displaying posts 301 to 320 of 320

Pages (13): first .. 11 12 [13]

Author Subject: Project Money Pit Rallye (Pic Heavy)
hovis16

Seasoned Pro

Post #301
So a long awaited update.

Bear with while I try to remember how to do it

So after the last trackday the 306 track lot planned another, this time an afternoon with Opentrack No Lets just say is wasn't the best track day resulting in 3 broken cars all of which were ours LOL Before this happened is was an ok day but Opentrack is not a company I would try again.

As for the car the new arb and roller bearing upgrade made the first few laps interesting along with the semis

Had one good session with a Clio which was great fun chasing, As soon as I overtook him which filled me which great pleasure the car decided to try and kill me LOL

Facing very expensive BMW's on paddock hill was a shooty bum moment LOL

I seemed to have lost all power as soon as I entered the hill which then resulted in lift off over steer taking over. After limping back to the paddock after an hour of swapping sensor and carrying out test woody Love came to my rescue and diagnosed a back fire which I had completely missed.

The result of this was due to the inlet bung flying outShock lucky for me once again Woody to the rescue as I had missed placed the bung.

With the engineered solution in place I limped it back to Reading and with the help of my assistant found the bungLOL

With that back in place I gave the car a good look other and noted some noise along with lumpy running which seem to be cambelt slap Sad lucky for me no damage was done apart from a water leak.

this was replaced along with the belt

Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up

That sorted I took it easy fora few thousand miles until Pufgest was due Love I did have a mishap two week prior which resluted in my powersteering pipe dumping all it guts done my street Thumbs down was great trying to fix but I did and had lot of fun up presscotLove

Ph2 Black GTI 6!

EX black 6 owner
But now a Black caged rallye owner

Hunting for Go faster bits!

SEARCH

click here
Posted 27th Nov 2021 at 13:39
hovis16

Seasoned Pro

Post #302
So before Pugfest I managed to get hold of another set of Hispecs and this time the stayed LOL

Over all condition was great but first thing I did was take them apart LOL

With those sorted I ordered new pads and disc all round

Ph2 Black GTI 6!

EX black 6 owner

SEARCH

click here
Posted 27th Nov 2021 at 13:54
hovis16

Seasoned Pro

Post #303
With all that done winter was on the wayThumbs down

What to do.......................

Dunno

I know what I will rebuild my spared head that I have in the garage Yes Yes First thing was to strip it

As I had robbed some valves from this head before to fix a cock up some new supersprints were ordered.

Lapped in the old skool way and a gap was noted

No

So off to Pug1off it went for a skim and seat recut. the result Thumbs up

That all done attention was set to tarting Roll eyes Roll eyes Love Love

I then got carried away in typical Hovis fashion LOL

This was then made worse when I saw a cheap bottom end up for grabs, Cheap for a reasonThumbs down

The state of this should of given my warning signsLOL

I then found worse damage so by then as I ordered new pistons Whistle I had to source another block and crankThumbs down

Weighed that all in £50 quid LOL then spent more moneyNo

Block number two much better

Cleaned derusted and painted

More Painting

More cleaning

Looking fresh

Got hold of another crank with rocking horse s**t Shock

Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

Thats all at the moment, currently waiting on the pistons to come back from Bridgecraft as i'm having the cutouts enlarged , then off to Pug1off for rebore and Hone.

Watch this space.

Ph2 Black GTI 6!

EX black 6 owner

SEARCH

click here
Posted 27th Nov 2021 at 14:53
alcon

Senior User

Post #304
Are you able to list the various paint finishes you have used for each part please?

1999 GTi-6 (china blue)
1999 Rallye (black)
Posted 28th Nov 2021 at 11:47
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #305
Fantastic update Thumbs up
Posted 28th Nov 2021 at 17:40
hovis16

Seasoned Pro

Post #306
alcon wrote:
Are you able to list the various paint finishes you have used for each part please?

Hammerite stonechip
Upol hightemp paint
And satin lacquer

Ph2 Black GTI 6!

EX black 6 owner

SEARCH

click here
Posted 1st Dec 2021 at 10:28
alcon

Senior User

Post #307
hovis16 wrote:
alcon wrote:

Hammerite stonechip
Upol hightemp paint
And satin lacquer

Thanks, looks good.

1999 GTi-6 (china blue)
1999 Rallye (black)
Posted 1st Dec 2021 at 13:40
hovis16

Seasoned Pro

Post #308
So finally received the piston back from Bridgecraft Love very happy with the work and I have to say the work was second to none as all the machined that had been done the piston still came in at the same weight.

