Post #39
jammamayhew wrote:
As said I live for the 306 and I'm not going to pay for all that petrol/oil etc when there's a cheap electric conversion available...but we're talking years yet. 10's of years possibly. lol.

I think I sound like a tit I know, but are you all telling me you are all going to sell the GTi6 in the next 10/20 years? If so you don't live for the 306 and can lick my gooch sidewaysThumbs up


Jamma,i'd happily put my house on it that in 10/20 years time you wont have your current car.

Also you'll hopefully look back and think what a massive douche you were for spouting such utter tripe on a forum.

As bad as it sounds I hope you get cancer of the ballbag or you twig and berries are torn off in an industrail accident so the world is not subjected to a bunch of f*ck-wit mini jammas ambling around Roll eyes

O/T Admin can I get a partial refund of my membership so that I can pay two tramps to fight of a flagon of cheap cider instead of having another 11 and a half months of Jamma's BS as the tramps will be better VFM
Posted 13th Sep 2011 at 23:42
gilesy

Seasoned Pro

Location: Greenwich - in that London

Registered: 03 Apr 2006

Posts: 5,132

Status: Offline

Post #40
I cannot believe that in 20 years you think you will have the same car.

Maybe you'll be married to that embarrassed bit of clunge that you took pictures of. Maybe she's accepted that you love your car.

But seriously? I hope you try and make sweet love to your car and your cock gets caught in your cambelt and comes round and slaps you in the face and wakes you up from the weird dream that you seem to be living every day.
Posted 13th Sep 2011 at 23:52
daveg

Tuna Melt

Location: Herts

Registered: 17 Dec 2002

Posts: 3,342

Status: Offline

Post #41
That just made me snort beer.

Good one.

I did some sums relating to driving 1000 miles a month in a leased electric car vs a leased (bigger, more comfortable) diesel estate car for my fleet at work, and it came out as a f*ck you to the tune of about £120 a month in favour of the *insert £300+vat a month diesel lease barge here*.

So electric cars - for now - can lick my nuts.

________________________________________

Erm?
Posted 13th Sep 2011 at 23:55
jammamayhew

Seasoned Pro

Location: Ipswich

Registered: 14 Jul 2008

Posts: 3,637

Status: Offline

Post #42
technology is always getting better. I wouldn't even think about having an electric car now. They are gay. But in 20 years time who's to say I'm wrong and electric cars night be more fun than petrol by then.

________________________________________

JAMMA "M44YHW" MAYHEW

LOSE WEIGHT NOW - ASK ME HOW -
NUTRI-FIX

GTi6 LPG, The best of both worlds!

2006: 1997 R reg 306 1.4 Miami - Diablo Red - DEAD
2007: 1999 V reg 306 1.4 Meridian - Diablo Red - SOLD
2007-09: 1998 S reg 306 GTi6 - Diablo Red - DEAD
2009-10: 1998 R reg Corsa 1.2 - Blue - SOLD
2010-13: 2001 Y reg 306 GTi6 LPG - Diablo Red - DEAD
2013 - 2013: 2000 X reg GTi6 LPG - Moonstone Blue - DEAD
2013 - current: 2001 X reg GTi6 LPG - Diablo Red
]FOR SALE[/b]

"I LIVE FOR THE 306"
Posted 14th Sep 2011 at 07:16
lukejenks101

Seasoned Pro

Location: Bristol

Registered: 15 Mar 2008

Posts: 5,694

Status: Offline

Post #43
Not saying the gti6 was a bad car, it was awesome, but since owning the golf and getting in a gti6 the other day I don't think I would buy another 6 again, unless it was at the peak of my budget!

________________________________________

PS3 I.D - jenkers101

Live i.d - Lukejenks1201
Posted 14th Sep 2011 at 07:28
allesclar

Seasoned Pro

Location: Sheffield

Registered: 17 May 2009

Posts: 4,254

Status: Offline

Post #44
got my eyes on an rs3 Smile sadly the 306 has got to go.

