displaying posts 1 to 5 of 5

Author Subject: Help - What's this?
notoriouslor

Regular

Post #1
Anyone know what this pipe is? Noticed it broken this morning, right at the front of the car under the rad, something to do with the rad I take it but not sure, is it an easy fix? Sorry about the picture but it was taken quickly with my phone

Posted 6th Sep 2011 at 10:47
720puggti

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
That's an aircon pipe. Cost a few hundered quid to fix. Just ask yourself: Can you live with aircon? If you can, cut it shorter so it's out of the way...

Deepak Gohil

Posted 6th Sep 2011 at 11:57
notoriouslor

Regular

Post #3
Glad that's kind of sorted then, will it do any damage being like that and not sealed off or anything?
Posted 6th Sep 2011 at 14:43
720puggti

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Judging by the state it's in, the compressor is probably damaged through vapour absorption.

Just make sure it's out of the way so it doesn't catch on anything. Apart from that you'll just have to do without the aircon on those "summer" days.

I don't think many owners care that their aircon doesn't work, and many prospective buyers are aware that working aircon is a rarity.

Deepak Gohil

Posted 6th Sep 2011 at 17:10
notoriouslor

Regular

Post #5
Thanks guys, I'll get it tied up in the morning then totally forget about it, the aircon wasn't working when I bought the car anyway
Posted 6th Sep 2011 at 22:58