displaying posts 1 to 2 of 2

Author Subject: so glad to be back
darzmat

Senior User

Post #1
first of all i will be paying my membership on thursday.

had a week off work this week, and could of done with asking a load of questions, but as the site was down i read through alot of the older posts, so i now feel im alot more clued up on the 306. on the plus side i signed up to detailingworld as i was bored and its such a good site with alot of great reads.

managed to sort out all my little problems, went to the scrappies (about 50 miles away) as soon as i walked through the gate there was a phase three hdi sitting there, so whipped off the ph3 crystals, the silver dash center dash, the control unit for the heaters, few spare relays and the window switch and the cooling fans and cowling. got that lot for 60 quid. also picked up some other things for a mates car.

stripped the front of my car down (ph2 gti6) and removed the fans, pluged in the new ones and they were barely turning, sprayed a little wd40 on them and they stopped completely lol, on my old fans i found that one of the pins on the multi plug had corroded off, so i swapped the wiring and relays from the new fans to my one's and they work perfectly. refitted everything along with the phase 3 lights.

fitted the dash surround, and got confused with the lighter socket, and ended up blowing a fuse, and a relay ( my indicators stopped working :S) figured out the lighter socket and replaced fuse and relay and all was well.

so with everything working as it should, ive fallen for my car again lol. as well as getting it taxed and insured as it was off the road for a month previous.. cant afford a decent exhaust atm so i got a friend to remove the centre box, which complements the scorpion backbox(it now sounds like it should) so im delighted with that.

next step is my front coilovers which i should be getting next weekend. and while im doing them i will be painting my brakes black.

1997 blaze GTI-6 bought january '11 £800

Spend to date on parts £827.88

Posted 4th Sep 2011 at 02:00
chrisd306

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Good stuff mate

In my garage just now

2003 BMW M3 & 2009 L200 Raging Bull
& Audi Q5 S Line
AX stock rod & Saxo Stock rod
Sold the bike an charged rallye an bought a caravan, midlife crisis or what!
Posted 6th Sep 2011 at 06:45