________________________________________

Team allesclar ®

Posted 14th Sep 2011 at 07:42
xsi_lew

Senior User

Location: Bristol

Registered: 16 Oct 2008

Posts: 833

Status: Offline

Post #45
gilesy wrote:
I hope you try and make sweet love to your car and your cock gets caught in your cambelt and comes round and slaps you in the face and wakes you up from the weird dream that you seem to be living every day.


LOL fantastic
Posted 14th Sep 2011 at 08:49
jayblue

Regular

Location: Brierley Hill

Registered: 26 Dec 2004

Posts: 118

Status: Offline

Post #46
The gti-6 is still capable of surprising a few people - just last week i was following an M5 between sets of lights. When we stopped at one i was alongside him and he put his window down and started asking me about my car - ended up saying it had "serious poke..."

Nice to get a compliment off someone in a car like that!
Posted 16th Sep 2011 at 15:26
walker_texasranger

Seasoned Pro

Location: Sunny Retford

Registered: 26 Jan 2008

Posts: 2,502

Status: Offline

Post #47
jammamayhew wrote:
when the time comes. I'll be converting my gti6 to an electric gti6 but there's years left yet. And only when its cheap enough to do so and the tech is available with the same if not more power.


Erm?

________________________________________

Almost standard 1999 Bianca Rallye
Hilux InvincibleX daily

306 No.13 Doh

Carp and specialist Anglers Click here
Posted 16th Sep 2011 at 15:40
dragoon

Seasoned Pro

Location: Ghent - Belgium

Registered: 30 Dec 2008

Posts: 1,071

Status: Offline

Post #48
cwspellowe wrote:
marco gti6 wrote:
So Ash do you know by any chance if the Rallyes were only sold in the UK? As i never saw any in France, Germany, Belgium, Luxembourg or Portugal. So i suppose it was a UK model only? Something like the PH1 106 Rallye 2 that only came out in Portugal? Where did you sourced the figures for the graph if you don't mind me asking?


It wasn't a homologation special iirc, was a marketing ploy for the UK market. Plenty of S16's (the proper S16, not the UK version) in Europe.

Different to the 106 Rallye that actually had a different engine and a few other changes, seems the 306 Rallye was purely to make the car more affordable by removing the mod cons


We've got several 306 Rallye's though, only big difference with the UK rallye's is that ours have the xs-cloth interior mostly and are better balanced due to being LHD Razz LOL

________________________________________

Team Wheelwhore
Team Limited Edition

Astor 306 Francorchamps RIP
Virtual Blue 208 GTi

quote:
I Love this place. So many illiterate deluded fool's acting 'ard . . . and so many literate intelligent people to rip them apart and knock them back down again . . . ahh Cool
Posted 16th Sep 2011 at 19:03
manthos

Seasoned Pro

Location: Norwich

Registered: 29 Apr 2009

Posts: 1,966

Status: Offline

Post #49
Well mine will always be around and im gonna keep it forever so say whay you like...... Its a fun little car and will be used for that reason alone for years to come..... FUN. And to keep it nice its now all tucked up for the winter.

________________________________________

Team SUPERCHARGED

Ninja I LIVE FOR THE 306 Ninja

Old Project thread

Clicky: [url =http://www.306gti6.com]click here[/url] remove the space between [url =
Posted 17th Sep 2011 at 10:11

Pages (2): 1 [2]

1998 Peugeot 306 GTi-6 750

  • 2000cc
  • Red
  • 150 miles

£750

Location: Grantham, Lincolnshire

All times are GMT. The time is now 10:34

The Peugeot GTi-6 & Rallye Owners Club Ltd - Registered in England & Wales - Reg No: 07410694 - ©2021 all rights reserved.

Please Note : The views and opinions found herein are those of individuals, and not of The Peugeot 306 GTi-6 & Rallye Owners Club Ltd or any individuals involved.
No responsibility is taken or assumed for any comments or statements made on, or in relation to, this website. Please see our updated privacy policy and legal information