displaying posts 1 to 4 of 4

Author Subject: Ball Joint Quality.
beez_neez_gt

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
I need to replace my N/S ball joint, so im replacing both at the same time.

I got a set of 'Vetech' ball joints from GSF and would like to know other members experience of these to see if they are worth fitting these types ?

If they are not worth fitting due to their quality, then what are the best quality makes of these O/E spec ball joints ?

Cheers

Pug fee`ver,

Pick a Bogey, buy a Pug.

Black 306 GTI 6 Standard, was 60k mileage, bargain!!

Clicky: [url =http://www.306gti6.com]click here[/url] remove the space between [url & =
Posted 8th Sep 2011 at 13:39
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Pretty sure I have the same ones, and they've been fine since. Mine's just a track car though, so takes a big battering occasionally; I don't know what they'd be like taking a light battering constantly, if you get me.

Way I see it - if you're capable of changing then yourself, no harm in getting cheap ones that later break. If you're paying someone else £60-an-hour to fit them, it's worth the extra few quid for a decent one.

Membership expiring soon, get in contact on our new little forum project.
Posted 8th Sep 2011 at 13:43
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #3
I've used Motaquip ones which are damn cheap and have been on my car for about 5k now without any issues, pretty rough roads around here.

Vetech bushes dont seem too hot tbh, I've heard comments from Miles about their wheel bearings no being particularly good, not had their Balljoints on my brothers car for long enough to tell if they last yet.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 8th Sep 2011 at 14:14
beez_neez_gt

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Yeah i know about the quality issues with their wheel bearings, which is why im asking about their ball joint quality before fitting.

They do feel very stiff, i have to put some real force in it to make the joint move.

Pug fee`ver,

Pick a Bogey, buy a Pug.

Black 306 GTI 6 Standard, was 60k mileage, bargain!!

Clicky: [url =http://www.306gti6.com]click here[/url] remove the space between [url & =
Posted 8th Sep 2011 at 14:45