As these were done I then set about looking for new Rod bolts, As I don't no the history of the rods I thought I'd change the bolts. Funny thing is standard replacements are as much as these

I know alot of people will say OTT but as this engine is going to get more abuse than my current one it better to be safe than sorry.

I then had another good look over then journals as I also got a set of new genuine bearings with them, most of the surfaces looked tarnished but not scored so I thought I'd do a hillbilly polishLOL don't shoot me.

Personally I think it came out pretty spot on.

Thumbs up

I also managed to find an updated oil pulley sprocket

Those looking all good. So I dropped the Block,Piston,Rod, Bolts as well as the sump and Cam ladder as the surfaces weren't to my liking.

So as I now have nothing else to do till those turn up I just did MORE cleaning LOL

Before

After

ladder and cover bolts

Sump bolts

And the sealing exhaust surface.

Thats all for nowCool

Ph2 Black GTI 6!

EX black 6 owner

SEARCH

click here
Posted 23rd Dec 2021 at 13:32
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #309
All looks fantastic gotta love a fresh clean engine build
Posted 24th Dec 2021 at 12:44
hovis16

Seasoned Pro

Post #310

So with the head all cleaned I had to wait on the other engine bits to be fitted and the block work to be complete.

I typical Hovis fashion instead of waiting for those bits to be completed I managed to find more things to buy Roll eyes

BILLY bargin at 250quid came with set of rotors and a snapped nipple but not going to complain.

First thing to do was a full strip down

Corrosion thank god wasn't too bad

With everything all cleaned I noticed two slight corroded piston so I ordered a complete rebuild kit.

With that done I started the paint process.

Then had and issue with the Clearcoat after I applied the decals Angry so had to start again.

Love
Built them up and fitted and found that I need 3mm spacerS No not a massive issue but not a big fan on them so will look into that at a later date

After running them for a week I found the Brake performance to be immense but the weight of the 288mm Discs was noticed as well as a squeal from time to time soooooooooooooooooooooLOL Big grin Cool

Wink Love Love Love Love Love

Ph2 Black GTI 6!

EX black 6 owner

SEARCH

click here
Posted 7th Mar 2022 at 11:45
hovis16

Seasoned Pro

Post #311
Bout two week after the brakes where completed I got a call from the engine shopLOL

Had the Cam ladder flattened off and had my spare auto tension pulley machined flat as it was suffering with some very bad wear.
The block was decked, bored and honed

After a lot of cleaning, drying and blowing of air the block was sorted and hone marks were spot on

Thumbs up

I also had the Crank dropped off to get new bearings as I really don't understand the measurements Dunno LOL
So this had another once over

They also fitted my ARP bolts and machined the rods to compensate for the fitting of them

With those bits all done it was time to start the rebuild

Hyper

With that all done I then decided to look into something to stop me from suffering with Oil starvation so as I didn't fancy an accupump I decided this would be my best option.

https://carreira.technology/producto/carter-tabicado-peugeot-citroen-xu9-xu10/
So I placed it on order while waiting I gave the sump a clean and paint

I then received the baffled sump sooner than expected Love

Fitment wise all I had to do was remove the bottom pipe so can't complain.

With that done on went the Head

Ph2 Black GTI 6!

EX black 6 owner

SEARCH

click here
Posted 7th Mar 2022 at 13:03
hovis16

Seasoned Pro

Post #312
So with engine build moving on well I decided it was time to get the wheels sorted as driving with the 6mm extra track on the front was making the car feel very odd and not filling me with confidence Unsure Unsure

I managed to find some pro races from a fellow forum member BUT! The wheels I've wanted for ever appeared up for sale
Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love

15 inch Oz Ultraleggera thank you very much
Dropped them to the refurb shop as many years back Mr Roland rat had a very nice set of cyclones done in Shadow chrome which looked amazing Love So I did the same.

Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love

That's all for now Thumbs up

Ph2 Black GTI 6!

EX black 6 owner

SEARCH

click here
Posted 7th Mar 2022 at 12:52
ben306

Seasoned Pro

Post #313
Looking prime

nice updates

My 306 Rallye Project Thread

Few recent Youtube track videos, more on my channel
Pair of Rallye's doing a few laps of Anglesey

Lap of Anglesey Coastal

3 sisters circuit

Few laps at Blyton
Posted 8th Mar 2022 at 12:09
russbez

Seasoned Pro

Post #314
very nice

TEAM HIGH BOOST SUPERCHARGED RALLYE

My Rallye project thread
Posted 9th Mar 2022 at 08:56
hovis16

Seasoned Pro

Post #315
Have a big update which I need to edit at a later date but for now enjoy the photos Thumbs up LOL

So I managed to find a Valeo via Autodoc, seems it becoming harder to find clutch bits at the moment LOL

With the engine almost done I decided against re fitting the PETER T cams........LOL so I bought some CATCAM 106S

With those purchased I thought best plan of action was to get PUG1OFF to fit them for me, the joy of this is because o have the piston cut-outs they could get the best possible timing position from them Thumbs up

Then in typical Hovis fashion I got carried away painting Roll eyes

Annoying the Hydrate 80 I used doesn't like heat so the lovely finish didn't last long Thumbs down No

I then decided to replaced the dyed out yellow badge for a grey one which I think looks much better.

