displaying posts 26 to 50 of 186

Pages (8): 1 [2] 3 .. last

Author Subject: Sundance 2.0
darzmat

Senior User

Post #26
just become a paid member so i can finally say that i love what you have done with this car, especially as it was painted on the drive and what not. i think it looks spot on.

my bumper sat low after doing my fans 2 weeks ago, i slackened the bolts holding the bumper on and got my mate to lift the front of the bumper while i nipped them up. and thats it sorted

1997 blaze GTI-6 bought january '11 £800

Spend to date on parts £827.88

Posted 15th Sep 2011 at 19:43
cwspellowe

Seasoned Pro

Post #27
Sweet, will do that then when I get chance. CBA now having spent two days fixing niggly bits and pieces.

Cheers for the comments though Smile

Bye bye Sundance Kid Sad
Posted 15th Sep 2011 at 19:44
darzmat

Senior User

Post #28
not a problem,

im guessing that you wanted to bolt the vent on??
i do like the vent, as i dont think i have seen one on a 306 but i personally would of tiger sealed it on or something.

other than that, spot on

Posted 15th Sep 2011 at 19:48
cwspellowe

Seasoned Pro

Post #29
There's not enough of it to tigerseal it, also doesn't match the curve of the bonnet perfectly and is solid plastic, only way I could bend it is by bolting it down. Will paint the bolts and washer black anyway to make it more Ninja: but short of making my own duct there's no way it would fit properly otherwise.

Also on the evo it comes in two halves which attach to the bonnet from underneath. Would have taken some serious cutting to get the bottom half to fit as it's twice the size of the vent and I didn't want to remove half the bonnet to fit it!

It's not ideal but it works for now

Bye bye Sundance Kid Sad
Posted 15th Sep 2011 at 19:52
darzmat

Senior User

Post #30
fair enough then, keep up the good work

Posted 15th Sep 2011 at 20:00
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #31
Loosen off the nuts behind the washer bottle and horn, then get the missus to hold the bumper up while you nip it up.

It's too soon to tell whether I should take the p*ss out of that scoop, time will tell. Until then I shall look forward to it failing its MOT tomorrow.

Thumbs up

Membership expiring soon, get in contact on our new little forum project.
Posted 15th Sep 2011 at 21:02
cwspellowe

Seasoned Pro

Post #32
Where's your hat owain? So you can begin EATING IT!

Passed MOT with no advisories, that's what I like to hear!

Bye bye Sundance Kid Sad
Posted 16th Sep 2011 at 11:59
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #33
Heh, good work! Just goes to show, all you have to do to pass an MOT is replace every last component in the 12 months running up to it.

I don't know why more people don't do that Dunno

Posted 16th Sep 2011 at 12:04
cwspellowe

Seasoned Pro

Post #34
I know, not like i've had no social life or any money left! Makes it all worth it to be able to drive a car that can pass a test..

Bye bye Sundance Kid Sad
Posted 16th Sep 2011 at 12:10
cjm_harris

Seasoned Pro

Post #35
Really like the look of the bonnet vent, will be spot on when you have painted the bolts and washers Thumbs up

My bumper looks like that as well. Will try the angle of getting a mate to hold the bumper up while I tighten. I thought it was down to the fact that the 3 strips of plastic that bolt to the slam panel are all broken on mine Sad

Chris
1999 China Gti6 Supercharged Devil [Fun car] >>Project Thread<<
2000 Bianca 306 Diesel [Work runabout]
Posted 16th Sep 2011 at 12:50
rikky 🦔

Post #36
can we rename the thread "how to wreck a 306"? Whistle

nah, joking aside, i actually love it!

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 16th Sep 2011 at 12:51
mcfc1987

Seasoned Pro

Post #37
I'm loving the colour and vent, looks good!

Posted 16th Sep 2011 at 12:52
cwspellowe

Seasoned Pro

Post #38
rikky wrote:

Oh look wendy, another hippy!

Laugh cheers fellas. Just glad it flew through its MOT today, means I can get back to fettling Ninja

Bye bye Sundance Kid Sad
Posted 16th Sep 2011 at 12:56
simonjames

Seasoned Pro

Post #39
cwspellowe wrote:
rikky wrote:

Oh look wendy, another hippy!

Laugh cheers fellas. Just glad it flew through its MOT today, means I can get back to fettling painting the bonnet Ninja

Thumbs up

All South Wales Members Click Here
Team Supercharged Black RALLYE ™ (Click Here for Build Project)
MY EBAY ITEMS

Posted 16th Sep 2011 at 13:36
cwspellowe

Seasoned Pro

Post #40
Ninja

Finally something's gone right today, about time as normally five minute jobs turn into days of expense and scraped knuckles! Heating in the car has been permanently hot since I changed the matrix, that hot that during last winter i was driving round with the windows open even though it was -10 or so outside!

Bypassed the matrix this summer as a temp fix but decided last night i was going to sort it once and for all. Fearing a dash-off job, i checked the simple things first. Lower dash away, ooh what's that?

