displaying posts 1 to 3 of 3

Author Subject: Refurbed the cyclones
gilesy

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
After the tyre guy who fitted my tyres asked where I got my wheels refurbed being quite surprised when I told them they were rattle canned, I thought I'd show you how I did it.

Step 1. Get the aircraft finishers at work to bead blast the front faces of the beauties

Good to see that MoD employees using MoD equipment in no doubt MoD time still charge - this practice is called a 'rabbit'.

Same MoD guy gave me loads of differing grades of pads for my vibrating tool so I went to work for a loooong time on themLove

Then it was time for somewhere to paint them. Hmmm in my nice little tool store at work is ideal, seeing as that's where I've done all the other stuff!

Sadly didn't get too many of them as was busy wearing gloves and a white paper suit but here they are afterwards. In between all coats of primer and paint there was a gentle rub(!) of 1200 grit

So, what to do next...I need somewhere for them out the way for the lacquer to harden...

But wait, what's this?

An office heater? Surely not! Hmmm 3 days at Gas Mk 4 should do it

Et voila...serve piping hot

That place is where I do all my servicing too...

Posted 13th Aug 2011 at 00:53
buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Excellent

andrew315rawson@live.co.uk
Moonstone phase 7 gti6
My Project thread: http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=119992&page=1
Posted 19th Apr 2014 at 15:34
jimmyrallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
They look spot on and no damage putting tyres back excelent work , I thought you still had the rallye little I know

Ps could of give them calipers a lick of paint whilst you at it Wink

"Police arrested two kids yesterday, one was drinking battery acid, the other was eating fireworks. They charged one and let the other one off."
Posted 19th Apr 2014 at 16:13