Saw a set of Bridgecraft hubs up for grabs to snapped them up and replaced the bearingsThumbs up conviced Greg purdie and Woody to get a set and all.

Also found a F2000 SPOILERLove I think it looks the part. Plan is to get it tidied up then get a few extra made up Thumbs up

Also decide to purchase a new filter after getting jealous of Toms

Went to Retro rides to get 6 laps of GOODWOOD that was good fun until another main seal failureNo second in about 8 years.

Ph2 Black GTI 6!

EX black 6 owner

SEARCH

click here
Posted 23rd Sep 2022 at 14:42
hovis16

Seasoned Pro

Post #316

r

Ph2 Black GTI 6!

EX black 6 owner

SEARCH

click here
Posted 23rd Sep 2022 at 09:25
S8-Tom

Regular

Post #317
Cracking job on all of it and I bet it's going even better than it looks. Be good to see what she's getting with all the upgrades.

Equally jealous of your ceramic coated manifold, that was a steal!

Finished the running in yet? I found there was noticable changes over the first 500 miles (sound, power and torque) then less noticable up to 1000miles.

1343Z4 coolant hose o-rings for sale
198131 injector o-rings for sale
Posted 23rd Sep 2022 at 10:51
hovis16

Seasoned Pro

Post #318
S8-Tom wrote:
Cracking job on all of it and I bet it's going even better than it looks. Be good to see what she's getting with all the upgrades.

Equally jealous of your ceramic coated manifold, that was a steal!

Finished the running in yet? I found there was noticable changes over the first 500 miles (sound, power and torque) then less noticable up to 1000miles.

yeah run her in and now on 860milesYes very happy with it so far. Goes very well the wife even noticed LOL
Need to book it in for a tweek to the map so will find out the power of it soon enough

Ph2 Black GTI 6!

EX black 6 owner

SEARCH

click here
Posted 23rd Sep 2022 at 14:41
99rallye

Regular

Post #319
Engine bay looking on point!!! 🤤
Posted 30th Sep 2022 at 09:25
hovis16

Seasoned Pro

Post #320
So been rather busy recently.......

New job, dog and Wife keeping me busy and all the other joys of life.

the car hasn't been getting ignored though.

After getting the engine in I notice the Interior fan keep not working and then ending up with the dreadedThumbs down interior mist on the windscreen due to a failed Heater Matrix.

this isn't a job for the faint hearted. Most hateful job I have ever had to do on the 306, I don't plan on doing another. The thing is to add insult to injury I managed to get a chip in the windscreen the day before I tackled the Matrix Whistle which then resulted in a full failure after headbutting the window while removing the dash.

After a 3 MONTH wait the new one arrived

Love

After this was fitted the car sat for a few months as i was using me old mans Vectra.

While off the road I did some more tarting. BM Baker finally released a reasonable priced intake hose so then went on A.S.A.P

Coolant cap had a freshen up.

Fuel hose brackets

My modified undertray decided to eject from the car on the M40 LOL my fault for chasing an M2 to be fair LOL so i faound a replacement that Tom collins purchased.

overal fit was pretty good and worked with my lower brace. I decided to install some rivnut screws for extra safety though

Pointless spending all the time on making the engine look good if it gets blasted from the underside Thumbs up

With that done i enjoyed the car for a while. I then decided that I had enough of the Jetex exhaust. Great system but having to remove yearly to stop the surface rust and corrosion was doing my head in. Took the plunge an got a Piper Love Love Love Love

Best decision ever. The sound a drivability has improved greatly due to size difference of the bore Thumbs up.

Couple more bits to do i the next few months. Booked in for a remap next month and hopefully sound have the F2000 spoiler back to fit all before Peugeot fest. After that next on the cards will be a full respray as people have been admiring her a lot as of resent and the paint and body work are far from great in my eyes Cool

Ph2 Black GTI 6!

EX black 6 owner

SEARCH

click here
Posted 2nd May 2023 at 10:48

Pages (13): first .. 11 12 [13]