Hmm pretty sure that was probably plugged in somewhere before, let's see what's in reach of the wire..

Oh look, there appears to be a socket there that fits the mystery plug! Only one way to find out if it works, plug it in and hope for the best!

Result, can now see the diverter flap being moved when the temperature control switch is turned. To think all this f*cking about bypassing the matrix could have been avoided if i'd been more thorough refitting the dash Doh

On another note, say hello to my ingenious bonnet release catch:

Turns out the P1 uses a different bonnet release cable to the P2/3 that's split in the middle. Really cba fitting a new cable as it's pretty low on my list of priorities so just cable tied half of it to the fan surround and put a tag on the end to pull to release it. Few funny looks at the MOT but meh Laugh

Token engine bay shot

Now just to arrange new insurance...

**EDIT and yes i've topped up my PAS reservoir now thanks Laugh

Bye bye Sundance Kid Sad
Posted 21st Sep 2011 at 11:22
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #41
Is that just the safety catch release or the whole thing? Because I would definitely pull that if I walked past it.

Posted 21st Sep 2011 at 11:24
cwspellowe

Seasoned Pro

Post #42
Whistle

Best not leave my car anywhere near Chelmsford Laugh

It's tucked away now so you can't see it from outside, just tie wrapped it there for the MOT so he could find it easy enough

Bye bye Sundance Kid Sad
Posted 21st Sep 2011 at 11:26
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #43
owain wrote:
Because I would definitely pull that if I walked past it.

You do seem to have a talent for that. Still, bet it pays for shiny stuff on the car...

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 21st Sep 2011 at 13:35
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #44
I'll stop tugging when you stop paying Phil Wink

Posted 21st Sep 2011 at 13:37
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #45
I've been surviving on bread and water for 2 years because of you Sad

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 21st Sep 2011 at 13:39
cwspellowe

Seasoned Pro

Post #46
Well now that the rent boys have calmed it down I feel an update is due!

Firstly, after seeing matt's Astor thread and seeing what he did with the backbox i decided to do the same, only I used VHT matt black, not satin, so I can't be accused of copying him Laugh

Desperately need a new exhaust tip though, looking around for a decent new one, not necessarily in the same style but something subtle that fits properly. Looking at a 2.5" round tip at the minute but i'm not rushing. Will tack a new one on just like the current one is.

Before and afters:

As you can see the chrome is flaking off badly which is weird because the exhaust's in really good nick bar some surface rust. Oh well, add it to the list!

Gave the calipers a lick of paint too, the fronts were flaked and red and the rears were yellow but clashed with the paintwork so out came the closest match I could get in VHT paint

Also got a package from CleanYourCar today with some goodies, some Finnish Kare FK1000p hi temp polymer sealant paste and some FK#425 quick detailer. Heard good things about the FK1000p regarding durability so set about giving it a few coats. Only got one coat on today as was polishing like a little b*tch to give it the best chance possible.

Popped to Halfords too for some other bits but their 3for2 at the minute is only on Turtle Wax, good job there's a few of their products I rate!

As you can see I had a few products lined up, some G3 to scrub the paint up good followed by Super Resin Polish and G10 finishing compound. This was topped with a coat of FK1000p and a spritz with the FK425, both products SO easy to use compared to natural waxes! TW Ice glass cleaner and some TW Nano Tech wheel cleaner and tyre gel left me with this:

Ignore the bonnet, that's being repainted along with the roof and spoiler (when it arrives). And i'm sure you'll agree, all that effort has... well, just made the car look really clean. Hard to photograph yellow with a phone camera but i'm happy with the results. FK1000p is only £17 from CYC too so an absolute steal, adding another coat tomorrow and should be enough, probably add a third though as we're approaching Winter.

You may have noticed something else too.. new stickers Laugh Old ones were a bit water stained as they were paper stickers, these are outdoor vinyl though so should last ok. Couple more still to come but they're top secret Ninja

Haters gonn' hate LOL

Bye bye Sundance Kid Sad
Posted 29th Sep 2011 at 18:01
honestly3k

Seasoned Pro

Post #47
Thinking of getting a sticker or two for mine LOL

Are you going sundance on the bonnet/roof too are you repainting them black?

Sundance ftw imo! Would make the car look very clean Smile

''Oh, it does handle like a golf!'' Why drive a Golf....when you can drive a GTi-6?
Posted 29th Sep 2011 at 18:26
cwspellowe

Seasoned Pro

Post #48
Don't know tbh, probably staying black but yellow's a good shout. Will see what Mr Paint Shop has to say about it tomorrow! Most likely black again as I cba re-priming everything, would have to white prime the black panels and then paint again, whereas with the black I can just layer it on to cover scratches from angle grinding etc

Might give photoshop a go...

Bye bye Sundance Kid Sad
Posted 29th Sep 2011 at 18:33
cwspellowe

Seasoned Pro

Post #49
Hmm now i'm just not sure any more!

Bye bye Sundance Kid Sad
Posted 29th Sep 2011 at 18:56
judge dead

Regular

Post #50